Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Will my PC Run this? What CPU/GPU to get? What settings? System Specifications.

That's a good system, can you overclock your CPU for even more speed! I have my i7 920 @ 3.6Ghz.

What's the best I can overclock it with standard cooling?

Gday digs, what Battalion you with?

I used to be a choco in 5/6th but that was in times past.

Gday digs, what Battalion you with?

I used to be a choco in 5/6th but that was in times past.

I'm with CTC - Combat Training Centre up in Townsville.

i have the same question too, i have a AMD athlon x2 Dual core 64 @ 1.99 GHZ (2.00) 2 GB of ram but i have this this card, which i think is a little beter than the 8500 GT, and its the EXACT card http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=270400076613 what does everyone think ?

The graphics card is shit. I'd get something faster. How much are you prepared to spend?

What's the best I can overclock it with standard cooling?

According to overclocking websites, up to ~3.5GHz is reasonable with stock cooling. You should really read on multiple places about overclocking so that you know what you're doing, though. You can also get a lot higher and safer overclocking with a 50-100$ cooler.

*Should* run the game great, at least as long as you don't expect to run more than 100% fillrate.

The graphics card is shit. I'd get something faster. How much are you prepared to spend?

lol how are u gonna say its shit ? its what the game recommends, and i just bought it im not buying another graphics card for a long ass time i got that one for 100 $ so it was a pretty good deal. + i the quad heat piping on that card allows me Oc it if i wanted to.

requirementsforarma2.jpg

Edited by Shinobi575

Shinobi, he (like me) initially misread your post thinking you had an 8500GT which is shit.

The gpu you have, whilst not being an especially amazing card, is a LOT better than an 8500GT (a tad better/similar performance to a 9800GTX) and should be fine for normal settings in arma 2.

as for a 2.00ghz dual core?

thats IS poor, but should be adequate to run the game.

Edited by xmongx

thank you m8 thats all i wanted to know :) i know my CPU is poor but remember its also 3-4 years old, ill wait to get a new CPU but if it comes down to running horribly i may spend the money and just buy a new one :) thanks again for your info

I'm sorry but you are wrong. It does not cause problems with Arma 2. I have tried with this kit: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231260 and Arma 2 runs just fine with it. This is a 12GB kit.

Explain this then.

lol how are u gonna say its shit ? its what the game recommends, and i just bought it im not buying another graphics card for a long ass time i got that one for 100 $ so it was a pretty good deal. + i the quad heat piping on that card allows me Oc it if i wanted to.

Apologies, I said that in reference to your old card, I didnt see the link for the 4850 :whistle: Yeah, the 4850 would be a good choice :)

Edited by echo1

Could i run with max settings?

Intel core 2 Quad 9400 2.66mhz each core

9600GT (512mb)

4gb ram

1280 x 1024 ress

vista 32

Explain this then.

Apologies, I said that in reference to your old card, I didnt see the link for the 4850 :whistle: Yeah, the 4850 would be a good choice :)

nps , i was just like what the F*** i just got this card and this guy is tellin me its shit hahaha yeah this 4850 was a HUGE step up from my 1600 omg it is retarded how good all my games look now, the card is loud but if ur cheap like me but want the best look than the 4850 is the way to go

minimum Intel P4 3.0ghz, recomended 8800gt and 2gb ram?

i got P4 HT 3.0ghz wich is minimum

9600gt wich is not a lot worse then 8800gt

and 2gb ram for win xp 32bit

how will i play it ?

minimum Intel P4 3.0ghz, recomended 8800gt and 2gb ram?

i got P4 HT 3.0ghz wich is minimum

9600gt wich is not a lot worse then 8800gt

and 2gb ram for win xp 32bit

how will i play it ?

Actually an 9600 is the same as 8600 which is a budget card and isnt really even comparable to the 8800 or 9800 which is the same card. My guess would be that you can run it on low to medium settings.

Explain this then.

I can't explain it. I had none of the problems using the G-Skill DDR3-1333 12GB kit. Although I did encounter a out of usable memory crash.

Suma explains:

How can I know? All I know is that ArmA 2 runs fine on all 8 GB Vista systems I have tested so far. I cannot rule out a possibility that some combination of components we did not test is still handled bad on our side.
Could i run with max settings?

Intel core 2 Quad 9400 2.66mhz each core

9600GT (512mb)

4gb ram

1280 x 1024 ress

vista 32

No you won't be able to 'max' it out. You can try but I am sure you will FPS that is not even close to playable. It will play like a slideshow if at all.

Edited by Supernova

Actually an 9600 is the same as 8600 which is a budget card and isnt really even comparable to the 8800 or 9800 which is the same card. My guess would be that you can run it on low to medium settings.

Sorry but 9600gt is not comparable in anyway to 8600gt, it is more closer to 8800gt.

http://i2.techpowerup.com/reviews/Zotac/GeForce_9600_GT_Amp_Edition/images/crysis_1280_1024.gif

Completely incorrect. A 8600GT is comparable to a 7600GT, whereas a 9600GT is a rebranded 8800GS which is a slightly slower 8800GT. So a 9600GT is almost at the level of the recommended card for the game, whereas the 8600GT would barely meet minimum requirements.

Is anyone playing with a 9800GX2? how is the performance?

rest of my system is

Core i7 920

Asus P6T Deulxe V2

6GB DDR3 Triple Channel

Windows 7 RC

Completely incorrect. A 8600GT is comparable to a 7600GT, whereas a 9600GT is a rebranded 8800GS which is a slightly slower 8800GT. So a 9600GT is almost at the level of the recommended card for the game, whereas the 8600GT would barely meet minimum requirements.

so I'm set up for the GFX card and Ram but will my CPU ruin the game experience? or will it be still playable at 1024/768 dx9 medium/low ?

odd i had a clan member playing with a 8800GTS 768MB PCI-E and he ran the game on high at 25-30fps. Whether as i have another mate who has the same card but 320MB of memory and he has to run the game on low-med

Not sure whats odd there he has less texture ram available so maybe its not suprising he has to drop the settings a bit?

Not sure whats odd there he has less texture ram available so maybe its not suprising he has to drop the settings a bit?

yea i know that already lol

odd i had a clan member playing with a 8800GTS 768MB PCI-E and he ran the game on high at 25-30fps. Whether as i have another mate who has the same card but 320MB of memory and he has to run the game on low-med

You should know there is no 768mb version of the 8800gts, I think you're confusing it with the 8800gtx which did have 768mb. for the 8800gts there was the 320mb your friend had and the 640mb, and then when the card was rereleased on a newer chip (same g92 chip the 8800gt was based on) it was 512mb. A 768mb for the 8800gts would only be possible in the manufacturer made a version that deviated from the reference model, in which cases were not that great as they were often bullshit models like a 8800gt with 1gb vram, which it really didn't make much good use of all that memory since it's bus size remained the same.

Just trying to clear that up for you since Nvidia is notorious for releasing basically multiple similar versions of the same card, confusing the hell out of the consumer base.

Is the HD 4890 still the best single gpu card for ArmA2? Or are there cards that do actualy perform better? And how does the performance of the GTX 285 compare? You better answer my questions.

You better answer my questions.

With an attitude like that you don't deserve an answer.