sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment Public Release!

has any1 reported the fault of when u go to climb over a fence and u endup in the sea?

Edited by Penfolde

Hey, uh, so I remember doing something that would allow me to see other units/groups in the editor since ACE hides all of them. However, I can't remember what it was and the clientside_config.hpp edit isn't working. Any sort of help would be appreciated. Thanks. (And yes, I know I've posted the same question in this same thread :P)

******EDIT******

I have figured it out. Thanks.

Edited by LycanVS

Why would a soldier throw away all ammo without any indication? I'm using ACE Patch 9 and it happened in the middle of a firefight - I had 10 cartridges left and then suddenly I had none - later on I noticed all of them on the ground.

Also, can I change the visibility of the crosshair? It's displayed but it's so faint that I cannot see it. It's basically impossible to tell where I'm looking at. I have to strain my eyes to be able to tell where it is.

dose smoke block AI view in ACE mod? or do i need to use another script for that?

thanks

---------- Post added at 04:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 PM ----------

you can climb a fencs?

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 PM ----------

i was asking about equipment, in ArmA general thread, that can be added using RTE and how it can be best used, but it looks like this is an ACE mod question. will refrain from reposting heres the link:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=92702

xxbbcc, it never happened to me to drop the gear. Check the crosshair in my signature.

KCB, yes, smoke blocks AI view. AI cannot climb fences but you can run over obstacles with J key.

You need to script the inventory a bit if you want to add backpacks. But better put an ACE rucksack box for players and don't put it for AI, as it pretty much useless for them (well, they die anyway :) ) You may need to remove the backpack when they die too.

How does this mod effect Group link 3? Are some of the features found in GL3 found in ACE? Like suppression or AI tactics or group support? Im wondering whether I need GL3 or I can cut down on the amount of scripts running and save my self the performance hits.

How does this mod effect Group link 3? Are some of the features found in GL3 found in ACE? Like suppression or AI tactics or group support? Im wondering whether I need GL3 or I can cut down on the amount of scripts running and save my self the performance hits.

If I recall we discussed this in the GL3 thread for some time.(Maybe here too) It worked pretty damn well for me. SNKMAN released an XEH "bridge" config for GL3 to make it work with ACE. You can definitely turn of a bunch off GL3 stuff to cut PC load. I believe we discussed the best options at length in the GL3 thread as well. Can't really remember though, this is the first time I've been over in A1 section in a while. :)

Enjoy.

Hey guys... I'm trying to add the Switzerland mod I downloaded... all of its weapons and magazines to the rucksack system in ACE MOD.

However I am running into difficulty because I don't know what I'm supposed to do.

Am I able to make an all new config file that modifies the existing ace config files(arrays etc), or do I have to manually do all this right in the ace config file?

I need a little guidance on what I'm supposed to do. I have the instructions from the ace documentation, but it's very vague.

If anybody has added their weapons to be able to use the ace rucksack system, please let me know what you had to do.

EDIT: I figured it out.

Edited by Raziaar

I can't find the right server files to host a dedicated server of my own anywhere. All the ones on the defconservers page are the updater files it appears, without any full installs to be found. Is there anywhere you can grab the full file?

Thanks.

hey brothers!

someone can help me indicating where find for a manual or tutorial teaching all the gameplay possibilities of ACE

thanks!

Hi,

I found some bugs in Iraqi Republican Guard:

Officer Model have som strange molle stripes on his vest (rvmat)

Snipers and Pilot face's (not arabic)

Also Desert Republican Units, RG Spec ops and Saddam not working...

Regards,

Maza

Edited by maza94

Hello everybody! :)

I am using the impressive ACE-Mod for ARMA and - as many does - did some changes in the ace_sys_stamina.pbo and ace_anim_weaponsway.pbo. I don't delete those files, I only changed some values for my own purpose, because some of the ACE features (especially Stamina effects and weaponsway) are a bit overdriven in my opinion. Could this be responsable for the message <size "required addons/" not an array> or is this a message, which might appear on some more screens of other users?:confused:

Is there a way to get rid off this message? Problem is, I can play a campaign or mission without problems, but after saving and try to start the saved mission, this error message appears and I can't load the saved progress. Any help?

Only thing I found in the forums or google was this:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=71368&highlight=size+required+addons%2F+array

I have no clue, which argument is responsable for this message: the number of pbo's included in the ACE\Addons-folder stays the same, so could a changed value inside a pbo-file give the reason for this error-message?

Anyway, a great mod, but I like to have some changes for my own taste (like many others, I believe...)

Tks for reading and regards

Again in Republican Guard.

RPG Operator using RPK?

Post error

Edited by Snikt

Any links to download latest release of ACE? Those on Armaholics are dead.

Edit:

Ok, problem solved - I downloaded 1.08 and then 1.09 updater

Edited by west_vibe
solved

Solved :D

Edited by BangTail

I'm new to ACE and just decided to try it out.

In a mission, I get injured and can't move. There is a medic on my team, and some other teams have medics, but I can't order them to do anything, and nobody lifts a finger to help. I can't even commit suicide so that I could respawn. How do I deal with this situation?

deploying units with parachute while running the ACE mod for Arma 1 ...

i ve run into this problem after running the ACE mod on my pc

after the AI units jumped out of the plane ( using Mando scripts ) they fall down to the ground and die because they have NO chutes.

How can i make it possible for these AI units to get a chute???

Is it possible to assign it to em or something else???

thx for help m8s!

Hello gents im working on a Cae Flight medic script for choppers and i have a couple questions ..i was wondering if anyone of you guys that worked on ace if i could PM you some details with a couple questions ? promise i wont bug you to much :) thank you for your time

I decided to download this mod to enhance vanilla ArmA. Is there anything else I really need beyond ACE? It seems to be a jack of all trades..:P

EDIT: Oh! How do I get ACE to run when normally selecting ArmA? And how do I get it to work with Cold War Rearmed? The two modules seem separate.

Edited by Foffy

Well shit. I hope you didn't download the 3-year-old beta mod. Ask in the right thread, where they may deign to yell at you for not reading the instructions.

Which 3-year-old beta mod? I got both ACE and CWR off of Armaholic. And ACE needed an update.

That's with ArmA I, by the way.