Sign in to follow this  
catito14

Campania de Malvinas MOD

GREAT!

British in which side?

Blufor or Opor nener.gif

In the WEST side ...with the NATO forces. wink_o.gif

Kind Regards

They look pretty good, one little comment though. The Union Flag on the Para's shoulder I'm pretty sure at the time of the conflict they didnt wear flags, I'll have to look into it though.

They look pretty good, one little comment though. The Union Flag on the Para's shoulder I'm pretty sure at the time of the conflict they didnt wear flags, I'll have to look into it though.

You only wore flags when operating as part of a NATO

contingent. On the Falklands they weren't, so they didn't.

Not that there'd have been time to apply them even if they  

had been. 3 Cdo Bde were recalled in an emergency,

and quickly shipped down South, remember.

In any case, no insignia (except rank tabs and brassards)

was ever worn on the windproofs or the CWW parka.

Anyway, from the looks of these, an erroneous flag is the

very least of their problems. It has to be said that these are

pretty crude, even for OFP figures.

Thanks to all for your commentaries!. I remind that these units are in ALPHA stage and still they needs a lot of work, but it is very encouraging to see that for the present you like our work. smile_o.gif

With regard to the British flag in the arm of the Para's, we have enough bibliography and photos where they indicate that certain units were using it and others not, but ultimately we decide to include them.

In addition I want to be grateful for the photo of the Commandos Argentinos to NicholasBell for post it in the first one of the maps of the mod created by him.

It´s a shame that there are persons as "Col. Faulkner" that he is suffered by something that, by the way, we cannot understand and the only thing that they do is attack, but it is ok; if it makes his happiness, well for him.

Kind Regards

People, irregardless of your opinions on the Falklands/Malvinas/whatever, please don't drag this thread down into a mud slinging match because someone doesn't agree with your point of view.

It's a mod for a game, not real life. If you can't handle that, then don't bother posting. Col. Faulkner, that goes double for you.

Any further violations and PRs + WLs are going to get handed out.

I didn't "attack" anyone. I gave some useful information

about uniform (no flags; your sources are mistaken or else

using anachronistic data) and voiced an opinion on the

figures that I'm sure many share. If you post stuff here you

cannot complain when people honestly say what they think.

That I'm not interested in assisting this endeavour is my

prerogative. I have my reasons which I don't feel beholden to

further explain. I'd have thought they were clear from my

earlier post, in any case.

Please proceed to "PR" or "WL" me or whatever. I shan't be

bothering with this thread any further.

I didn't "attack" anyone. I gave some useful information

about uniform (no flags; your sources are mistaken or else

using anachronistic data) and voiced an opinion on the

figures that I'm sure many share. If you post stuff here you

cannot complain when people honestly say what they think.

The way you made your comment was not constructive, it was deliberately harsh and seemed rather bitter for some reason.

catito14 Please watch your filesizes.

Just wanted to give my support.. looks great.

Hope to see an island, some soldiers and vehicles and it will be my choice for multiplayer smile_o.gif

Take care..

Thanks to all for the comments. We´ll keep working forward.

Merry Xmas and a happy new year from all the MLV staff.

The way you made your comment was not constructive,

It was perhaps terse, but honest, and certainly not the worst I've

ever seen here.

it was deliberately harsh and seemed rather bitter for some reason.

You are mistaken. I resent the way I'm being singled out for reproach

here.

Let it go man. You're too valuable to this community so I'd hate to see you get in trouble for ticking off Placebo and the Moderators.

catito14,

Forgive me for asking this but I was just curious about the island. I tried to check your forums but I didn't see anything about it. Are you guys gonna make Falkland/Malvinas-type or try to create a certain section of the islands. (I say section because I'm assuming it's not quite feasible to create the entire terrain. Just a hunch.)

Just curious. If you guys don't know the final plans for the island yet or don't want to reveal too much yet, no pressure from me. I'm just excited to see a map of this type as I think it's a perfect place for an ArmA battle.

The way you made your comment was not constructive,

It was perhaps terse, but honest, and certainly not the worst I've

ever seen here.

it was deliberately harsh and seemed rather bitter for some reason.

