Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: Infinity: The Quest for Earth

I've been kind of following this for the last 5 years, it seems to need a serious cash injection to be finished (or at least usable) any time soon. To be honest, I haven't seen 5 years worth of development in the latest video, unless all the work is game engine-centric. The actual rendering seems to be pretty much the same as it was 5 years ago.

Also, 5 years ago they released a video showing that those landscapes had a physics engine implemented, I remember seeing a number of spheres released to bounce & roll down a mountain. And also a space station with internal cities and parked spacecraft. I think it's going to be a long time coming guys
    Fire And Smoke for ArmA2: JTD_FireAndSmoke v0.2

For better future effects addons, please vote for this ticket.

is something like eve online?

Guess the biggest difference is the infinite universe and the direct controls. That was the reason why I didn't bought Eve (after I finally got caught by the fourth try of the trial version) - you just point and click...
    Last edited by kavoven; May 4 2010 at 18:42.

I've heard that only 8 people are working on the project.
    Is that true?
    Gigabyte GA-P55A-UDP4 // I5-750@3.2Ghz // 2x G.Skill 2000 CL9 /2G // Asus 4890 1GB Voltage Tweaker // 2x HD WD1000EALS // Corsair HX750 // Thermalright Mux-120// CoolerMaster 690 // Win XP SP3 and Cat. 10.5 // Win 7 (64) and Cat 10.5

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12