Placebo

New Forums: Feedback thread - Bugs/Suggestions here please.

as in marking forums as read only (did it 3 times now) doesn't remove the notification about the groups....and if i am sort of special, it is hardly my fault :p

i really don't know how to explain myself further though

Edited by PuFu

It appears that "Request a read receipt for this message" has been turned on by default for all PMs now, which imo is not necessary, and even a nuisance, unless you're actively trying to determine whether or not a poster has read your PM for whatever reason (permissions for example).

It appears that "Request a read receipt for this message" has been turned on by default for all PMs now, which imo is not necessary, and even a nuisance, unless you're actively trying to determine whether or not a poster has read your PM for whatever reason (permissions for example).

fixed

upcoming version of vB 4.1.11 has major improvements coming for the mobile design

Good to hear, thanks

Found a little problem with the Bohemia Interactive DARK skin. Some sections of the forum are dark text on the black background - ie click on somebody's name to have the dropdown menu with options like send private message etc, it's very dark text on black.

Screenshot:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/525/bohemiainteractivedarks.jpg/

new icon "GoTo my Last post" was added

also posting threads into social stuff via AddThis service added

that covers Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Reddit by default and rest 300+ by clicking on the orange +

social networking added (it's in profile and in postbit (left side from your post, see mine))

thread starter notification added too, so You always know who is original poster

multiple other features added

No more google adds ? Great !
You've seen google ads here on BI Forums??

You've seen google ads here on BI Forums??

Yep, at the bottom, but i couldn't say when they disappeared. And yes ads, not adds.

Congratulations to 76 for his epic 26 infraction points in 9 posts achievement!

And i thought they were hating me lol :D

PS: This post is meant to remind BI Mods that once upon a time, infraction and banning stuff was kept behind closed curtains ;)

No more google adds ? Great !

consider it temporary they may return, wasn't time to yet to re-add them

Is the search function going to be improved? Right now it's pretty useless because I can't exclude sub-forums consisting irrelevant search results.

Legislator;2109944']Is the search function going to be improved? Right now it's pretty useless because I can't exclude sub-forums consisting irrelevant search results.

I'd LOVE the new posts button to only get new posts from the forum you are in and any sub forums below it. So I could navigate to the Arma2 forum and wouldn't get the unbridled fuckwittery that is the offtopic forum and the whinging of the instant gratification generation in the Arma3 forum.

Wow. I may have ranted a bit there. :)

Legislator;2109944']Is the search function going to be improved? Right now it's pretty useless because I can't exclude sub-forums consisting irrelevant search results.

and another person who not figured there are two searches :)

Search Single Content Type h

ere You can select in Additional Options any sub-forum http://forums.bistudio.com/search.php?search_type=1

Search Multiple Contents

and that's not possible in this search http://forums.bistudio.com/search.php

Didn't read the thread (bedtime here :p), but I'm having problems while responding to texts, if I try to do copy & paste operations. I.e. trying to move a paragraph further down. On paste, the text often appears at the top.

This is on Opera browser, and I'm having the same kind of problems on Skyrim's wysiwyg reply editor. I'm guessing it's a problem deep in the part that these forums use though, not in the configuration and setup of it.

The forum layout is all messed up for me.

screenshot ? what skin?

screenshot ? what skin?

Bohemia Interactive skin

The forum was working fine last night dunno what changed.

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p140/Cammarquez06/Various%20screenshots/bisforumlayoutproblem.jpg

The Vb default skin seems to work I didn't even know you could change the skin.

I prefer the Bohemia Interactive color scheme though.

Edited by Flash Thunder

All seems normal here. I'm also using Firefox (10.0.2). Have you tried turning off AdBlock for this website? It might have blocked more then it should.

EDIT: Reference point - I got four blocked items on forums.bistudio.com. No custom filters.

Edited by colossus

ive notice the "thanks" icon is back? this feature returning? not sure it was a benefit. Also notice you can add to user reputation, what that for?

• Like 1

ive notice the "thanks" icon is back? this feature returning? not sure it was a benefit. Also notice you can add to user reputation, what that for?

consider it experiment ... gimmicks like these can be disabled anytime w/o affecting the forum usability

Where is it? I can't see it.

Where is it? I can't see it.

Disabled again :) ... it's subject for further decision ... was just testing performance / design issues