Sign in to follow this  
EricM

Latest ArmA2 & ArmA2:OA Press Coverage | NO discussion here!

A preview in english on a major site IGN :

http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/932/932227p1.html

Quote[/b] ]considering how few games have even managed to get within sniping distance of what Bohemia have achieved just goes to show how far ahead of the main force they still are. Perhaps, soon - finally - the virtual battlefield will be won.

Bigger trailer :

Bigger trailer

Eurogamer preview :

Eurogame preview

very nice. Bohemia seems to have made real good progress.

Big highlights for me include the AI taht works as ateam and uses cover , suppression and morale plus improved nearly everything i will certainly be buying arma2 and most importantly enjoying the experience a great deal.

come on BI it seems you almost have things spot on - best of luck and hard work for pulling it all together excellently this time!

look forward to more updates. smile_o.gif

Ah well,

Not much information there , but that "command interface" thing is interesting.

I wonder if that "Nato-Unit-Symbol" thing is just a "High Commander" dialog,

or if you can finally command subgroups , or in that case command some "Platoon(+)" team

From the little I think I can see in the screenshots/video , I hope they rethink the way the command bar works with vehicles still.

The OFP way of grouping guys in vehicles was much more user-friendly than the ArmA way of just sticking some icon next to a guy. But what do I know.

Cute idea with replacing the soldier symbols with the faces by the way.

Anyways, I am glad this is still progressing and I hope you guys at BIS can still cram a lot into this game , because it gotta do a lot gameplay wise. Best luck.

Good to receive some info on the current status of development. smile_o.gif

Now all that is needed for me, is to build an ArmA II capable rig. confused_o.gif

I can't belive this is Arma (2) !!

Looks like there is no as good team as BIS all over the world.

Community wanted new animations? Here they are.

Community wanted dragging wounded? Here it is + carrying.

Community wanted hand signals? Here they are.

Community wanted many things! Most of them are here.

Thanks BIS. The only thing I hope is that my PC will be enough good to operate with Shader Model 3.0 biggrin_o.gif

Don't want to troll, but...

Quote[/b] ]considering how few games have even managed to get within sniping distance of what Bohemia have achieved just goes to show how far ahead of the main force they still are. Perhaps, soon - finally - the virtual battlefield will be won.

+

Quote[/b] ]Community wanted new animations? Here they are.

I (part of the community) wanted working lasers, thermal scopes and maybe a new inventory system (based on weight like VBS2 instead of 1985 inventory style slots)....

Can't stress enough how important and usefull lasers and thermal scopes are. In real life and ingame. It would open an extra 8houres (darkness time) of pleasure and high-tech simulator fun.

Anyway, i can only hope for it. One day....hopefully before i die.

On the other hand, all sounds pretty promising about the AI related upgrade. Just hope it won't get to hard to last on the battlefield. But realisme for the win.

EDIT and maybe some more "trolling", but i wanted to check if Vultar took something.

->Check, but all depends how they 'feel ingame' if you understand.

->Check, i know you play MP, but how many times did you used the dragging and how many times did you see them get used. Imho a small thingy...nice.

->Check, but again time will have to tell how usefull they are and how handy (quick and easy) they are to be used. If it is linked to the current know commanding system i guess it won't be that much of a plus, instead of individual keys. In the end, for me it is only eyecandy, but my opinion.

->No comment tounge2.gif .

Quote[/b] ] What was an incidental byproduct of combat in ArmA is now a potential killer. Rounds whistling past your head or kicking-up dirt at your feet cause your crosshairs to wander and spread.
smile_o.gif  yay.gif

EDIT and maybe some more "trolling", but i wanted to check if Vultar took something.

->Check, but all depends how they 'feel ingame' if you understand.

->Check, i know you play MP, but how many times did you used the dragging and how many times did you see them get used. Imho a small thingy...nice.

->Check, but again time will have to tell how usefull they are and how handy (quick and easy) they are to be used. If it is linked to the current know commanding system i guess it won't be that much of a plus, instead of individual keys. In the end, for me it is only eyecandy, but my opinion.

->No comment  tounge2.gif .

Animations in Arma arent the best... The newest ones are really nice.

DaSquade, have you ever played MP with Revive script? It's the best thing that someone could ever make for arma's mp.

Dragging and carrying in Arma2 will work like this but way better visually.

Hand singals are not for 'being useful'... Those adds lots to atmosphere. But yes, they can be usefull in stealth missions wink_o.gif

When we were playing (today) I told you about thermal and lasers.. hope that this vid is enough for you.

SU-25 is Back! In the hanger behind the kamov when it is taking off.

Apparently we also get flashbangs maybe and a new way to throw grenades?

EDIT: And Ghillie Suits

Yup i played lots of mp missions with revive. It is indeed very good (if you work in team and teammate actually come revive you). I was just refurring to the drag, but i can understand it has its use...guess i should more often use it. Maybe if the 'to-be revived' player would suffer more untill he gets revived or been dragged out of the line of fire (beeing shot after the revive initiation -> full dead?). Meaning, the drag would be a must or something. Anyway, it doesn't take a way it is nice and might be handy smile_o.gif .

