Merlin version 1.2 is now available.
See first post for download links.
This version is primarily a release for bug fixes and missing essential functionality. This is probably how the first version should have been released.
The next version will be in another month and will focus on new features. It will radically change the editing process.
Thank-you to everyone who submitted bug reports and/or tested v1.1a/b/c.
V1.2 Change Log:
Major New Features:
Major Bug Fixes:
- 'Create Objects' dialog - added all addon classes to 'Types' list (equivalent to 'Class' in ArmA editor)
- 'Create Objects' dialog - added '<Groups>' to 'Types' list (equivalent to 'Insert Group' in ArmA editor)
- Export mission.sqm file - got the basics workings for export, but it will be further improved in next version.
- Markers (added via popup menu) are now saved as macros too. So they get deleted upon reset and recreated upon loading.
Other Minor Changes & Features:
- Minimised JIP lag (JIP connection delay) by removing all publicVariable calls from clients during init.
- Fixed revive not resetting lives after a 'Reset'/'Load' resulting in 0 lives.
- Disabled revive punish options - very confusing for players.
- JIP: spawn markers repositioned for JIP player
- JIP: macro (popup menu) markers created for JIP player
- Fixed 'secure hostage' remove action syntax error message - typo
- Fixed 'rescue hostage' default trigger radius (was being overwritten with tiny value)
- Side range check added to fix KitInit.sqf error message "...KitsAvailable select (_side call fn_getSide)) #select _kit; _total = ..."
- Fixed random spawning when multiple respawn markers exist
- Hostages can now be randomly located in buildings
- 'Create Objects' dialog - allows multiple selection from 'Types' list - for preview & create
- Popup menu items which are WIP are now prefixed with 'WIP: '
- Improved: 'Move Object' now updates position rather than creating new macro.
- WIP - Popup menu 'Set WP'->'Wait until objective complete >' allows you to synchronise a WP with an objective's completion. Functional but needs some improvements.
- WIP - 'Create Objects' dialog - started adding 'side' combo box filter handling, but still WIP.
- WIP - Adding 'Create Location' concept, which can be used to name special places (eg: 'Factory' ) which civilians can name when questioned.
- WIP - Adding 'Set Country' concept, which can be used to set your flag for your side and possibly other uses.
- Lots of little fixes: default create spacing, model check for create class
You may now export the mission structure to a mission.sqm file.
What can export be used for?
- Creating small object arrangements (eg: a walled base and some buildings), then export this to MergeFolder\mission.sqm file, then open it in editor and resave, then merge the file into your main mission.
- Creating reusable PBO missions. After export, you will still need to finish off the mission in the editor. See below for limitations. Next version should produce a complete mission.
What does it export in mission.sqm?
It creates a data string which can be copied into a mission.sqm file, which can then be loaded by the Arma editor.
- class Groups (all units)
- unit init string (eg: patrol)
- class Waypoints (if chosen), but not sychronised links (that is still WIP)
- class Vehicles (empty vehicles & objects)
- class Markers
- class Sensors (triggers/objectives), plus basic init's (conditions & activation, etc)
What is missing in the exported mission.sqm? (These items are still WIP and will be added/improved in future version)
- sychronised links for waypoints & triggers
- all init options for units
- full sensor inits
- a sample mission project (in which you can simply overwrite the mission.sqm file with your exported file)
Unfortunately there's a limit to what can be exported since ArmA is lacking many basic script commands for waypoints and triggers.
@ofpdeadeye: Creating a PDF is fine, but it should probably exclude the "future topics" and bug info, since that changes without notice. (this first post is edited regularly.)
@Loki: The "select _kit" bug should be fixed now.
@Tiger205: Feel free to edit the mission to include "opFor hostile RACS" (for local community use). I've left RACS friendly to OpFor since apparently it affects civilians too and I generally use missions where civilians are sympathetic to opFor. Will test/think about this for next version.
@gonza: For now, to simulate re-enforcements, you can try using the new 'Wait until objective complete >' option which allows you to synchronise a WP with an objective's completion.