ardvarkdb

Multicam Special Forces

mcl1.jpg

mcl2.jpg

mcl3.jpg

One Piece

Multicam Special Foces by Ardvarkdb

Update to Version 1.2 10/02/09

Various soldiers wearing Multicam based off of Jonny's U.S. Special Forces models.There are 4 groups of soldiers which can be found under the West in the Editor: MulticamSF, Multicam Urban Ops, Multicam Spear and Multicam Assault.

Signed Addon for Multiplayer (not tested)

Now 38 soldiers in total!

Special thanks to Jonny for his excellent models and textures which I used as a base for these and Scubaman 3D for his help with modeling.

Changes in Version 1.2

-Added 8 new soldiers wearing spear jackets

-Fixed a few texture and normal map issues

-Optimized all models and removed unnecessary files

Changes in Version 1.1

-Added groups for all units to the editor. Found under West/MulticamSF

-Updated and fixed some more normal maps

-Added some special soldiers.

-Added Model.cfg file.

Additional Images

Captive

Team Leader

Pararescue

Infiltration

Patrol

New spear units

Download link

Mediafire

Armaholic

ArmedAssault.info

Edited by ardvarkdb
Update Addon to Version 1.2

Great units ardvarkdb i love them.

Very nice work ardvarkdb..They are really great:)

As I sit here and type this, I am wearing my MC hat and my ME Green TAD Ranger Hoodie I am tempted to put on my Comtac II's. This addon is AWESOME! Thank you! Now, when is the replacement pack hittin' the streets?

Great job on the units! I decided to do some editing because I felt that the units looked a bit too much alike with respect to camo, so I gave some of the units some coyote tan camo on their chest rigs/body armor.

aV1IlCKJ.jpg

aV1IpxGS.jpg

Edited by bugkill

Any chance of doing a comms type guy based on Johnnys SF Communications Sergeant?

Some photos suggest USAF Special Tactics Combat Controllers are wearing multicam, like this dude:

http://www2.afsoc.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123129326

It'd be nice to have a decent CCT guy with radio backpack or something to stick in with the ODA teams for handling air support.

Edited by All-a-Mort

i would love to see these in ACE

You should be able to use these in ACE, just disabled class hiding.

You should be able to use these in ACE, just disabled class hiding.

Yup. They work fine with ACE for me.

Rock on! Now we just need a Canadian LAV-25, Cougars, Leapords, and other vehicles to provide some real oomph.

From what I've seen in all the combat videos from Afghanistan, the Canadians seem to be overall the most professional. Very good discipline under fire doing proper fire and maneuver, alerting squadies to mag changes, good enemy location info sharing (range, direction, etc...) and following proper target aquisition and identification protocol. All in all, good show by the Canadians in some rather intense combat.

It's an honor to try and replicate such combat in ARmA. I hope that we can get a few more Canadian combat vets to assist perhaps in creating some good training missions within ArmA for those soldiers who don't have access to VBS2.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Updated to version 1.0. Adds new soldiers, replacement packs, and fixes some stuff. See first post for new download link.

mc_pr_ss.jpg

Full Size

Example of one of the new units added

Full Size

Ardvarkdb

Edited by ardvarkdb

Rock on! Now we just need a Canadian LAV-25, Cougars, Leapords, and other vehicles to provide some real oomph.

From what I've seen in all the combat videos from Afghanistan, the Canadians seem to be overall the most professional. Very good discipline under fire doing proper fire and maneuver, alerting squadies to mag changes, good enemy location info sharing (range, direction, etc...) and following proper target aquisition and identification protocol. All in all, good show by the Canadians in some rather intense combat.

It's an honor to try and replicate such combat in ARmA. I hope that we can get a few more Canadian combat vets to assist perhaps in creating some good training missions within ArmA for those soldiers who don't have access to VBS2.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

LOL now what does that have to to with multicam special forces? :bounce3:

Thanks again for inflorming us about the release :cool:

Release frontpaged at the Armaholic homepage.

3-animation.png

Multicam Special Foces v1.0

(Armaholic mirror was updated with the fixed version already, just not edited this post until now!!)

Edited by Guest

FYI I'm getting an error stating the files (.pbo and .txt) in the 1.0 download (both the original link and Armaholic's ones) are corrupt. I'm opening them using winrar.

Edited by All-a-Mort
Clarity

FYI I'm getting an error stating the files (.pbo and .txt) in the 1.0 download (both the original link and Armaholic's ones) are corrupt. I'm opening them using winrar.

Strange. I will re-upload to mediafire here shortly. Thanks for catching this.

Ardvarkdb

Edited by ardvarkdb

ArmedAssault.info Mirror and News:

4824375.gif

We have also added this release to your personal author profile

If a release or contact information is missing, feel free to drop a PM, it will then be added.

Updated to version 1.1. Download link updated in first post.

mcdg1.jpg

mcdg2.jpg

One Piece

Multicam SF 1.1, Afghan Village, ICP animations

ArmedAssault.info Mirror and News:

9236740.gif

We have also added this release to your personal author profile

If a release or contact information is missing, feel free to drop a PM, it will then be added.

Is there any chance of in a future update seeing a dedicated 'marksman' unit with a head and shoulders concealment / Ghillie?

Also the Tan for the Ranger Hoodies seems a bit off IMHO it should be slightly more yellowy and darker?

Looking forward to any future updates :-)

Edit:

66223417.th.jpg

62080676.th.jpg

Couple of thing's I've noticed whilst playing. Other two small things are on one of the TAD Hoody guys I was using at a certain angle you can see through the Hoody and out the back of the unit as if there is a hole there.

Still love using these guys even if I've just pointed out random things...

Edited by Helping_Hand