Sign in to follow this  
Electricleash

Weapon on back or Conceal weapon Returning?

Has anyone seen whether or not the 'Weapon on Back' /conceal weapon/holster pistol etc. will be returning in ArmA2? I had a look through the vids but havent seen anything that might give us a clue on this.

E

In the ArmA 2 USMC trailer, there is one U.S. Marine walking with his rifle in a lowered "safe" stance, similar to ArmA 1.

Maybe this is it?

Well I think that was a sort of alternative to the sling on back that OFP had, which was fine, but it always seemed as if, for example, guards were ever alert... you wouldn't stand alert around a campfire or for relaxing in the barracks.

Thus when creating Stealthy missions, it just seemed that something was lacking when creeping past an already alert looking guard... instead of a guy on his cigarette break.

There didn't seem to be an option to have no weapon in your hands without actually dropping all your weapons altogether., and then there was no relaxed stance for pistols you were always pointing them at someone...

Re: pistols, I rememeber in OFP (introduced in Resistance I think) that when your rifle was on your back, you had an option in the action menu to equip or holster your pistol. I would love to see a pistol relax pose and maybe some more relaxed pose options (like sitting or saluting) like talking for example... what happened to that?

I bring this topic up in thinking about it's uses with regards to the 'insurgency' mentioned, and the fact that enemies might hide amongst the populace ready to pull a concealed weapon at a moments notice... or in the campaign as part of team Razor it wouldn't do in trying to win 'hearts and minds' to be wandering around with your weapon pointing in civilian faces!

...but then I guess it's an aesthetics detail I pick up on.

BIS should ditch that guy who came with this idea of having weapons relaxed like that  crazy_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

And I don't understand why they accepted the idea of pistol not having relaxed and safe animations crazy_o.gif

BIS should ditch that guy who came with this idea of having weapons relaxed like that  crazy_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

And I don't understand why they accepted the idea of pistol not having relaxed and safe animations  crazy_o.gif

I think having them the way they are in ArmA is a good idea but I would also like the option for them to have them on their backs.

In the OFP days people used to complain about patrols in combat zones either having to have their guns on their backs, which is unrealistic, or having them up at their shoulder, which wasn't very real looking either. I think they tried to fix that in ArmA but they also took out the gun on back option which I think should've stayed for another mode or something.

Yes its a fact:

We need back OFP1 holster on back for rifles and holster for pistols.

It was simply very very very odd in Arma1 that as soon as you removed your main gun, you automatically took out your pistol.

But not only was a hoster for pistol missing, no also a "safe-mode" for pistol.

i dunno I kind of like the Arma 1 way of walk safe with rifles infront, it looks much better smile_o.gif

A holster hand guns option would be really sweet though.  smile_o.gif

maybe holding it pointing down like cops do or just actually having it holstered to the side of the waist or something tounge2.gif

I don't mind the way you holster the weapon. Putting your gun on your back has it's advantages and disadvantages too, but I don't mind really. What frustrates me is the low speed you have when holstering the weapon. If I'd walk at that speed in real life, people would've thrown me into the old folks home.

Seriously, it removes the reason why a player would walk with his gun holstered because nobody can be arsed to move at that speed.

I don't mind the way you holster the weapon. Putting your gun on your back has it's advantages and disadvantages too, but I don't mind really. What frustrates me is the low speed you have when holstering the weapon. If I'd walk at that speed in real life, people would've thrown me into the old folks home.

Seriously, it removes the reason why a player would walk with his gun holstered because nobody can be arsed to move at that speed.

I actually find its a good stance to have. The first benefit is that it allows you to get closer to the wall because your gun doesn't stop you and also it makes you slightly taller so that you can look over shorter walls easier.