Page 1 of 582 123451151101501 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: Latest ArmA2 & ArmA2:OA Press Coverage | NO discussion here!

Latest ArmA2 & ArmA2:OA Press Coverage | NO discussion here!

A preview in english on a major site IGN :

http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/932/932227p1.html

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]considering how few games have even managed to get within sniping distance of what Bohemia have achieved just goes to show how far ahead of the main force they still are. Perhaps, soon - finally - the virtual battlefield will be won.
    Bigger trailer :

Bigger trailer

Eurogamer preview :
    Eurogame preview

very nice. Bohemia seems to have made real good progress.

Big highlights for me include the AI taht works as ateam and uses cover , suppression and morale plus improved nearly everything i will certainly be buying arma2 and most importantly enjoying the experience a great deal.

come on BI it seems you almost have things spot on - best of luck and hard work for pulling it all together excellently this time!

look forward to more updates.

Ah well,

Not much information there , but that "command interface" thing is interesting.
    I wonder if that "Nato-Unit-Symbol" thing is just a "High Commander" dialog,
    or if you can finally command subgroups , or in that case command some "Platoon(+)" team

From the little I think I can see in the screenshots/video , I hope they rethink the way the command bar works with vehicles still.
    The OFP way of grouping guys in vehicles was much more user-friendly than the ArmA way of just sticking some icon next to a guy. But what do I know.

Cute idea with replacing the soldier symbols with the faces by the way.

Anyways, I am glad this is still progressing and I hope you guys at BIS can still cram a lot into this game , because it gotta do a lot gameplay wise. Best luck.

See better here - for greater format:

http://pc.ign.com/dor....08.html

Daß die Schwachen überleben ist eine Laune der Starken !

Warrant Officer
    Good to receive some info on the current status of development.
    Now all that is needed for me, is to build an ArmA II capable rig.
    MB: Gigabyte GA-MA770-UD3 - CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 945 - RAM: Corsair XMS 8GB DDR2 RAM-800 MHZ - Video: EVGA GTX 660 TI SC 3GB - Sound: Asus Xonar DX PCI Express 7.1 Audio Card - OS: Win7 Home Premium 64 BIT
    Buy the Games you play.
    This should be the minimum support and respect to the Developers work.

I can't belive this is Arma (2) !!
    Looks like there is no as good team as BIS all over the world.
    Community wanted new animations? Here they are.
    Community wanted dragging wounded? Here it is + carrying.
    Community wanted hand signals? Here they are.
    Community wanted many things! Most of them are here.
    Thanks BIS. The only thing I hope is that my PC will be enough good to operate with Shader Model 3.0

Master Gunnery Sergeant DaSquade's Avatar
    Don't want to troll, but...
    Quote[/b] ]considering how few games have even managed to get within sniping distance of what Bohemia have achieved just goes to show how far ahead of the main force they still are. Perhaps, soon - finally - the virtual battlefield will be won.
    +
    Quote[/b] ]Community wanted new animations? Here they are.
    I (part of the community) wanted working lasers, thermal scopes and maybe a new inventory system (based on weight like VBS2 instead of 1985 inventory style slots)....
    Can't stress enough how important and usefull lasers and thermal scopes are. In real life and ingame. It would open an extra 8houres (darkness time) of pleasure and high-tech simulator fun.

Anyway, i can only hope for it. One day....hopefully before i die.
    On the other hand, all sounds pretty promising about the AI related upgrade. Just hope it won't get to hard to last on the battlefield. But realisme for the win.

EDIT and maybe some more "trolling", but i wanted to check if Vultar took something.
    Community wanted new animations? Here they are.
    ->Check, but all depends how they 'feel ingame' if you understand.
    ->Check, i know you play MP, but how many times did you used the dragging and how many times did you see them get used. Imho a small thingy...nice.
    ->Check, but again time will have to tell how usefull they are and how handy (quick and easy) they are to be used. If it is linked to the current know commanding system i guess it won't be that much of a plus, instead of individual keys. In the end, for me it is only eyecandy, but my opinion.
    ->No comment .

Quote[/b] ] What was an incidental byproduct of combat in ArmA is now a potential killer. Rounds whistling past your head or kicking-up dirt at your feet cause your crosshairs to wander and spread.

Page 1 of 582 123451151101501 ... LastLast