Sign in to follow this  
.kju

'Black edges' from texture merging

gday smile_o.gif

its a bit hard to describe.

So best check a screen yourself and see the black edges from

the tree textures of trees at distance.

06.jpg

The problem appeared after merging textures via pantool or textview (ofp version). I cannot remember myself. I can ask if

thats important.

Thats the texture itself:

ace_res_vege.7z

Any help, suggestion and support is very much appreciated!

best regards

.kju

Mipmapping.

It seems the original author allowed some tiling of texture when they were separate because the area on the sides was zero alpha anyways so that didn't matter.

The problem is you now have green pixels just next to the space on texture where your faces are mapped. On further mipmaps the colors are avaraged and you get green in those places.

I think the best fix would be to edit the models so that the faces are fitting the texture more tight (select a face, use "background from face", then create a smaller face that fits the texture and map it using this background mapping).

The textures have enoughth spacings inbetween on your sheet to handle mipmapping well.

As a sidenote: pac textures are no longer used in ArmA (and for example I didn't menage to get material to work on them). We now use _CO.paa for the same effect, perhabs the mipmapping is done better or compression is superior.

I don't think it is the cause, but there is no reason to use the obsolete extension.

Alternatively, try painting the Mip Maps yourself. I haven't done this, but the "real" game developers hardly ever let automatically generated mip-maps remain untouched up. Just open them up in photoshop with the mip maps, and then paint some thicker edges, make the color more blocky. Might be worth a shot and quick hit, otherwise you'll have too look at UV layout as per the above poster's comment.