Sign in to follow this  
Aqu

Howto make an unmanned vehicle threat to AI?

I have tryed to make an unmanned vehicle (kind of a cruise missile) so that it is considered a threat to the enemy AI. That is in a way that AI shoots at the vehicle. It seems the vehicle needs to manned (and also looks like needs to have a driver/pilot).

When you create an unmanned vehicle it is neutral and after putting there a soldier it turns to green or red. It stays in this color even after it gets unmanned again, but that doesn't make AI attack it. It seems it is only based on the manning crew side and is it alive.

So far what I have tryed:

- putting a 'zombie' driver -> doesn't work, because it interferes the 'autopilot'. (i.e.  driver vehicle disableAI "MOVE", ....)

- kill the zombie driver -> doesn't work because AI stops shooting the vehicle after that.

- putting some other crew member than driver/pilot (e.g. gunner) -> doesn't seem to work in planes

Also it would be good if nobody can see anybody boarding or ejecting the plane. IF you kill the pilot, the rest want to eject.

Any more ideas?

What about moving a "Gamelogic" into a hidden cargo position? I am not sure if you can set the side of a Gamelogic however, so this may not be accomplishable. I seem to remember mission makers adding Gamelogics into driver slots to keep the headlights on for "abandoned" cars in certain OFP missions, so this might work for ArmA, provided of course you can set the side of the Gamelogic to allow it to be detected as Hostile by the AI. However, this would need to be done on a per-mission basis, and if you're trying to create an addon that is automatically a threat to enemies, this could become an issue.

Edited for improved clarity

Thanks for the suggestion.

I tryed all sort of combination with logic last night. I was able to put logic into the crew parameter of the vehicle config (crew="Logic"). The vehicle was set to Opfor side and it indeed was shown and recognised by bluefor as an enemy.

Bad thing was that it behaved in many sense like a true pilot messing up the scripted autopilot (or actually I don't know which one gets messed up - the pilot or the autopilot, but it ends into vertical dive or heads into some wrong direction). It can even eject. I haven't been able to put any other crew position into a 'plane' class without first making a turret into it for the other crew member. But that doesn't mater since AI doesn't seem to care so much other crew members in a plane class.

Pretty frustrating, but maybe I have to leave it unmanned. I doubt would AI be even able to hit it. A small object going fast at low altitude means little time for AA guns to track it.

EDIT: Now I managed to make it work. The the problem I had was "ejectDamageLimit=1.0" didn't seem to stop them from ejecting. It was fixed either by when set it to 0.99 or that I added "ejectSpeed[] = {0,0,0};". The crew is now 1 logic gunner in an invisible turret.