Placebo

New Forums: Feedback thread - Bugs/Suggestions here please.

It'd be nice to be able to have the forum format to not actually stretch to the size of my 30'' monitor.

Resize your browser window? :)

How do I add an icon to a social group I've created?

How do I add an icon to a social group I've created?

Have you read my reply to your profile message.

Edit your group and there you have an option "Edit Group Icon".

Size of the picture must be 200x200 px max. or 64kb.

I was just thinking that where it's blue, it could be red. Where it's light blue, it can be orange. Where it's white, it can be... white.

Quick suggestion, but it would be good to nip this one in the bud early:

On the old forum, it was visually very easy to see how many pages a thread contained. You'd see something like:

1, 2, 3, 61

With the new forum, we get:

1, 2, 3, Last Page

Huh? :huh: So are there 4 pages or 182 ?!? :huh2:

Now I know the replies are listed over to the right, but somehow it's just not the same as getting it at just a glance like before.

This might be true, but as soon as you are inside a thread the total amount of pages is shown both over the first and below the last post.

Go and check the ACE Mod thread for example.

Roger that Wolle... good thing there. :wink_o:

Sometimes though, the number of pages is useful in deciding whether or not to open up the thread in the first place. Plus it's kinda useless to have it say "Last Page" when it could be using that space to provide useful info. Anyhow, just imo.

In other news, these new emotions are a riot. Peace out. :slayer:

Just some weird stuff I noticed:

There is a "New Thread" button in this section at the bottom: http://forums.bistudio.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9

Same goes for ArmA, OFP and Carrier Command sections.

And it's not locked so anyone can start a topic there. Seems nobody has yet.

I suppose you also noticed the ArmA 2 News section isn't locked either, as an idiot already posted there.

Are there any plans to bring the old star / WL system accross to these forums?

Cheers Maddmatt, these forums will be locked asap :)

@bhaz

That's not meant seriously, no? You really want the old "5 warnings = ban" system back? :p

No we most probably stay with the current warnings system, it might just be adjusted sooner or lated and more infractions added.

Guess once done there will be announcement about the infractions, WLs and expiration dates.

There seems to be something odd with birthdates.

I went into my User CP -> Edit Your Details

In there, the month was blank for the birthday, however the day and year were correct. I changed the Month and saved it, which worked.

Not sure if this is going to cause any issues but it could be something to look into.

@bhaz

That's not meant seriously, no? You really want the old "5 warnings = ban" system back? :p

Actually I was serious. :p

It seemed to do a pretty good job in dealing with alot of the crap that happens on large forums such as this, especially flaming.

Actually I was serious. :p

It seemed to do a pretty good job in dealing with alot of the crap that happens on large forums such as this, especially flaming.

Vbulletin has its own functions (better ones) for warnings/actions....

EDIT: Glad you banned "bala" and his "nice" post with the "nice" links.... "Yo modaf*****" OMG

We use vBullentin also,

damned if I can find where/how to put a "back to top" link in, like the old forums here had.

Anyone?

I ask b/c I want it back here also.

• KeyBoard: HOME button
  • Mouse: Scroll all the way down, on the right-side down you see the button 'Top'. Click it

Hope this helps :)

It'd be nice to be able to have the forum format to not actually stretch to the size of my 30'' monitor.
Resize your browser window? :)

Hehe, yea but its just flat out annoying to have all these non anchored windows when it could easily be setup with a fixed width for much easier readability.

NP BB!

Hehe, yea but its just flat out annoying to have all these non anchored windows when it could easily be setup with a fixed width for much easier readability.

+1 here! (Also on 30" 2560x1600 :D though 1920x1200 is imo too wide too ;), 1280 seems to be great width for vB forums)

Simply an optional "Child of Default Style" with the width set to 1260 or so (for the 1280 guys - scrollbar) would be welcome.

Edited by Sickboy

Just realized that the forum is up. Thx for the hard work. Greeting from Gilli Trawangan/Indonesia :drinking2:

Are there any plans to bring the old star / WL system accross to these forums?

About stars it's answered here as for the WL system no it will not return as the new forums have far better ways for dealing with the trashy scum mongrel naughty people.

Edited by Placebo

Have you read my reply to your profile message

Haven't seen any reply.

Edit your group and there you have an option "Edit Group Icon".

Size of the picture must be 200x200 px max. or 64kb.

No such option available :/

PIC

Haven't seen any reply.

No such option available :/

PIC

First Create it, then the very next prompt after that what you posted, is giving you the option to do so...... :p :D

Less smileys. Specially the animated ones, which are up to 100 times bigger and 100 times more useless then the regular non-animated smileys.

Keep the banana though, please..? :pet5:

Less smileys. Specially the animated ones, which are up to 100 times bigger and 100 times more useless then the regular non-animated smileys.

Keep the banana though, please..? :pet5:

It's being worked on.