Placebo

New Forums: Feedback thread - Bugs/Suggestions here please.

You could, as Kegetys mentions, create a substyle of the Default Style, and edit the templates for Postbit and some others which include the avatars/signatures.

However, I can only find options to select Styles per Forum, not per Usergroup or anything like it.

Though I know there is an (free) extension available at vBulletin.org which allows configuring which usergroups have access to which Styles.

If you like, I can persue this and find out, or even write a custom solution. Should be a matter of minutes.

(There are many interesting extensions btw. I suppose you guys got more things to do, but if you like I could lookup a selection matching your criteria?)

Yes it can be hacked/scripted/coded whatever you want to call it in, however there's far more important things ahead of it that need resolving, some of which will also require mods/hacks/coding/scripting, if we start throwing in hacks all over the place we will very quickly end up with forums as stable as the ikonboard ones we left behind, thus I went with a simple option of disabling guests, personally I think this is a good solution and IMO if people cared enough to want to read the forums they should be signed up and logged in. However guest viewing is now restored so the issue is dead, time for everyone to find new things to complain about please :)

I'm sure it's been asked before, but are there any plans for a new theme for the site? Something along the lines of the one used in the Beta forum would look nicer and make the pages easier to read.

I am not the final authority on the theme matter by a long shot but if I recall the red theme that was used in the beta had issues, not least it certain aspects of the theme rendering text and other aspects unreadable or inaccessible.

That said I am sure if the important people have time they will consider alternative themes. :)

Woot! Quick reply works quickly!

Another small note, when you click the BI Military subforums link you get taken to a nice layout of both ArmA and ArmA2 forums, but I do have a bit of a problem with it, since both the sub sub forums(ie suggestions, general) are the same as the parent forums(ie arma, arma2) if there'd be a way to make it more seperate, like the blue container link thing you have for the Bi military games subforum. I hope you know what I mean, if not, then I'll do a picture diagram.

I'm sure it's been asked before, but are there any plans for a new theme for the site? Something along the lines of the one used in the Beta forum would look nicer and make the pages easier to read.

Visuals are being worked on, functionality is more important and thus ahead in the task list.

1. Add a thread for people requesting some old posts to be reformatted, when original author is not available to do that.
  2. If you have a mapping between old thread/post references and the new one, please

1. rewrite them at BIKI
    2. provide a redirect from www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard311/ikonboard.cgi/... to the same thread/post here

In any case, thank you for the new forum.

1. Add a thread for people requesting some old posts to be reformatted, when original author is not available to do that.
  2. If you have a mapping between old thread/post references and the new one, please

1. rewrite them at BIKI
    2. provide a redirect from www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard311/ikonboard.cgi/... to the same thread/post here

In any case, thank you for the new forum.

1. Can be done, I already started editing some threads. However the original author(s) should be contacted first.

2.1 might be the better solution as sooner or later the old forums are going offline permanently.

I'm not sure here, I still can rate threads.

We disabled tagging for regular users recently because some not-so-smart people thought they can use it for flaming comments. Possible that rating was disabled too by doing so. On purpose or by accident only Placebo can tell.

I disabled thread rating so as to avoid the abuse that new toys might get the same way that tags was being abused, it may be returned, can't see it as that important myself.

Just some weird stuff I noticed:

There is a "New Thread" button in this section at the bottom: http://forums.bistudio.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9

Same goes for ArmA, OFP and Carrier Command sections.

And it's not locked so anyone can start a topic there. Seems nobody has yet.

I suppose you also noticed the ArmA 2 News section isn't locked either, as an idiot already posted there.

Should all be fixed now, if you notice any I missed please let me know :)

Well, it is not a big problem at all, compared to that I've lost permission to post on these sub forums. Why?

Well, it is not a big problem at all, compared to that I've lost permission to post on these sub forums. Why?

Which forums can you not post in?

Should be fixed now?

Says at the bottom of the forum: