Alpha 4 downloads on main page:
Another Gameplay video
The mod features:
- Well detailed mission environments. Most maps are very closely modeled to their real-life counterparts.
- Some of the best weapon models around.
- Close teamwork and squadplay
- An interesting and innovative voice chat method
- No HUD.
- Large maps (for the source engine, that is)
- An interesting movement system combing free-aim, climbing, 2 iron sight modes, and more.
- A real time "moral system." That affects your steadiness of aim, and perception, and your overall combat effectiveness. Killing enemies and sticking with your squad mates improves you moral, though seeing a teammate die, killing a teammate, being fired at, and "lone wolfing" will reduce moral. This system rewards intelligent playing, and punishes stupidity.
To avoid having to make an entirely new thread, I will just use the magic of quotes.
Originally Posted by [b
The mod is still in a semi-private alpha stage, not to mean that it is barely playable, because the opposite is true, it is very playable. it's just that as of now, the mod does not depict the overall ambitions of the developers, and much more is to come.
The community is still fairly small, and if you like the mod, don't hesitate to join the forums, newcomers, especially ArmA and OFP veterans, are very welcome.