You are mistaken. I resent the way I'm being singled out for reproach

here.

Quote[/b] ]Please proceed to "PR" or "WL" me or whatever. I shan't be

bothering with this thread any further.

I'd follow your own advice mate, why bother coming back into the thread, it seems to be an upsetting experience for you, and this being the time of good will to all.

Merry Christmas to all

Southy

Let it go man. You're too valuable to this community so I'd hate to see you get in trouble for ticking off Placebo and the Moderators.

catito14,

Forgive me for asking this but I was just curious about the island. I tried to check your forums but I didn't see anything about it. Are you guys gonna make Falkland/Malvinas-type or try to create a certain section of the islands. (I say section because I'm assuming it's not quite feasible to create the entire terrain. Just a hunch.)

Just curious. If you guys don't know the final plans for the island yet or don't want to reveal too much yet, no pressure from me. I'm just excited to see a map of this type as I think it's a perfect place for an ArmA battle.

Hi Manzilla, there is no problem for the question, in addition your question serves us to see that we have to add more information in the web site. tounge2.gif

With regard to the islands, we have thought to divide them in 3 big maps, similar to the idea that had " 1982 Flashpoint in the Falklands ", because we believe that hereby it is possible to obtain a major approximation to the reality.

For the present, NicholasBell taking charge of the creation of the first map in which it is going to be included: Pto Argentino/Stanley, the surrounding mounts to the city, Fitz Roy settlement, the old airport, etc.

Other 2 maps for the present that we have considered are going to be: Goose Green-Darwin and the other: San Carlos Settlement, San Carlos Port, with the nort part of the ISLAND GRAN MALVINA/WEST FALKLAND and the Isla Borbon/Pebble Island.

Soon NicholasBell will be posting new pics of the first map. As you know NicholasBell is one of the best creators of maps of the community, and you can be calm because the work that he realizes for the MLV MOD is EXCELLENT.  wink_o.gif

Kind Regards and Merry Xmas to all of you and your families!!

Col. Faulkner, catito14

Take your issues to PM please. smile_o.gif

catito14, would you please stop reporting every post Col. Faulkner is doing here? The report to moderator link is for reporting rules violations, not just because someone posting constructive feedback to your thread (and that's what he originally did, even though it was maybe a bit harsh).

There were 2 warnings from us moderators in this thread at in the past days, upon the 3rd warning we close here. Don't let it happen. wink_o.gif

Looking forward to this mod,  The Pictures look great, keep it up!  thumbs-up.gif

Great to see this mod back in full swing..... The Falklands conflict is probably the best conflict for Arma/OFp when you think about it....Islands, Infantry and light vehicles mostly.... I cannot wait! Plus it is a conflict that pits FAL variant vs. FAL variant (My favorite weapon) These guys are very nice indeed and have helped our mod out substantially. Great work guys!

LaMar

I for one cannot wait for a release of any of the addons. I am very excited and waiting for these addons/mod. As said before, This setting is perfect for Arma. This mod is my favorite of everything in Arma since the 1982 Flashpoint In The Falkls Mod for OFP. I surely am very anxious for this mod now. xmas_o.gif

this is one of the most exciting mods i have ever seen. love the units, weapons, and cant wait to see these guys in action.

keep it up!

Hi to everyone, sorry for the "silence of radio" but we are working hard in order to release the weapons pack with the units pack, also with a mission for test and a alpha/beta version of the first map "Puerto Argentino". (Besides, here in the Southern Hemisphere we are in time of summer vacations ). For now, here a new screens of the Puerto Argentino map, created by NicholasBell, with the buildings created by the "1982 Flashpoint in the Falklands" team and gave to us by the great CBFASI (amazing person too) i hope you like it:

puertoarg_f1_th.jpg

puertoarg_c1_th.jpg

puertoarg_d1_th.jpg

In the site are more screens.  wink_o.gif

Kind Regards

Wow that just looks amazing. I really like the atmosphere there because of those great buildings. Keep it up thumbs-up.gif

Lennard.