Page 7 of 82 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: New Forums: Feedback thread - Bugs/Suggestions here please.

1.   Click here to go to the next Developer post in this thread.   #61
    Author of the Thread
    Guests can now view threads again, so they shan't need to spend 2 minutes out of their busy lives signing up to the forums
    Please do not PM or Email me directly about your CD Key issues, follow the guidance in this thread instead.

1. once i read a thread in a subforum/section, all other threads in that section turn as read, even though i haven't touched those (firefox browser, haven't tested with another). This(BIS forums) is the only place out of all vB forums i am part of where is happens.

2. Can someone add some categories in the Social Groups (just like the moderator one just poped up). Groups such as Clan, League/Tournament, Mod team etc would be more than welcome - low priority though

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Placebo View Post
    Considering the increased bandwidth drain from various aspects of the new forums, such as avatar local hosting
    You could block the avatars etc. from guest users (For example, make a default theme that doesn't have any avatars or other images).

4.   Click here to go to the next Developer post in this thread.   #64
    Author of the Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Kegetys View Post
    You could block the avatars etc. from guest users (For example, make a default theme that doesn't have any avatars or other images).
    It doesn't change the fact that registered users uploading/viewing avatars as well as uploading/viewing social group images is all now based on our servers rather than external sites as it was before Ikonboard.

It doesn't change the fact that registered users uploading/viewing avatars as well as uploading/viewing social group images is all now based on our servers rather than external sites as it was before Ikonboard.
    He means make it that guests don't see users' avatars.

You should be able to do it yourself now?
    I should, but I'm not able to.

Working now, thank you drive through.
    Last edited by Opteryx; Apr 15 2009 at 15:53.

7.   Click here to go to the next Developer post in this thread.   #67
    Author of the Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadfast View Post
    He means make it that guests don't see users' avatars.
    Yes I know that's what he means. That option isn't there in Vbulletin however.
    Last edited by Placebo; Apr 15 2009 at 15:59.

8.   Click here to go to the next Developer post in this thread.   #68
    Author of the Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by pufu View Post
    1. once i read a thread in a subforum/section, all other threads in that section turn as read, even though i haven't touched those (firefox browser, haven't tested with another). This(BIS forums) is the only place out of all vB forums i am part of where is happens.

2. Can someone add some categories in the Social Groups (just like the moderator one just poped up). Groups such as Clan, League/Tournament, Mod team etc would be more than welcome - low priority though

1. Yeah I've noticed the same, it's annoying to have threads marked as read when you haven't visited them, will try to identify and fix the problem.

2. Clan is not a word we use here. I have however added Squad, Addon/Mod Team, Mission/Campaign Editing, is League/Tournament really required? I'm happy to add it if so but don't want to add too many for the sake of it

2. Clan is not a word we use here. I have however added Squad, Addon/Mod Team, Mission/Campaign Editing, is League/Tournament really required? I'm happy to add it if so but don't want to add too many for the sake of it
    he he - on the clan thingy
    there some 4-5 Leagues/Tournaments i am aware of just for ArmA. Not sure how many left for aging OFP now. I assume there will be more for AA2. So, is it really required..I am unsure, i'll let you decide it.

Thank you for the rest you made

Cool

Yes I know that's what he means. That option isn't there in Vbulletin however.
    You could, as Kegetys mentions, create a substyle of the Default Style, and edit the templates for Postbit and some others which include the avatars/signatures.
    However, I can only find options to select Styles per Forum, not per Usergroup or anything like it.
    Though I know there is an (free) extension available at vBulletin.org which allows configuring which usergroups have access to which Styles.

If you like, I can persue this and find out, or even write a custom solution. Should be a matter of minutes.
    (There are many interesting extensions btw. I suppose you guys got more things to do, but if you like I could lookup a selection matching your criteria?)

Page 7 of 82 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast