Placebo

The Username Change/Merge Thread

Seeing as finally after 8 years we can now change people's usernames without uber hacking of the DB, here's the thread where you request your username be changed. If you just want one or more letters capitalising that's also fine :)

Please keep it simple, ie "Please change my name to Fred Bloggs".

If I can do the change with no problems then I'll do it and delete the post, if there's some problem for example you're requesting a username that already exists and it doesn't have 0 posts then I'll reply to the thread or PM you directly.

Check first to see if the username you're requesting already exists, if it does and it used to belong to you then you need to PM me the original Email address as proof of ownership, if it doesn't belong to you then you must come up with an alternative username, unless the account is old and has 0 posts in which case I can delete it and then rename you.

Please note there is no guarantee your username will be changed anytime soon, could be 5 mins, 5 hours, 5 days, as it's not the most important task we have by any means, please be patient :)

We do not delete existing accounts which have more than 0 posts! It is irrelevant if the account in question is inactive for years or not or if he has only 1 or 2 posts.

Edited by W0lle
  • Like 1

Is that possible ?

Yes, all you must do is praising Placebo. Keeper of the keys and powerful buttons. :notworthy:

I'd like to get a name change to "beta".

This username is already in use.

Please, before you request a name change check first if the desired username is free. Also use this offer responsible, and don't request a new username just for fun.

You do require the email address for the old account, and not just the old username when you merge accounts right ? ...or people could just search for inactive accounts and claim to have been here for ages. ;p

Yes unless I know the person or know their history, for example I knew DM was Deadmeat, but for old accounts I don't specifically know matchup with new accounts I'm comparing the two accounts and/or asking for proof in the form of the original Email address (assuming it's not also visible to other people in the form of MSN account etc).

Can someone (Placebo) with permissions (Placebo) and the needed knowledge (Placebo) reinstall my usertitle: Bavarian battlesmurf

or any other title you think that fits (behave Placebo).

Thx to anyone (Placebo) who is up for the job.

Placebo was happy to oblige ;)

Placebo says you're welcome.

Hi,

please change my name to: BlueFlight instead of Blue_Flight.

Thank you in advance :)

Belongs to a German chap who joined 2002, quite possibly you? If you PM me the Email address used in 2002 I can merge the accounts. ends with @moonstrikers.de

Heya Placebo, can you please change my nic to: 1976 basically just removing the [APS]

thanks in advance :)

Hi, Please change my name to The_Captain (merging with The_Captain2), my old handle on the BIS forums. I lost the domain name and the email attached to that account is inaccessible.

Thanks.

Hi, Please change my name to The_Captain (merging with The_Captain2), my old handle on the BIS forums. I lost the domain name and the email attached to that account is inaccessible.

Thanks.

You need to PM me the Email address attached to The_Captain as proof of ownership.

PM sent to Placebo.

Not received.

Can I have "Forum Pessimist" as my title? ;)

If it was your usertitle on the old forums then yes.

Hi Placebo can you change my Username from russianguy192 to Spetsnaz please :)

Check first to see if the username you're requesting already exists, if it does and it used to belong to you then you need to PM me the original Email address as proof of ownership, if it doesn't belong to you then you must come up with an alternative username, unless the account is old and has 0 posts in which case I can delete it and then rename you.

Nope, see above.

I would like mine changed from Taciturnus to Fenrir. Thanks in advance!

This one is already being used.

Great informative!yay:

Eh???

Like to chage mine to Trad78 please. Thanks Placebo

Already in use.