Sign in to follow this  
TankCommander

O2 export to .obj

In a previous version of O2 there was the ability to export a model to several different formats such as .OBJ. I need this in order to manipulate UV's within Maya and was wondering if anyone knew what version or plugin is needed to get this done?

I've checked as many as I could but had no luck. Thanks

Hi mate, you need the earlier release of Oxygen. The earlier release allowed the export of *.obj files. I managed to find it for download at several places, if I can find the link I will post it here.

Thanx icemotoboy. I found one called 'releaseCanditate 2' but it can only export .3ds files so I hope you have better luck finding a good version huh.gif

I just tested it out on one of BIS's p3ds from ArmA, and it didn't work. Maybe someone else will have more luck, but I think that that tool is for the old style p3d.

Quote[/b] ]Hi mate, you need the earlier release of Oxygen. The earlier release allowed the export of *.obj files.

Afaik there was never an option to export to obj. But could be wrong....

I always use "P3D2OBJ" tool witch Col. Faulkner recently linked.

You indeed need to save the p3d first as 'old p3d', this is possible with one of the earlier released O2 candidate versions.

Not sure if this is all what you are looking for as,

you loose all your named selections afaik and i was never able to import the uv info of the p3d files into the obj file.

You might need to check one of synides tools regarding the p3d to modo.

right, there wasn't an export to obj, only 3ds.

And yeah, I think you loose UV info also when you export as old p3d and then to obj. You loose it at the old p3d-to-obj step.