Placebo

New Forums: Feedback thread - Bugs/Suggestions here please.

Ever since I started doing my ARMA scripting with Poseidon rather than N++ my code gets totally jumbled when I paste it into a

formatting block.

The only thing I can think that's causing this is that the PHP formatting doesn't play well with the EOL format Poseidon (sublime text) is using. I'm not well versed on the matter but I believe the difference is that N++ was using a carriage return character followed by a next line character (aka \r\n as I know it). Whereas sublime text is only using the next line character.

I can tell you that [code] formatting doesn't break the newlines in the absence of a carriage return character. (Assuming that's the root cause of the issue, I can't verify it on my end, but it certainly seems that way)

It would be awesome if the 100kb image cap would be uped a bit.. like 300 - 500 would be enough, it is very frustrating for people who want to implement some cool looking pics in .png where the image then is just to big so it gets converted in some link instead of an image. I know, we could use .jpg but it is the evil and should die already - especially in 2014 where most of us have a good enough internet connection.

TL;DR set the 100kb image cap to 300-500 to make our lifes easier. thank you.

I registered for the forums in March as I wanted help with an Arma 3 script I was working on for a mission. Unfortunately I couldn't find a thread relating to my problem then and as such wanted to start a new one. That's when I realized I couldn't create threads. Can't remember all the things I tried back then, but I simply couldn't find a way to create new threads. I eventually solved my scripting problems and just ignored the whole thread issue for the time being.

Now I'm back with another problem I need help with, and I still don't have thread creating privileges. I haven't checked every single subforum, but it seems the inability to create new threads applies to the whole forums (I can't create threads in this subforum either).

Are there some rules stating prerequisites to be given privileges for creating threads that I have missed? Or is there an unwritten rule about it? Or is this a bug of some sort?

For the record, these are the privileges I have:

You may not post new threads

You may post replies

You may not post attachments

You may edit your posts

It would be awesome if the 100kb image cap would be uped a bit.. like 300 - 500 would be enough, it is very frustrating for people who want to implement some cool looking pics in .png where the image then is just to big so it gets converted in some link instead of an image. I know, we could use .jpg but it is the evil and should die already - especially in 2014 where most of us have a good enough internet connection.

TL;DR set the 100kb image cap to 300-500 to make our lifes easier. thank you.

THIS! This is the only forums in which you can't even post a gif unless it's microscopic.. C'mon BI, considering you offer cutting edge games, lets at least offer middle-low tech forum features :rolleyes:

Can't create threads in editing

@Kresjah you need more then 1 post to create a new thread, i think 5 posts are required before you can create your own thread,

i forget, suggest you just get involved with the forum and start replying to posts.

If you play the game and are building scripts for it, then take an interest what the community is doing, you would be surprised at how many new people you meet,

friends you make, and things you learn and can play with you never seen or knew about before. Just a thought.

@Kresjah you need more then 1 post to create a new thread, i think 5 posts are required before you can create your own thread,

i forget, suggest you just get involved with the forum and start replying to posts.

If you play the game and are building scripts for it, then take an interest what the community is doing, you would be surprised at how many new people you meet,

friends you make, and things you learn and can play with you never seen or knew about before. Just a thought.

Thanks for your reply. I can understand why they'd put in a limit (avoid spam and to some degree unserious thread creators), although it is a shame when you have something you actually want to ask about. Considering, understandably, that it is bad form and etiquette to hijack other people's threads in order to ask a question, I now have to find random stuff to reply to for the sake of getting enough points to create a thread so I can ask my actual question. On one hand, it deters people joining to create a single silly thread, but on the other hand it encourages post count bumping (at least initially).

Oh well, nothing I can do about that. To avoid derailing the thread, I might as well add a suggestion while I'm at it; making the thread creation prerequisite clearer in the rules. I read through the rules several times both when I created the account in March and the other day trying to find out why I couldn't create threads, but only found it today; at the very bottom of the rules, in a different looking "note" box. Even then, there is no clear indication as to how much active you have to be to transition from "new member" to "regular user". Some more clarification would go a long way, as the current system feels a bit off-putting.

I guess I'll just have to wait a few days hoping to find a few topics that I have something I can actually contribute with so I can finally ask my question. I'd rather not do the "hey! cool mod!!!11 bye" kinda posts.

Once again, thanks for your reply!

Introduction of new menu banner (which looks great BTW!) seems to have caused some bugs: picture. In tables all fields, drop-menus and selection boxes are misaligned. Browser is Opera 25.0.1614.50.

should be now much better ... keep reporting any oddities

should be now much better ... keep reporting any oddities

its toooo bright XD , now al we need is for our tipping point bug to be addressed!

I can't believe I haven't seen this thread before. Anyway, my suggestion would be to add 'hide spoiler' after you revealed it. I've seen this feature on bunch of other forums and it is very useful to fold text back so you don't have to scroll down fifty times trough some changelog or something just to get to the next post.

Otherwise, good work on the forums and other BI related websites.

Am I tripping, or these two profiles have the same username?

http://forums.bistudio.com/member.php?66294-Giallustio

http://forums.bistudio.com/member.php?248816-Giallustio

(How is this possible?)

The problem:

I'm trying to send a PM to the first profile, but it seems that the other one recieves it every time. (If I click on "Recipient Users", it directs me to the second profile.)

What's happening here?

---

Seems like someone fixed the issue.

Edited by Ferenczi

Spoiler tags are completely broken on iOS (tested both Safari and Chrome).

They don't open at all

Didnt spot earlier this bug thread, so bit repeat - the avatar and profile picture uploading seems broken. Getting upload fail message even the pic is right size/format (100x100 5,55kt jpg, 80x80 3,89kt...). Using internet exploder 11 on 64bit win7.

Edited by SaOk

Didnt spot earlier this bug thread, so bit repeat - the avatar and profile picture uploading seems broken. Getting upload fail message even the pic is right size/format (100x100 5,55kt jpg, 80x80 3,89kt...). Using internet exploder 11 on 64bit win7.

In Photoshop, try "Saving for Web". That tip saved me too.

I don't know if it's connected to SaOk's bug, but I can't see user avatars. There's also no forum avatar option under settings - only profile picture (these are two different things). SaOk's penguins and Dwarden's "bulldozer chopper" are visible, which makes me think that these are their profile pictures. Something went wrong when fixing the uploader, or maybe it was planned?

The avatar/profile upload started working for me, but yes not seeing other avatars anymore. Funny that only mine and Dwarden's are visible. Didnt meant to break the forum with my penguins. :D

Sorry for offtopic, but... Demonic Penguins of Death are coming! Run for your life! :)

we will look into that, there was BIF update recently

Seems I can't see any forum badges either, MANW included. Also, problems with avatars, as already reported. Lastly, is there any way I can lose my warning point? It was for a signature that was slightly oversized. Seems it comes up with every post now - the shame! :p

Seems I can't see any forum badges either, MANW included. Also, problems with avatars, as already reported. Lastly, is there any way I can lose my warning point? It was for a signature that was slightly oversized. Seems it comes up with every post now - the shame! :p

It seems that only you can see your own warning level. Which is great imo.