]WW4 Mission Pack 1.1

By R0adki11

=========

To contact me please feel to use the Bis Forums

or email me at roadkill@8bit-online.co.uk

VERSION HISTORY

===============

- Public Release

- Public Release, fixed missions as i was using the older beta 9, also have added a few more converted missions, will add a few more as i get them done.

INSTALLATION

============

Drop the neccessary pbo files in to your misson folder

REQUIRED ADDONS:

=================

- ww4 pack by Sanctuary

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*************Disclaimer:*******************

This is NOT an official Addon. Use it at your own risk.

You are free to distribute this addon under the condition that you keep it free.

Do not modify this addon without explicit permission of the original author.

This addon is for personal entertainmentonly, other uses are forbidden unless explicit permission has been given.

Download from

http://naf.8bit-online.co.uk/files/ofp/WW4missionpack.7z

Edited by R0adki11
Updated download link

Thanks, R0adki11! This is great, however, I've run into a problem (on two different computers w/ ww4 v.10 installed): whenever I try to open a mission, say, 'Steal the Car', the program drops back to the main menu. I've tested this with several of the missions (though, not all), with the same result for each. I have them in a folder named "ww4" in the Missions directory.

Any idea what might be wrong?

Thanks, again!

Quote[/b] ] addOns[]=

{

"WW4_Part2"

};

addOnsAuto[]=

{

"WW4_Part2"

};

This is why those missions don't work with the latest beta of WW4 and will not work with the future ones.

That in the mission.sqm addon section appear only if you are making a mission with ww4 beta9 , not beta10

In beta 10, there has been a big change to make the mod entirely modular (so you can remove troops you don't like or just use the troops in other mods by moving the various pbo)

This modularity was not possible in beta 9 and earlier.

the "WW4_part2" is placed there by the pbo named ww4_p2cfg.pbo , this pbo is only present in beta 9 , it does not exist anymore in beta 10.

So if you use beta 10 and has either "ww4_p2cfg.pbo" or "ww4_p1cfg.pbo "in your ww4 beta 10 addons folder, it means you forgot to delete the beta 9 and just overwrote it with beta 10, screwing up your mod totally.

So if it is the case, delete the ww4 mod folder, and just install the beta 10 one to have the latest version.

It is important to note that beta 9 and earlier are not recommend to use for mission making. Just forget about those old beta if you plan to make missions.

Use beta 10 or superior, always.

Beta 10 and superior will all use the same modularity system introduced in beta 10 only and so will be forward compatible.

Thanks, Sanc! You're right - I had been just copying over the folder. I'll get things set straight on my end, shortly.

I will check my own mod folder too, cause i have a feeling i have botched them too. whistle.gif

I have updated the mission pack, tested all of them they all should work, i will add more as i do them. Just redownload, use the link of the start of the topic smile_o.gif

It shouldn't be i overwrote the old zip file. I apologise it does seem to be the old file, i have just uploaded the new file.

Sorry again ive been away for a break for 4 days.

Just downloaded the files, the mission are apparently dated from the 8 february, but just opening the mission.sqm of Bomberman, i always see the wrong entry :

Quote[/b] ]class Mission

{

addOns[]=

{

"WW4_Part2"

};

addOnsAuto[]=

{

"WW4_Part2"

};

That will make the mission crash with the WW4 mod 1 and most of the ww4 beta anims with a version superior to 9

It works nicely now.

But notice as you have not adapted each units skill level or modified the amount of your squadmates to match the greater AI challenge of WW4, those missions are then much more difficult than their original BIS versions wink_o.gif

I will update a few of the missions with squad size and skill base when i do the next update, to make them more balanced. smile_o.gif

And will add new missions as i convert them smile_o.gif

Somehow I can't start any of your WW4 missions, kicks me back to game menu :/

I just played the Clean Sweep, and it worked perfectly, though very much more challenging than the BIs version, it was very interesting as it forces you to actually rethink your approaches instead of exploiting the weaknesses of the blind, deaf and slow to react original AI, as the ww4 one can actually hear you , see you and does not aim at you for 5/6 seconds before deciding to open fire.

I have not give a look yet to the other, but this one should work, or you downloaded the older of his pack (that indeed had a crash problem).

Try to redownload again, as Roadki11 updated his pack few hours ago.

doh clumsy me, I downloaded the older version. Nevermind I grabbed the proper stuff now and yeah missions are way challenging now and the diversity of units make them more interesting and believable which is another step towards real life counterparts.

Does the elite units like shadow ops, black ops hear and react better ?

No, i prefered to let this part up to the mission maker, instead of forcing it.

As by simply editing the properties of those soldiers, you can set the level of skill you want, so you can give the troops you want a higher skill (and so they hear/see/react better than units with lower skills) or a lower one (so they see/hear less/react slower).

