Thread: CTD with an addon.

Unhappy

Hello.

I have a Crash to desktop (CTD) when I use an addon created by me.
    Well, this is weird, because I tested my addon in the same computer 1 week ago and it works fine, but now I binarized the addon and go to the ArmA editor, I put 1 soldier and my addon and about the half of the loading I get a CTD.

Between the last week and this one, I formated completely the computer, I tried 3 different version of ATI drivers, 2 different version of DirectX 9, I tried binarizing the addon and not and I ask to a friend who has a Nvidia VGA and he say me get the same trouble, a CTD.

Ahh, I'm using ArmA 1.14 + QG. I downloaded BI tools 1.14 from Armaholic.com and armedassault.info, I re-installed it but the same problem.
    Every addon than I pack I get a CTD when I tried to use them in the editor.

In the Arma.rpt I get this.
    <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">
    Exception code&#58; C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at 004544EE
    graphics&#58; ***D3D9, Device&#58; RADEON X550 *** ***, Driver&#58;ati2dvag.dll 6.14.10.6599
    resolution&#58; ***1024x768x32
    [/QUOTE]

Here is the source file and the binarized version.
    This is only for test, I made it only for a commander turret test.

Radeons crash, when using a texture that is not 2^x.

The RPT shows a texture 1024x768, which is not acceptable for a Radeon card. Check for a UI-pbo, because such a texture is usually included in a screenshot.

You may alter the resolution of this texture to 1024x1024 or 1024x512 to prevent the Radeon-crash.

Sergeant
    Author of the Thread
    I looked at the UI.pbo and I didn&#39;t see a texture with a format 1024x768.

Can you pack it and put on your mod folder and look if it works in your computer ?

If you pack it in the editor will be appear an pop up error but don&#39;t pay attention to that.

Sorry, I got confused about the crash report. It only shows the resolution ArmA is running ***

I have just tried the download. No crash in the buldozer, athough one section seems a bit odd in the skeletons:
    <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">
    &#34;OtocHlavenVelitele&#34;,&#34;OtocVelitele&#34 ;,
    &#34;&#34;,
    &#34;damageVez&#34;,&#34;OtocVez&#34;,[/QUOTE]

I think it should be:
    &#34;OtocHlavenVelitele&#34;,&#34;OtocVelitele&#34 ;,
    &#34;damageVez&#34;,&#34;OtocVez&#34;[/QUOTE]
    The binarization process shows no error...

But the game crashes, nevertheless. ***

:edit: I have removed the weapons / magazines and used an alternative definition for the tank. The crash is gone. Config.cpp and ***model.cfg uploaded to pastebin

Seems that something in your config causes the crash.