Sign in to follow this  
loki

Lords of the Night - Mission 1

greetings,

here is the first mission from the Lords of the Night MP campaign from the LN Mission House.

Mission Objective: destroy the enemy's new weapon.

scalartowersmbx5.jpg

here's a video.. i hate typing.. :P

http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=456yesJp1Gc

thanks to SpetsNazCU for making this video

Title: Mission 1

Mission Version: 1.0

Author: LN Mission House

Release date: 24th of October 2008

Game (version): ArmA 1.14

Gametype: COOP 4-8

Addons required:

Queens Gambit

CAR Weapons Pack

here

V22 Osprey

here

ebu socom

here

Mission Design and build:

loki      

Scripting:

Ionos          

loki

Norrin

Spooner

Briefing/Overview:

loki

savedbygrace

BetaTesters:

i0n0s

loki

randy

savedbygrace

SpetznazCU

download here: http://www.ofpec.com/forum/index.php?topic=32452.0

i also released that towers as stand alone.. so others can have fun with them.

http://www.ofpec.com/forum/index.php?topic=32461.0

@Loki

I had really fun playing it SP in MP...he he with alle teammates being AI's. Although it's hard to finish because of the big numer of enemies (I alone killed 132, using a BMP) I still lost....

It is really cool to see this Atomic Towers in action and especialy after blowing them up.

However there are some suggestion I would like to make.

- make a insertion cutscene or better a start the mission with the players being inserted via fast rope!! to the small island on the west and drop a zodiac from the chopper to get into the AO. This would enhance the immersion!

- or as an alternative use SPON_Scuba to insert combat divers (ADO) into the area of operation.

- The Towers should be defended better with more walls or wire and guards.

- Reduce the amount of enemy units...It's overdone a little bit IMHO, and because of this, the mission is laggy. I would suggest to make reinforcements arrive after a certain amount of time, or after some amount of unts would be killed.

I really like the concept of the mission and that it takes place on Porto. (Uhmm, Uhao would be even better imho).

I would definitely watch closely these mission evolving to a campaign!

EDIT: No it was not 132 units, it was 132 points (including the tanks..)

greetings,

glad you liked it.

SPON scuba was designed for the 2nd mission.. but i guess the cat is out of the bag now... biggrin_o.gif

edit: reason it hasn't been 'properly' released is the MP issues we are solving.

as per the insertion.. a couple of others agree with that, it could be a bit more...

only 132?..lol.. when we beat the release version last night we had 345 kills between us.

but i am suprised you made it that far with only ai.

3 of us on TS.. who work together.. still took 3 hours.. and about 30 deaths between us.

ok..ok.. maybe a bit much..lol... i'll see what can be done.

as per the rest of everything.. the mission and its scripts are for the community.

if there are any questions or insights... our international whorehouse of ideas is open 24/7

TS: 216.246.109.237:8780

i hate typing..

crazy_o.gif  tounge2.gif

Chneemann, Kaku & me just beat the mission in 2hrs 50minutes yay.gif

Simply awesome. Love the eyecandy towers!

Wouldn´t say it was too hard. Stealing BMPs from the enemy and keeping them alive get´s quite important in this mission.

The unit placement is very well done. Many times we´ve been caught unaware by some sneaky bastards hiding in all kinds of places. And the AI really kept us on our toes.  

Noticed some flaws with the extraction:

-Nobody told us to bring flares or smoke to the LZ (maybe we just didn´t read the briefing properly lol)

-When the extraction helo finally came, the other two guys hopped in and it instantly started hovering above the small island ... leaving me on the ground.

In despair i shot the left engine with M136 while Chneemann killed the pilot from inside. Osprey hit the ground safely and after i´ve got into cargo aswell the mission finally ended biggrin_o.gif

whoot!

thanks mr burns.. it does seem it is a 3 hour mission.

as per the osprey.. that has been re-written and is fixed in the 'offical' release that came out last night.. every one please update to the new version if you haven't.

i also released that towers as stand alone.. so others can have fun with them.

http://www.ofpec.com/forum/index.php?topic=32461.0

@Mr Burns

How in the hell could Chneeman kill the pilot from inside?

Are you using some kind of a secret mod that allows moving in vehicles...?!!

Thx for the info loki! Official release must´ve slipped by me.

That mission will surely see more action on our server. Looking forward to further campaign teasers thumbs-up.gif

@Mr Burns

How in the hell could Chneeman kill the pilot from inside?

Are you using some kind of a secret mod that allows moving in vehicles...?!!

The "get out" point of the Osprey puts you inside the cargo compartment. So unless it´s going fast (which it wasnt in this case) you´ll be quite safe walking/shooting around inside of it.

edit:

1. Make another version without all the AddOns, I think you lose a lot of potential players having to downlaod the huge files.

Agreed. Didn´t wanna start bitching again, but here it goes:

I replaced Ebud´s units with stock ArmA SpecOps for our server tests because i always prefer my own chosen replacements.

Also saves some hundred MB of addons.

The Osprey only showing up for one or two minutes during the whole mission was odd too, but maybe you´re planning to give it more use in the other campaign missions. In that case it´d be fine to be kept.

editorupdate_v102 from "activateAddons" in init.sqs can savely be removed w/o breaking the mission.

The scars are a nice change for the usual ArmA weapons, although i could also live on with stock arms & Aimpoints replacement.

Quote[/b] ]The Osprey only showing up for one or two minutes during the whole mission was odd too, but maybe you´re planning to give it more use in the other campaign missions. In that case it´d be fine to be kept.
 biggrin_o.gif

can't give everybody all the toys and options right away... scuba diving is for the next mission... wonder which game engine limit we'll break for mission 3... xmas_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]without all the AddOns,

agreed.  

i'll do it now.

edit: it is done.. download at the same link. (QG still needed)

I edited the mission for my own use a little bit, but the player always start in a parachute... why? And how to turn it off?

Quote[/b] ]why? And how to turn it off?

because i like it... tounge2.gif and it gives the player time to survey the situation.

in the init.sqf

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">[] execVM "para_Start.sqf";

delete

smile_o.gif

thank you!

@Loki

And for mission 3, you could use the new booby traps...

Sounds like an interresting mission. However, I'm the only one in my clan who has QG. What is needed to make it work without QG?

Also, even though it is a 4-8 coop, the amount of enemies sounds hilarious. I want it to become a "realistic" amount of enemies so that we can at least hope to complete it without getting killed if we play good. How easy is it to tone it down, for someone who has decent amount of scripting knowlegde (but not super skills)?

What is needed to make it work without QG?

An island similar to Porto?

Oh, and you have to replace the radio tower model with the previous one, because as far as I know the tower model came also with QG.

@CarlGustaffa - it is as i0n0s has said... i choose porto because there are no small/med size islands out there with a decent size city.

i released the towers as a stand alone.. you can make your own scenario.

smile_o.gif

$10 for a 2.5 gig addon isn't that much..

(not to mention.. i like QB)

Agreed, and I like QG too. But I can't demand others to buy it.

I can try a copy&paste into Paraiso or Bagango or something, change accordingly, and see what happens.