Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: WW4 Mission Pack

It works nicely now.

But notice as you have not adapted each units skill level or modified the amount of your squadmates to match the greater AI challenge of WW4, those missions are then much more difficult than their original BIS versions

Author of the Thread
    I will update a few of the missions with squad size and skill base when i do the next update, to make them more balanced.

And will add new missions as i convert them

Quote Originally Posted by cleggy View Post
    ... hold on, what's that noise I hear? could it be the 'Mods Battle Wagon' fast approaching?

Master Gunnery Sergeant Sudayev's Avatar
    Somehow I can't start any of your WW4 missions, kicks me back to game menu :/
    Evil man make you kill me - Evil man make me kill you...
    Arma: Cold War Assault - Strong

I just played the Clean Sweep, and it worked perfectly, though very much more challenging than the BIs version, it was very interesting as it forces you to actually rethink your approaches instead of exploiting the weaknesses of the blind, deaf and slow to react original AI, as the ww4 one can actually hear you , see you and does not aim at you for 5/6 seconds before deciding to open fire.

I have not give a look yet to the other, but this one should work, or you downloaded the older of his pack (that indeed had a crash problem).

Try to redownload again, as Roadki11 updated his pack few hours ago.

doh clumsy me, I downloaded the older version. Nevermind I grabbed the proper stuff now and yeah missions are way challenging now and the diversity of units make them more interesting and believable which is another step towards real life counterparts.

Does the elite units like shadow ops, black ops hear and react better ?

No, i prefered to let this part up to the mission maker, instead of forcing it.

As by simply editing the properties of those soldiers, you can set the level of skill you want, so you can give the troops you want a higher skill (and so they hear/see/react better than units with lower skills) or a lower one (so they see/hear less/react slower).

This way in mission you can have incompetent shadow ops and very skilled guerilla if it suits your mission context

Additionally, remember you can remove magazines from any troops and give them corresponding High Dispersion mags to increase the firefights durations or simulate even more lack of experience.

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Additionally, remember you can remove magazines from any troops and give them corresponding High Dispersion mags to increase the firefights durations or simulate even more lack of experience.
    Yep, just like Borat said - I like when it lasts longer but is there any quicker way to equip every unit with HD ammo ? Sometimes reseting unit Init fields and rewriting them again can be very time consuming especially when we have like 50 units to rearms.

An example, let's say you have lots of WW4 West units using a variation of the M4 (like tons of West Specops Riflemen, Grenadiers, Marksmen etc...) in your mission.

You look at the ammo class name in the WeaponClasses.txt file i provided with the WW3 mod release and you find that the regular M4 ammo class name is :
    Code:
    WW4_W556_30mag
    and the HD version is
    Code:
    WW4_W556_30HDmag
    Ingame create a trigger that is big enough to have all those M4-variant wielding units inside.
    Set the Activation of the trigger to .. West
    And at the line On Activation, copy paste the following :
    Code:
    {_x removeMagazines "WW4_W556_30mag"} foreach thislist; {_x addMagazine "WW4_W556_30HDmag"} foreach thislist;; {_x addMagazine "WW4_W556_30HDmag"} foreach thislist;; {_x addMagazine "WW4_W556_30HDmag"} foreach thislist;; {_x addMagazine "WW4_W556_30HDmag"} foreach thislist
    The first part will remove every WW4_W556_30mag magazines of the West units that is inside the trigger, and the other parts will add 4 WW4_W556_30HDmag to each of those units.

So with a single code line like this inside of a trigger you can replace vast amount of units ammo by HD versions of them.

Of course when you remove and add magazines like this, you will need to reload , as your weapon is considered at first as empty, don't worry the AI knows this and will reload as soon as the mission begins.

-for those of you who don't know, copy/pasting can be used inside of the mission editor by pressing :
    CTRL+C to copy what is selected (a line of code or an object)
    CTRL+V to paste what you have copied (even lines of codes you copied from a text fril out of OFP)

This allow you to easily prepare your code lines, then with ALT-TAB out and in the editor, you can
    easily copy/paste them without all the effort of having to type each words
    Last edited by Sanctuary; May 2 2009 at 17:05.

Author of the Thread
    That's a handy idea about using triggers for change magazines, thanks

In addition to HD ammunitions, you can tweak the skills without having to edit the skill tab of each units one by one, you have 2 possibilities :
    You add a
    Code:
    {_x setskill X} foreach units group this
    in the init line of each group leader (with X is the skill between 0 and 1)

Or you use the same kind of trigger as the ammo fom my previous post : by example you have several Resistance sided guerilla, insurgency and militias groups that you want to be completely untrained for your mission context.

Create a trigger that has all those insurgency/guerilla/militia units inside and set its condition to Resistance, then at the line On Activation, you use a
    Code:
    {_x setskill 0} foreach thislist
    This will then set the skill level of every units that is Resistance sided and is inside of the trigger to have the lowest level of skill possible.

Just a note about the skill between 0 and 1

Be warned that the WW4 mod makes the AI more aware of its surrounding, and react quicker.

So a BIS default AI with skill 0.5 means a nearly blind, nearly deaf and slow to aim AI with skill 0.5
    While a WW4 mod AI with 0.5 means an unit with good eyes, good ears and quick to aim with skill 0.5

That's entirely different, so 0.5 in WW4 will not result in an "average" difficulty AI like with BIS default settings, it will result in a "strong" AI.
    Last edited by Sanctuary; May 2 2009 at 17:08.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast