Sign in to follow this  
chammy

CSM Betav2 Released!!

and this problem is with all m16a4 type guns except m16a4 + acog(old sounds)

Few pages back there are some workarounds. If you like to have CSM Betav3 or final version you have to be patient. Chammy could have some more troubles with animals...cooking them wink_o.gif

Nice sounds notworthy.gif

Download: (Need Reg.)

www.ofp2-arma2.com

<OBJECT CLASSID="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" WIDTH=450 HEIGHT=332><PARAM NAME=MOVIE VALUE=http://www.armedassault.eu/Television/BISvideo.swf?vquality=hq&youtubeID1=yQZtUVjwaC0&linkID1=http://www.ofpec.com/&youtubeID2=&linkID2=&youtubeID3=&linkID3=&youtubeID4=&linkID4=&><PARAM NAME=PLAY VALUE=TRUE><PARAM NAME=LOOP VALUE=TRUE><PARAM NAME=QUALITY VALUE=HIGH><EMBED SRC=http://www.armedassault.eu/Television/BISvideo.swf?vquality=hq&youtubeID1=yQZtUVjwaC0&linkID1=http://www.ofpec.com/&youtubeID2=&linkID2=&youtubeID3=&linkID3=&youtubeID4=&linkID4=& WIDTH=450 HEIGHT=332 PLAY=TRUE LOOP=TRUE QUALITY=HIGH></EMBED></OBJECT>

Yup, he was a bit behind with some mirrors and seems to be getting things in line. No update. That will be done when it's done. wink_o.gif

By the way, sorry about the lack of a full-length and in-depth movie for you fellas to listen to before having to download it. I was behind when I came back to the comp, and due to RL obligations and another hi-priority project, I haven't been able to get to it.

crazy_o.gif  smile_o.gif

Cheers

Vidz

Quote[/b] ]I was behind when I came back to the comp, and due to RL obligations and another hi-priority project, I haven't been able to get to it.

Its cool, we didnt miss you.

nener.gif

Now having my Xfi and using crystaliser and EQ I can fatten up this sound mod which does push things more, plus the cards own compression helps. Although comparing to some other mods theres still something less "vibrant" to the stock sounds.

When you made these chammy did you mean it to be pushed by the sound cards of users or stay as dry stock as-is?

I feel that the raw sourced sounds are spot on which make this mod REAL compared to others. The thing that I think it needs is to be sprinkled with some gloss, not so much hollywood thats the "sound" itself, just the punch and brightness to the sounds, mainly gun sounds.

EQ & Compression to fatten the sound waveform and make it louder in its wav would help, just to get the source sounds more in your face than they currently are. The dynamics of the audio as apposed to the sounds themselves, as I say the source sounds are spot on.

Maybe adding some snap precussive hit to the guns inital fire sounds to get that more rounded smack to the fire would help.

This is my feedback on the latest beta chammy BTW.

In short - sourced sounds = spot on, some nice sprinkling of presence and punch to them would polish this off nicely.

I don't know if this has been reported or not but I sometimes get back to desktop crashes with M16 error messages on weapon selection in MP when someone selects an M16A4. This is as well as the "jammed" M16A4s in MP and the default sounds playing in SP.

Sorry if this has been spotted already just thought I'd report it.

Aside from these bugs, awesome sounds Chammy & co! This the only sound pack I've stuck with. Can't wait for the new version.

Chammy is having issues with internet I guess... I havent seen him inawhile but the mod is bug free but chammy has some other ideas to put in.. Maybe we can release what we have now and then add the other things later.

Well, I think it could be "ok". I mean, I don't believe that Chammy would be angry if you guys released "patch" and atleast tried to improve the mod while he couldn't get online/work on the mod, you're a team after all right?

...And I think fans would be happy too. (Also, does someone has list of the tracks used in the main-menu of the arma when used with CSM? I think I actually like those tracks pretty damn much.)

(Also, I think this was pretty confusing post.)

I recognize two of them pretty easily, I'll give you the names so you can look them up.

Black Sabbath - War Pigs

Bleeding Through - Love lost in a hail of gunfire

Am i right in thinking if i uncomment this line-

//soundEscape[] = {"\CSM_Sounds\Misc\none.wss", db-10, 1;

Wold it stop the music playing? Also what would i have to do to get the radio beep back? Brilliant mod by the way! (apart from music and lack of radio beep lol

Ok this is the third time i have asked in this topic crazy_o.gif Hope its third time lucky for me and i get a reply.

Am i right in thinking if i uncomment this line-

Wold it stop the music playing? Also what would i have to do to get the radio beep back? Brilliant mod by the way! (apart from music and lack of radio beep lol

Ok this is the third time i have asked in this topic crazy_o.gif Hope its third time lucky for me and i get a reply.

This will get your beep back

class CfgVoice {

voices[] = {"dan", "brian", "mathew", "robert", "russell", "dusan", "robert", "howard", "ryan", "amy"};

voicePlayer = "amy";

micOuts[] = {"micOut1", "micOut2", "micOut3"};

preview = "ISayAgain";

class Words {

micOut[] = {"Mic_Out1"};

micOut1[] = {"static\over1"};

micOut2[] = {"static\over2"};

micOut3[] = {"static\over3"};

loop[] = {"static\radionoise3"};

beepBeep[] = {"beep"};

pause[] = {""};

//xmit[] = {"beep"};

};

};

class RscButton {

soundPush[] = {"\CSM_Sounds\misc\menu_s.wss", db-10, 1};

};

Any news yet binkster? I'm putting off playing ArmA until the next release because after using this mod it feels wrong with default sounds. crazy_o.gif

Hi! First of all - GREAT MOD Chammy! I can't stand other mods for more than 5 minutes now wink_o.gif But I have a problem running CSM with ACE mod.

Afterfew minutes of playing sounds fade out and I can hear almost no sounds. It appears that it is initiated by supersonic cracks.

Thanks for the info!

Sound problem investigation (continued):

E:\ArmA\beta\arma.exe -nosplash -mod=beta   *problem not present

E:\ArmA\beta\arma.exe -nosplash -mod=beta;@ACE *problem present

E:\ArmA\beta\arma.exe -nosplash -mod=beta;@ACE *problem not present with #define ACE_OVERRIDE_BIS_SOUNDS disabled (commented out)

E:\ArmA\beta\arma.exe -nosplash -mod=beta;@ACE ;@CSM *problem present again with #define ACE_OVERRIDE_BIS_SOUNDS disabled (commented out)

E:\ArmA\beta\arma.exe -nosplash -mod=beta;@CSM *problem not present

I also use @XEH at the end of the command line containing the latest XEH from the ACE mod. Doesn't help so far.

So I take it that CSM isn't anymore in development?

(Signed keys would be nice though.)

Sorry everyone, I'm getting all messages and checking up on forums again, I still have real life stuff to iron out but I built a new system so iam motivated once again heh. I had a few request to make something compatible with A.C.E. mod and with HiFi so I will be doing that as time permits. As for a CSM update and BI Key, istill have not been able to concentrate further on it but all in due time. I have a lot on my plate.

Did this ever get finished? Anybody know?? Was there ever a beta v3?? or a fixed beta v2?? And if so where can i download it. Any info Chammy?? I cant afford to get a new pc and a new copy of arma 2 to be able to enjoy your new mod. 8(