Sign in to follow this  
hueycat6

A little O2 help.

Well yeah i have alot of problems.

Ive got the optics textured and will skin it as soon as i can test it without these obvious problems.

This is my first attempt at modeling btw i usually just skin.

1. Why does the first person view show it still with the scope and bipod?

2. Whats up with the barrel pointing in 3rd person i thought model position in model form had no bearing on ingame position.

EDIT for all questions:

Thanks for your solution jackal.

In your third picture, see the window with the series of numbers etc? These are the LODs of the model (Levels of Detail). The lowest number is (usually) the model you see in third person, then the higher the number goes, the further away that model will be seen (hence having a lot less faces and points, as greater distance requires less detail to be there as it simply isn't seen and too many faces decrease performance). The reason the model still has a bipod and scope in 1st person is because you (probably) haven't edited the 'VIEW - PILOT' LOD which is the LOD you see in first person (when you are the "pilot" of the weapon). Simply double click on the VIEW - PILOT LOD, and remove the bipod etc.

To answer your second question, model positioning has EVERYTHING to do with ingame positioning. The way ArmA works is to give character models proxys, which are indicators used by the game that attach weapon models etc to the unit and then are incorporated into animations etc. These proxies are based on the weapon models position in relation to the center axis in O2 (where X, Y and Z are 0). Anyway, you'll be wanting to rotate that rifle back to the central position as it was originally else it will be showing very odd results like you currently have.

Perfect thanks!

I have every LOD modeled, positioned model perfectly. and re mapped it.

Again thanks for the help man.

arg sorry but 2 more small problems.

1. whats causing my bullets and shells to be so low?

2. How do i remove the perminant muzzle flash? will it go away after i apply texture?

1. The Memory LOD. There will be (at least should be) small vertices that tie into to key points on the rifle. Here is a quick run-down of some you may/may not see:

Quote[/b] ]usti hlavne - Barrel Muzzle

konec hlavne - Source direction of barrel (i.e. this is where the bullet starts, 'usti hlavne' is the bullets direction of travel).

nabojnicestart - The source of the ejected casings.

nabojniceend - The ejected casings' direction of travel.

eye - this is where the optic of the weapon is (your virtual eye), should be in line with the weapon's ironsights/optic at a reasonable distance.

Its important these points line up with the correct position on the weapon. If they've been incorrectly moved, simply right click on the View - Pilot LOD and select show in background. This will give you a yellow wire-frame overlay of the Pilot Lod allowing you to align the points correctly, far more easily than simply guessing or using trial and error.