Sign in to follow this  
Nicholas Bell

Razani, N. Waziristan Map

Well, you could work only on A1 version. We - ArmA II users - are going to play on it not depending for what game it's made (thx for CAA1). And when your problems disappear you can port whole map to A2 and play with us. Lot of people will be happy seeing new versions of the map. So from me +1 for further improving this beatifull map.

Hi, i wasn't unable to run decently enough the ArmA2 Demo before, but after drop the Nvidia 8800GTS that i had and replace it for a Nvidia 285GTX, i can run the demo with a view distance of 3000m and everything on high + AA x16 - posprocessing; high or very high, with 27FPS acording to the Demo's benchmark, so you may not need a whole new computer at all nicky... only a Vcard with 1Gb of VRAM. But as i don't gonna buy the ArmA2 anyways... plz.. could you keep working on the ArmA version?. Let's C ya

I agree with Max!, I still use arma. Wouldn't ya know just last night I was creating yet another mission for myself on that other map.....whats it called....o yeah "Schmalfeden"?!

I must thank you for all of your hard work!, for it has given me countless hours of enjoyment! I'm downloading "Razani" atm. I can only hope you put in the rest of these idea's of yours!

Great Map, just awesome stuff !

Just 2 questions:

1. I use this map with CAA1 in ArmA2 and the Map dont has a preview picture like the other, or did i something wrong ?

2. The Map has no intro or menu movie like the others, correct ?

(i know its a beta but just have to ask )

I've been using this map in Arma 2 as well. It looks stunning! I hope you keep working on this and other maps.

@Wiggum

I don't get a preview picture in A2 either.

Any idea exactly what parts of CAA1 are needed to get this running in Arma 2?

I must be very late but anyone know how to get this running with arma 2? I have CAA1, and it simply crashes when I start the map.

This is the ArmA 1 section of the forums. try posting up in the "Converting ArmA 1 addons to ArmA 2" thread thats in the ArmA 2 section.

I'm new to Arma as of last year with Arma 3, but I recently found this map and wanted to thank Nicholas Bell for some really nice work, all those years ago. His profile doesn't look like he's active any more, but I think his map still stands out even today in Arma 3 for his use of ground cover and objects, and the layout of his highway and dirt road (which I saw in earlier pages pose no end of trouble for the AI).

I took a stroll down some slopes, and noticed how prevalent the hard and soft cover are, with rocks and bushes. Almost anywhere on the map, you can have some great (or frustrating) small scale engagements b/c of the availability of cover.

And while the AI may have trouble, I held an impromptu rally race across the map in first person, with a big dose of wipeouts on blind corners. Arma's engine is by no means a racing sim, but it was still plenty fun with a racing wheel. Now I just have to conceive of how to incorporate a player-only headlong drive down one of these roads against a scenario objective deadline.

Apologies if this constitutes zombie-thread revival. This map was worth mentioning again!