FunkyMan

How to get correct aspect ratio when in1920X1200

I got myself a 24" 16:10 LCD lately. As I love the big screen setting 1920X1200 in OFP is no problem. The game it´s old, so I was surprized it supported that high resolution. Guess the developers looked towards future back then in 2001!

Homever, when using this resolution it displays wrong aspect ratio. I am using 16:10, and I think it streches 1920X1200 from a 4:3 ratio or 5:4. Something I need to add to a shortcut or something to get the right ratio? I can homever live with the streched look, but just need to know if something can be done?

You can adjust the fov values in the userinfo.cfg file like this:

fovLeft=1.33333;

fovTop=0.750000;

See also this old forum topic.

Edit: Note this assumes you are running Resistance or/ OFP:Gold, not plain OFP, as this parameter was added in 1.82 version.

In ArmA there are also values like uiTopLeftX, uiTopLeftY, uiBottomRightX and uiBottomRightY, which can be used to control which part of the screen is used for UI, however I am not sure if they were already supported in OFP.

Nice to see some BI guys still walking down here in the [OFP part of the forum] cellar, which is becoming quite still and dusty...

We [the handfull of ofp modders left] are still haunting those pages...but for how long... goodnight.gif

• Like 1

You can adjust the fov values in the userinfo.cfg file like this:

fovLeft=1.33333;

fovTop=0.750000;

See also this old forum topic.

Edit: Note this assumes you are running Resistance or/ OFP:Gold, not plain OFP, as this parameter was added in 1.82 version.

In ArmA there are also values like uiTopLeftX, uiTopLeftY, uiBottomRightX and uiBottomRightY, which can be used to control which part of the screen is used for UI, however I am not sure if they were already supported in OFP.

I entered what you wrote in the userfile, but that was not correct aspect ratio. 1.333 is the aspect ratio og 4:3. I have 16:10 and 1.6 is the correct ratio for this. Also, by entering what you wrote gave me a very wrong strected image!

I entered this after some testing and it looks correct, but I am not sure:

fovTop=1.00000;

fovLeft=1.60000;

fovtop does what? I thought you only needed to enter one ratio like 1.6 like in all other games? 1920/1200=1.6.

EDIT: Sorry, I just read the old thread and this worked correctly for me:

fovTop=0.625000;

fovLeft=1.00000;

Thanx! Still loving OFP more than any other FPS game out there! Soon 8 years after release. Playing Bas Tonal now. The game looks beautyful on a 24" even with "old" graphics. DXDLL just makes it look better though!

I entered what you wrote in the userfile, but that was not correct aspect ratio. 1.333 is the aspect ratio og 4:3. I have 16:10 and 1.6 is the correct ratio for this. Also, by entering what you wrote gave me a very wrong strected image!

I entered this after some testing and it looks correct, but I am not sure:

fovTop=1.00000;

fovLeft=1.60000;

fovtop does what? I thought you only needed to enter one ratio like 1.6 like in all other games? 1920/1200=1.6.

EDIT: Sorry, I just read the old thread and this worked correctly for me:

fovTop=0.625000;

fovLeft=1.00000;

Aspect ratio is always fovLeft/fovTop. There are two values, because you control not only aspect by this, but also zoom (field of view) - which you do by controlling vertical and horizontal FOV separately.

By using values fovTop=0.625000 and fovLeft=1.00000 you are getting a picture with correct aspect (but the image is "lowered" compared to normal 4:3 experience. The values I have suggested were actually not for 16:10, but for 16:9. For 16:10 you could use fovTop=0.75 and fovLeft=1.2 to get the image which covers the same vertical height as the default settings, but provides a wider FOV (aspect is exactly 1.6 for such settings).

Feel free to decide yourself which you prefer - the settings are here for you.