Sign in to follow this  
armatech

Carry case animation

hi im building command control box for my predator mod and i need a way to carry the case in the units hands i tryed creating the case as a gun but then animation is useless.

Is there a way to change then stock gun animations so that a unit can carry the case in arma.

Why you dont let the unit carry the box on the back? like a backpack. Just some idea icon_rolleyes.gif

Thats all well and good when your not useing it but as soon as you select it it holds it like a gun and this just dont look very

Put it on the ground infront of you and use ammo crate anim?

IMG i don't think you understand the question. I already have all the dialogs and commands added to the box and its animated and all that jargon my issue is how to create a custom weapon holding animation so that i can run with the box in my hand then drop it when i wont to use it i may just do a simple work around but creating the box from a Humvee when the talon is unloaded then remove the box if the Humvee is moved or the talon is loaded but i would prefer that i could carry it visually on the unit rather then hidden in the inventory. I have had it working with setpos but its to unrealistic and for lack of a better word "GAY".

So to sum up what I'm looking for is a weapon holding animation that the units arm is down by his/her side