As for the lasers and thermal scopes: NO it isn't enough for me. It is VBS2 VTK footage. I have that, it is super...but like said, i dought it will ever make its 'port' to ArmA2. Somehow i can understand, but what i mean is...that is the 20th century tech. and a much these days. I understand it would take a lot, repeat a lot of extra work to make the thermal prints (textures). On the laser part, VBS2 has proven it is possible and if not mistaken it was actually very simple (..no need to go into detail). It isn't perfect, but it works....and no it isn't a fake beam, it actually works (meaning it doesn't clips thought stuff).

Ohwell...the game still isn't out goodnight.gif .

...and thermal scopes...

I belive Ivan Buchta told us, in the interview made by Jerry and Loki, that just porting the thermal imaging from VBS2 to ArmA2 isn't as easy as it sounds, if even possible without heavy modifications to the engine. Although he said, if I remember correctly, that they would attempt to make their own. And if the implementation goes flawlessly, it might turn out nearly as good as the thermal imaging in VBS2 VTK. But most likley not. If I interpreted Ivan correctly now, the worst case scenario would be that we end up with just Night Vision in different colors. But we can hope that they have made, or will make some progress developing this particular feature which results in atleast a basic sort of thermal imaging. smile_o.gif

more than 40 independent sounds per vehicle, from different parts of each engine to the sound of each wheel on a variety of surfaces, with each sound spatialised.

As an audioholic, I must say.. I'm impressed. I hope the same goes for weaponry. Good distance sounds will contribute enormously to the atmosphere of the game, especially in large scale battles. Just imagine hearing a massive battle taking place in a town ~700 metres away, in for example a CTI mission. The dull gunfire, the rumble from artilleries and explosives going off. Not including distance-sounds at all in a game of this scale should be considered a crime.

And by the way, that trailer is great! smile_o.gif

Edit: Rephrased some sentences and added some to clarify my point

I think that trailer beats all the ArmA 1 trailers for number of explosions biggrin_o.gif

You get a glimpse of the tank muzzleflash too whistle.gif

Yes its definitely THE Arma 2 trailer. I hope it gets spread around to different gaming websites.

really nice trailer and footage of Arma 2! Keep on the nice work Bis!

Can't wait to playing it!

Looks good, I barely wait. The blood effects look a little weird though. I'd prefer it if there is none or if it is at least very subtle.

EricM- Can you update the first post to include some of the information others provided?

2mcvjaw.png

if this stays i probably wont buy the game. i really hope they fix that. mad_o.gif

Well, from the videos and Pictures i see again: Unrealistic arcade play at its best...what a great pity! - such beautiful graphics, great improved sounds but still arcade.....

Lame radar and

"Tab-Fire-Tab-Fire-Tab-Fire-Tab-Fire-Tab-Fire".... 18 T90/M1A1 killed and battlefield cleared.... ohh my god...... icon_rolleyes.gif

Also disappointed to see no real damage spawned "broken-glass" texture at the point the bullet impacts - instead the old lame OFP1/Arma1 way with adding rvmats to entire windows as soon as certain damage is set...

arma_2_49.jpg

Where is the "simulation" part of Arma2? Nothing seen of it so far in all those text/pictures/videos.....

Time to write my "petition for realism" to BIS - at least for veteran-mode difficulty settings.

SU-25 is Back! In the hanger behind the kamov when it is taking off.

Apparently we also get flashbangs maybe and a new way to throw grenades?

EDIT: And Ghillie Suits

I saw that su-25 lurking there aswell smile_o.gif

Well, from the videos and Pictures i see again: Unrealistic arcade play at its best...what a great pity! - such beautiful graphics, great improved sounds but still arcade.....

Lame radar and

"Tab-Fire-Tab-Fire-Tab-Fire-Tab-Fire-Tab-Fire".... 18 T90/M1A1 killed and battlefield cleared.... ohh my god...... icon_rolleyes.gif

Also disappointed to see no real damage spawned "broken-glass" texture at the point the bullet impacts - instead the old lame OFP1/Arma1 way with adding rvmats to entire windows as soon as certain damage is set...

http://static.videogamer.com/videogamer/images/pc/arma_2/screens/arma_2_49.jpg

Where is the "simulation" part of Arma2? Nothing seen of it so far in all those text/pictures/videos.....

Time to write my "petition for realism" to BIS - at least for veteran-mode difficulty settings.

Its amazing how people are never pleased.

Far over hundred of vehicles, great new island, dozents of high quality troops etc etc

And what comes then?

Oh the glass doesnt break realistic.

Amazing.

And btw, maybe decide, few days ago you loved it, now you dislike it, few months ago you said you wont buy any other BIS product...