Sign in to follow this  
TOTAL22

Warfare RBT and WACO

Hello all.

This is the first time posting a new topic, so please be easy on me if Im doing something wrong, like not following the topic rules or something like that.

Now, Ive got a suggestion here.

I think we've got two best modded warfare out there right now: Warfare RBT and WACO  thumbs-up.gif

I like the command center idea of RBT and I also like how the AIs fly aircrafts and filling up M113s with soldiers in WACO.

I want them both included in one file.

Is it any way possible for rundll.exe and Doomguy to work together and bring us the best warfare yet to be seen here? yay.gif

Or, if Doomguy or rundll.exe doesn't want to do it, then Im more than happy for someone else to try and do it not only for me but for the whole community.

I only wish I had all the skills needed to edit the missions my self  sad_o.gif

So what do you say community? Do you like the two warfare(RBT and WACO)?

and would you like to see the both warfares good bits included in one warfare?(I should've made a pool here hehe) biggrin_o.gif

Or just in worst case, am I talking rubbish here?

I want suggestions, new ideas and any criticisms are welcome too.

[EDIT]:

arma.isgreat.org has kindly provided us with a very nice warfare to start with.

Everyone should give this mission a try and report bug reports here.

Download link is currently down. We are looking for any mirrors available out there. help.gif

I agree I have been trying to do this myself but have hit a brick wall called loads of errors that keep coming up.

So if somebody else could merge these two great missions it would be fantastic.

I rather see a crcti warfare version. For me crcti is alot better made and less laggy and i like the way you can respawn any building when you die and either access the build menu by runing up to a building or using the command center.

Also has things like m113 and bmp support unit that you can rearm and heal at and buy wepons at which saves the hassle of having to buy a repair truck and ammo truck

Quote[/b] ]I have a few ideas.

Please feel free to give all the ideas you have here. wink_o.gif

I've created this new topic mainly for gathering ideas and prompt some creative people to discuss about creating an "all in one warfare". yay.gif

What I mean is that i can fix some issues etc, convert scripts and otherwise do some coding.  I made my own ground up cti and released warfare advanced.  I don't have a lot of time as I am regular force infantry though.

I was thinking of fixing what is there and reducing lag, if you can get me the latest build i can debug it, trim it down and send it back.   That could even make brit happy.

I should have read the previous post, i have merged missions before as well.  If you can get me the source i may be able to help you out.

I have features in warfare advanced that may help as well including much better body cleanup, ai  point sharing and equiping ai with custom loadouts.

IRT Boshart's looking for dynamic weather, I have scripts and can code it ground up. Need to start reducing the missions lag though

I am editing the waco warfare a bit with mando_console and some new units and want an dynamic weather in it ..badly

ow and have the team dialog in it also smile_o.gif

But if you can help me with the sweater ,that would be assome .

I made a version combining rbti 00085, WACO and my Warfare advanced

Features include rbti functionality, waco ai and my ai score sharing - you get points form ai.  Dolores bridge fixes, and individual loadouts per unit class to name a few.  Known bug, scaler bool issue on template prices for east, does not effect functionality.  Many other existing errors have been removed including 'missing content:warfare and other bugs.  Better unit deletion system and improved supply trucks

PS dynamic weather, while not in this vers is simple, it just needs a controlling serverside script and reactive clientside ones.  You can even get fancy and create zones with different weather of you want by using triggers and markers.

Brit, hope to play this on the server.

Quote[/b] ]I made a version combining rbti 00085, WACO and my Warfare advanced

Hello, look at this!

There can't be any better starting point for creating a new warfare then this one. Very nice quick job.

Thank you very much arma.isgreat.org  notworthy.gif

I'm going to try this warfare myself within a week and then we might find some points that can be improved on.

Also, if anyone else wants to try this new warfare, one should ask the nearest server admins to load this mission and gather bug infos to report it here.

BTW, if may I ask for a favor; it would be very nice to see Lite Sahrani 16 player version.

My personal server shows very sad fps readings when running warfare missions  sad_o.gif

Features include rbti functionality, waco ai and my ai score sharing - you get points form ai.  Dolores bridge fixes, and individual loadouts per unit class to name a few.  Known bug, scaler bool issue on template prices for east, does not effect functionality.  Many other existing errors have been removed including 'missing content:warfare and other bugs.  Better unit deletion system and improved supply trucks

[...]

That sounds great! Just what I was looking for, but unfortunately the link (in your sig) is 'dead'; it has been downloaded more than 10 times according to rapidshare...

do you have a new link or does anyone have a mirror, I'm dying to try this!! biggrin_o.gif

Hey guys, some great work going on inside here! I'll have a look at the stuff posted here soon. My job is taking up most of my energy at the moment, but I'll find some time soon I hope.

See ya,

Doomguy

Rapidshare account limit reached ... can you post again please as this sounds great !

[TAO] Kremator

There was an error with it anyways guys!

Woudn't work on server so when i un-pbo'd it -the .Ext and mission sqm was missing!

He did say he was gonna sort it tonight! smile_o.gif

is the wacco with or without the addons, if its without is it possible to make 1 with the addons ?

thank you

So what has Benny been up to?  [Revellion has not played ArmA in a long time, is AWOL, so RBT will become BE (Benny Edition)].

As it turns out, Benny's been busy on the game as always!

After people complained that the game can really lag badly in framerate the longer the game goes on, Benny has been hard at work at building it up from Warfare 1.1 again, streamlining everything.  I think thats fantastic news!

This is the Hotshots forum where you can talk directly to Benny yourself if you wish to collaborate on something.

http://www.hotshots.folkersma.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=39

This is the thread where Benny explains his new BE edition he is building from the ground up.

http://www.hotshots.folkersma.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1516

Edit/Added:

Boshart, because all 3 are related to the same server or mod (XR Server/RBT).

Weeks from now, these 3 threads will be scattered around this forum.  I just want to leave these links for anyone who wants to come to the forum to actually talk to Benny, the guy behind the RBT (and now called BE) versions. I'm not going to be posting here very much...

I still have some work to do on that mission I am combining, damn army keeps me busy, so I'll have it done ASAP. Which may mean a week or so. Gotta get it done before my life expectancy shortens.

Ducimus

My combined version is working, though the WACO parts were pretty much just done by me rather than importing the WACO code.

This link on my signature is new. PS there is a simple weather script included for anyone interested.

This link on my signature is new.  PS there is a simple weather script included for anyone interested.

Link not working ...

This file is neither allocated to a Premium Account, or a Collector's Account, and can therefore only be downloaded 10 times.

This limit is reached.'

..... needs to be re-up'd please.

[TAO] Kremator

PS Great work !

feel free to make an account on XR addon DB and upload it there. Its your source for any crCTI of Warfare file

Please not that benny did code the RBT mod, I just assist on distribution and information. As much as I would love to help coding, I simply lack the time.

Thanks a lot! I hope to try it some day this week, I'll post some feedback smile_o.gif