Sign in to follow this  
catito14

Campania de Malvinas MOD

I made a quick little mission, nothing special:

Hasty Attack

A fictional mission about an Argentine Marine patrol encountering a British observation post west of Two Sisters in late May '82. The platoon commander decides to attack the seemingly lightly defended position.

Player's role: Rifleman

Singleplayer

Mission edited and tested with ArmA version 1.16

Intro: yes

Outro: yes (Outro loose, I did not finish the Win outro)

Required addons

Campania de Malvinas mod beta release obviously

No other addons are required

Supported languages

English

German

Spanish (my Spanish is quite bumpy, I'd be glad if any native speaker wants to correct my briefing, overview and stringtable)

Download

http://rapidshare.com/files/370037378/Hasty_Attack.MLV_PtoArgentino.pbo.html

http://www.speedshare.org/download.php?id=7159E62D11

Hello zwobot, thank you very much for the mission.

I wonder if you give us permission to include it in our mission pack, and if I get permission to amend previously to add all the weapons available on the ammo box and make a MP variant?

Thanks

LoRo, thank you for the reply to my mission. I'd feel honored if you would include the mission into your pack and make a MP variant like you suggested.

However I did not build the mission with MP compatibility in mind, I would need to MP test it first and change it.

I'd also appreciate if someone would check my Spanish translations in the stringtable.csv, briefing and overview before the mission will be included into an official pack.

LoRo, thank you for the reply to my mission. I'd feel honored if you would include the mission into your pack and make a MP variant like you suggested.

However I did not build the mission with MP compatibility in mind, I would need to MP test it first and change it.

I'd also appreciate if someone would check my Spanish translations in the stringtable.csv, briefing and overview before the mission will be included into an official pack.

Ok, no worry, I add in SP version only.

The aim is to test the weapons.

I'll see if any member of staff can translate the STRINGTABLE!

Thank you very much again!!!

We are about to release a beta of armored. I leave you the first images.

MLV_Armored:

LVTP-7 (VAO)

FV101 SCORPION

FV107 SCIMITAR

QEXOi.jpg

QF6MS.jpg

QF9h0.jpg

QEoTi.jpg

QEyRS.jpg

http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=TsQE7qi

http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=TsQENPJ

http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=TsQEIQr

http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=TsQEhoS

http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=TsQEcpA

regards

Thanks, but the Cockpit is from the A-4B, not from the A-4Q who have a different cockpit, also the A-4C have another cockpit.

This cockpits are made by the wonderfull people of the BANIDOS team of the Malvinas mod for SFP....specially Marcos "SUICIDAL", and the A-4 Original model was made by the amazing Col. Klink for the FLK team of OFP.

Kind Regards

The links on the Web Site are down. Plz upload Again. The Files on Armainfo are old

Where can I find the armour portion of the downloads for this mod?

Also does anyone have any aircraft for the period?

It is a shame that this collection was not finnished off, I was hoping for the level that they got to with OFP with ships and a few different maps.

Although that said the quality is very good. And the Map supplied allows for many missions, there were quite a few interesting battles in this area. including some special forces actions.

------------ not quite on topic for the question above------------

I know it is late in the existence of Arma but...

If anyone is interested I am working on annotating the map with map markers showing the features, troop movements & numbers + unit names, British and Argentine. and dates.

There is scope for a campaign here as a soldier in almost every british land battalion in 3Cdo brigade and the scots gaurds of 5th infantry Bde.

I would have enjoyed an argentine mission as the 5th marines, but with the AI it is quite difficult to script or force a fighting retreat. or to have a gallant last stand mission where you dont die, but loose anyway.

I am trying to work on the battle for Wireless Ridge, as from this position you can see tumbledown mountain to the south I may need to have either an actual battle there or at least some pyrotecnics simulating a battle happening on this postion for atmospherics and immersion.

Suggestions?

Kendo

Where can I find the armour portion of the downloads for this mod?

Hi Kendo, my english is bad...

I enclose the latest compiled beta

BETA DOWNLOAD:

beta.png

Date: 18-07-2011

Size: 550 mb

Content: Weapons Pack - Units Pack - Objects of the Islands - Puerto Argentino Map (Port Stanley) - Weapons Support - Vehicles Wheels - Armored tracked - Missions

Regards!

LoRo

your english is good enough to convey the messege I wanted to hear! Thank you, downloading now!

Kind Regrads

Kendo

P.s. Anyone else still interested in this mod and missions attaining to this mod?

is there a way to get this to play on Arma2 please

Hello Lightninguk!

We are thinking of starting a new development for next ArmA3...

(not official yet)

Regards!

long time no see m8 if it become official i help with any missions you need building

thank you very much for keeping your offer and to follow the project!

if we continue with the new project I will contact you!

Hi all friend of Campana Malvinas,

as you know 30 years have passed since the beginning of the Falklands / Malvinas war on 2nd April 1982, but sadly the community cannot find any addons / Mods for ArmAII.

In the past I cooperated with Flashpoint in the Falklands/Ofp and Campana Malvinas for ArmA making some research, beta testing, coordination of addons and missions making.

Surpirsingly if we would see again a mod related to the Falklands / Malvinas war, the needed addons already exists with other mods, and need just some improvements / retexturing and general file organisation, the worst issue should be the terrain (the islands) but again with the references of the addons/mods made for Ofp and ArmA (and the cooperation of an terrain maker), in a relatively short period we should have again this nice historical mod alive, after 30 years it's a shame that the old Ofp and ArmA modders haven't ported to AII the great job made previously.

Tell me please what do you think, I have just started looking for people interested in a mod for ArmAII, I'm looking for people able to retexturing and improving the already existing addons, in cooperation with the whole community.

Anyway thanks for reading this message, and keep on with your great work.

CimaleX

Anyway thanks for reading this message, and keep on with your great work.

CimaleX

CimaleX Hello, how are you?

I always remember his great mission of Mount Longdon!

I tell you, we are joining the staff, we are evaluating the possibility of starting a new project, this time for next ArmA3. not official yet.

In particular I think is not appropriate to do so at this point now to ARMA2.

But, as you comment, would be necessary to find an expert in the creation of land, a task that previously was in charge of @ NicholasBell, it is clear that I do an excellent job, not whether ARMA2 will be designing for today?

Comentame you think about the idea of thinking of a project to ArmA3?

regards

translated by google!

Hi LoRo, I'm well thanks.

What about the other team mates of the project ?

I would be happy to join the team for an ArmA3 project, but I would like also to play the Mod with AII that with all its options and improvements from ArmA it's a great game/simulation.

I guess that we will need a lot of time to have A3 tools as well as development for the mod (and the release date of the game is not sure), while porting some of the addons to A2 in my opinion should be quite easy.

Again the worst issue should be the island, but if anyone (eg. icebraker) could port the old Porto Argentino map to A2, most part of the hob is done.

I tried to play using CAA1 but the game crashes after an error message...

I wish to have a "lite Malvinas Mod" for ArmA2 for anyone who would not like the new game, and for who like me enjoyed ArmA2 very much.

What do you think ?

Cheers.

Hi Cimalex

Sending PM

regards

LoRo

Hi Lo Ro and all other friends of the mod.

Are you all right ?

I'm making some little but importants steps forward.

Please let me know what do you think.

I used to play this mod but had stopped as there was no updates after a while (thought it was unsupported now). If you guys are getting back together and remodding it or just playing then PM and I will join for a game :).

HAZ

Hi Kendo, my english is bad...

I enclose the latest compiled beta

BETA DOWNLOAD:

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/_hosted/malvinas/malvinas/desarrollo/beta.png

Date: 18-07-2011

Size: 550 mb

Content: Weapons Pack - Units Pack - Objects of the Islands - Puerto Argentino Map (Port Stanley) - Weapons Support - Vehicles Wheels - Armored tracked - Missions

Regards!

LoRo

If anybody has this would they consider uploading it?

It would be much appreciated!