Page 81 of 134 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591131 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: The all new: Ask a moderator about the forum & rules

Quote Originally Posted by ProfTournesol View Post
    Disabled on purpose. Still here in the vb3 for vb4 style though.
    Aha, thanks for the tip changed my forum style to that one.
    Fire And Smoke for ArmA2: JTD_FireAndSmoke v0.2

For better future effects addons, please vote for this ticket.

2.   Click here to go to the next Developer post in this thread.   #802
    total stats are less demanding and way more informative,
    SOM stats are sadly only on or off not per group optionable

also the list of 'active' users is quite long if there is 500+ of them
    plus if You click on the NUMBER users online. it brings You to list anyway

so no functionality is lost, it's just not growing out of control on the main page

also be sure the admins, devs and mods see way more and longer statistics than normal users

I shall not insult moderators
    To the right under settings and logout I'm told I have 83 unread posts. If I click on it I get a list of threads 95% of which I have never visited. Any explanations for this?

Why I mention it is the list grows ever larger and I was concerned resources are being used unnecessarily?
    Last edited by PELHAM; Mar 3 2012 at 17:19.

4.   Click here to go to the next Developer post in this thread.   #804
    it's list of unread posts same as when clicking on 'new posts' with different from-time rules applied
    resource usage is neglible as all this is one fetch go (not even query count raised)

So at what point is it the statistics are consider to show that a wrong turn was made?
    http://forums.bistudio.com/showthrea...e-working-on-2!
    > 200 posts a month

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthrea...loper-Workshop
    Heading for < 20 posts in a month.

The last thing this community needs is a strangle-hold on people being creative and getting inspiration from others.
    At least put WIP in the thread title ffs.

Agreed.

I never endorsed the "oh look i´ve made a retex/prefab" posts in the former thread,
    but then again, at this point the whole boulevard´ish attitude has vanished from the new one.

Even though many will never understand the polycounting going on in it, the former was far more entertaining (& helpful for all polycounters around).

REALISM! No, fuck that, FIRE THE LASER!
    --> pls "like" my pic on alienwarearena, i need a new PC for ArmA3 <--

Quote Originally Posted by [APS]Gnat View Post
    So at what point is it the statistics are consider to show that a wrong turn was made?
    http://forums.bistudio.com/showthrea...e-working-on-2!
    > 200 posts a month

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthrea...loper-Workshop
    Heading for < 20 posts in a month.

The last thing this community needs is a strangle-hold on people being creative and getting inspiration from others.
    At least put WIP in the thread title ffs.
    I don't know if post rate is necessarily indicative of thread quality

The whole point of that change was to decrease the post rate. It was aimed to reduce the number of spammy posts and posts without any wip material being shown, and with no actual means of identifying what is wip and what is not. I specifically left WIP out of the titles of all of those threads to distance them from their predecessors. That thread was too high a burden on the moderators, which was told to me repeatedly by moderators when I was still just a user. This is an opinion that I now share as a moderator. Furthermore, that thread was replaced by three threads, not only that one. And, in addition to that, I think any statistical comparison in terms of post rate is totally impossible at this point, given that that WIP thread had years to get going while these ones have only had a few weeks. The first WIP thread's first post was also accompanied by artwork for people to comment on, which I chose not to include.

In sum, the lower post rate is indicative of the thread doing what it is supposed to be doing. People have got meaningful feedback, there has been no spammy garbage, and the moderator burden is very light. It is there if people wish to use it.

Please use the CWR2 CBT to help us provide a better experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    ... The whole point of that change was to decrease the post rate. .....
    Wow, if BI Forums was a product and you were a salesman, you just got sacked.

Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    The whole point of that change was to decrease the post rate.
    Seems to be a common theme lately, the new signup requirements are reportedly putting a lot of new folks off too...
    Quote Originally Posted by ***LeGeNDK1LLER*** View Post
    well you are 1 of the greatest examples that pressing the reply button doesn't mean necessarily answering.

Makes it sound like the People are here to serve the Moderators, instead of the other way around. (Like governments!! )

Personally I don't think it's bad trying to reduce noise when possible. I also know it can be annoying to create/have a thread with a specific intent/purpose, and it then time and time again being abused for the wrong things.
    Still - perhaps there should be two threads then - the heavily moderated workshop with a specific purpose in mind, and a separate thread for more common discussions / show of works etc.

Page 81 of 134 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591131 ... LastLast