Sign in to follow this  
Alex72

Infinity: The Quest for Earth

{Dwarden's edit to correct game name}

This is promising looking MMO set in 10k future between stars

http://www.infinity-universe.com/Infinity/index.php

sidenote: very impressive showcase of procedural coding

{edit end}

I stumble up on an interesting thing when googeling. It is the world's massivness that just amazes me. Something for you to kill some time with and also get a bit blown away by a big game world...

It's a space game that is 1 year from alpha (as i understand it). And people will be able to fly around and explore space, land on any planet (it is so massive - this is what amazes me). And you can fight others if you want etc etc. Take a look at the small tech demo video and then check screens on the site. You thaught ArmA had a big streaming (non-loading) world?

whistle.gif

Dont take your eyes off the video until it ends...

Youtube:

Website (world screenshot section): http://www.infinity-universe.com/Infinit....catid=4

EDIT: Added another tech demo vid:

Just a fun thing to check and kill some time. wink_o.gif

Alex

I've seen this quite some time ago but didn't expect those guys keeping up the good work. Looks really promising smile_o.gif

i made the proper name of the game thread ...

it was discussed several times in past tho it seems the original threads were merged into some MMO threads

i follow I:TQFE since it appeared smile_o.gif

Awesome. Still I somehow don't think this will ever come out...

I remember watching the trailer for this. At the bit when it zoomed right out, I damn near had a nerdgasm. Looks extremely ambitious, if it ever comes out I am so getting it.

I've been kind of following this for the last 5 years, it seems to need a serious cash injection to be finished (or at least usable) any time soon. To be honest, I haven't seen 5 years worth of development in the latest video, unless all the work is game engine-centric. The actual rendering seems to be pretty much the same as it was 5 years ago.

Also, 5 years ago they released a video showing that those landscapes had a physics engine implemented, I remember seeing a number of spheres released to bounce & roll down a mountain. And also a space station with internal cities and parked spacecraft. I think it's going to be a long time coming guys :)

is something like eve online?

Guess the biggest difference is the infinite universe and the direct controls. That was the reason why I didn't bought Eve (after I finally got caught by the fourth try of the trial version) - you just point and click...

Edited by kavoven

I've heard that only 8 people are working on the project.

Is that true?