Sign in to follow this  
ardvarkdb

Multicam Special Forces

Lol @ The first picture.

Anyways, great units as always ardvarkdb. Love em'.

@Helping Hand

Probably just didn't paste the right texture onto the unit texture. Easy fix :-) As for the helmet with baseball cap, it's supposed to be that way. Just adding some variety (and I played too much Call of Duty 4). Thanks for noticing that stuff. I don't play arma that often these days so I don't notice most of this stuff.

As for the tan texture on the TAD hoodies, I agree they aren't perfect. It's hard to find the right colors in ARMA sometimes. I'll play around with it some more and if I find anything better I'll update them.

In regards to the dedicated marksman, I'll have to play around with some stuff. I have wanted to try making a better ghillie suit for arma for a while, but I'll have to see if I have time.

Let me know if you find any other bugs.

@Binkowski

Glad you like the units :)

Once I get back from my Aunts about lunch time I'll be doing some ArmA and some mission making so will have a better look at them. They're my favourite units right now so least I can do is help make them 'perfect' :-)

These units are great and keep getting better with each update. Thankyou so much, I've finally got some guys that look sweet on Razani!

Afew little things..

Is there anyway you could a specific 'silenced' SF group to the editor ?

Could you add a medic to the SF groups in the editor?

And...Have you tried your units with Aimpoints Desert weapons 1.2 ? Wow, so far they are best matched weapons/units I've seen. Any chance of a replacement config ?

Right, done...I'm not sure if these suggestions fall under being realistic, but from a gaming point of view I think it would make the units more 'practical'.

Anyways, Thankyou again for bringing these lovely units to our community!

Edited by Mark XIII

does the update include medics?

No, I did not add any medics, but you can easily add some by extracting the pbo and adding a few lines to the config file.

No, I did not add any medics, but you can easily add some by extracting the pbo and adding a few lines to the config file.

I tried doing that, by using PboView to extract the files, armaunbin to convert the config.bin into a .cpp and after adding the attendant = "true" line to one of the units re-binned it and repacked it using the same programs, but got a series of errors with weapons for the whole multicamsf bunch being missing after a \weapons\ and \tex\ error (seriously that's what it said.). Is there something obvious I did wrong?

Edited by All-a-Mort
Not, for once, being lazy

I...adding the attendant = "true" line ...Is there something obvious I did wrong?

It's

attendant = true;

(or attendant = 1; )

He got it working (we spoke over PM). He ended up using this method that I posted in the editing forum here

Are you trying to use these in Arma 2? If so, they won't work. Not yet, anyway.

The mod looks great! It's nice to see someone putting the Crye chassis in-game.

I only have one small criticism: The armor is too low on the chest. If you look at yourself with your shirt off in the mirror, the top of the plate is supposed to cover up to your "sternal notch" or the spot where your collarbones meet.

DSC00505.jpg

Otherwise, it looks perfect.

Thanks again for your work!