This way in mission you can have incompetent shadow ops and very skilled guerilla if it suits your mission context wink_o.gif

Additionally, remember you can remove magazines from any troops and give them corresponding High Dispersion mags to increase the firefights durations or simulate even more lack of experience.

Quote[/b] ]Additionally, remember you can remove magazines from any troops and give them corresponding High Dispersion mags to increase the firefights durations or simulate even more lack of experience.

Yep, just like Borat said - I like when it lasts longer smile_o.gif but is there any quicker way to equip every unit with HD ammo ? Sometimes reseting unit Init fields and rewriting them again can be very time consuming especially when we have like 50 units to rearms.

An example, let's say you have lots of WW4 West units using a variation of the M4 (like tons of West Specops Riflemen, Grenadiers, Marksmen etc...) in your mission.

You look at the ammo class name in the WeaponClasses.txt file i provided with the WW3 mod release and you find that the regular M4 ammo class name is :

WW4_W556_30mag

and the HD version is

WW4_W556_30HDmag

Ingame create a trigger that is big enough to have all those M4-variant wielding units inside.

Set the Activation of the trigger to .. West

And at the line On Activation, copy paste the following :

{_x removeMagazines "WW4_W556_30mag"} foreach thislist; {_x addMagazine "WW4_W556_30HDmag"} foreach thislist;; {_x addMagazine "WW4_W556_30HDmag"} foreach thislist;; {_x addMagazine "WW4_W556_30HDmag"} foreach thislist;; {_x addMagazine "WW4_W556_30HDmag"} foreach thislist

The first part will remove every WW4_W556_30mag magazines of the West units that is inside the trigger, and the other parts will add 4 WW4_W556_30HDmag to each of those units.

So with a single code line like this inside of a trigger you can replace vast amount of units ammo by HD versions of them.

Of course when you remove and add magazines like this, you will need to reload , as your weapon is considered at first as empty, don't worry the AI knows this and will reload as soon as the mission begins.

-for those of you who don't know, copy/pasting can be used inside of the mission editor by pressing :

CTRL+C to copy what is selected (a line of code or an object)

CTRL+V to paste what you have copied (even lines of codes you copied from a text fril out of OFP)

This allow you to easily prepare your code lines, then with ALT-TAB out and in the editor, you can

easily copy/paste them without all the effort of having to type each words

Edited by Sanctuary

That's a handy idea about using triggers for change magazines, thanks smile_o.gif

In addition to HD ammunitions, you can tweak the skills without having to edit the skill tab of each units one by one, you have 2 possibilities :

You add a

{_x setskill X} foreach units group this

in the init line of each group leader (with X is the skill between 0 and 1)

Or you use the same kind of trigger as the ammo fom my previous post : by example you have several Resistance sided guerilla, insurgency and militias groups that you want to be completely untrained for your mission context.

Create a trigger that has all those insurgency/guerilla/militia units inside and set its condition to Resistance, then at the line On Activation, you use a

{_x setskill 0} foreach thislist

This will then set the skill level of every units that is Resistance sided and is inside of the trigger to have the lowest level of skill possible.

Just a note about the skill between 0 and 1

Be warned that the WW4 mod makes the AI more aware of its surrounding, and react quicker.

So a BIS default AI with skill 0.5 means a nearly blind, nearly deaf and slow to aim AI with skill 0.5

While a WW4 mod AI with 0.5 means an unit with good eyes, good ears and quick to aim with skill 0.5

That's entirely different, so 0.5 in WW4 will not result in an "average" difficulty AI like with BIS default settings, it will result in a "strong" AI.

Edited by Sanctuary

yea ive noticed that alot especially with many of the Bis missions i have converted some of the ai skills need dropping as now they can be quite a challenge to kill. crazy_o.gif

I don't know if anyone has already noticed, there is a small issue in Steal the Car mission:

no entry 'config.cpp/CfgWeapons.W556_30Bmag'

I donwloaded the latest ww4missionpack v.1.1 and used it with WW4mod1.

However, great work! smile_o.gif

yea ive noticed that alot especially with many of the Bis missions i have converted some of the ai skills need dropping as now they can be quite a challenge to kill.  crazy_o.gif

No ai dropping please...

And yes, that really impressed me: in the steal the car mission, after killing a couple of easterners I have entered a house next to me as to watch from the windows any other incoming enemies. Well, as soon as I have presumably been seen from outside, I have been shot down when still mounting the ladder...

A good AI performance would also be the use of granades by the AI when you are not directly seen from the enemy: that is when you get covered by walls and wait for the right moment to go out and ambush...During this time the enemy lays down and watch the horizon instead of dropping handgranades.

As ai dropping goes, i will try to balance the missions as best i can, rather than ai dropping i may add extra team members as appropriate.

I will have a look at Steal the Car mission. Also i have a variation of steal the car mission in the works:

"Steal the Helicopter"

I downloaded your mod and installed it right, but I don't see any new campaign. Am I missing something? Or does this mod just add new features to the original campaign?