Sign in to follow this  
AceRmr

Evolution Blue V3 MHQ

Hi,

I have seen servers that run Evolution Blue V3 MHQ. Awesome map.

Can anyone please post a direct link so that I can download the files so I can run it on my server.

Played it , loved it, where the smeg do I get it? biggrin_o.gif

If you have played it, then it will be stored in your MPMissionsCache.

This should be in

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">C:\Documents and Settings\*your username*\Local Settings\Application Data\ArmA\MPMissionsCache

But may differ according to where you have windows installed and what language you have.

I also have a little question about Evolution Blue v3 MHQ!

I've seen that some servers have civilians in the citys. Thats pretty cool but how do I fix that? Do I need to edit the map or is it a addon or something?

I also have a little question about Evolution Blue v3 MHQ!

I've seen that some servers have civilians in the citys. Thats pretty cool but how do I fix that? Do I need to edit the map or is it a addon or something?

bump

I also have a question.

Does the enemy aircraft spawn at the airbase at Pita or do they spawn randomly in mid air? (I mean the Kamov and SU)

Can I capture/hold that town and disable the enemy air threat? I'm really tired of my AI's inability to shoot down fighters (and Kamovs for that matter) with the Vulcan. They're competent with a stinger when it comes to choppers but against fixed wing there are bound to be casualties (and a long trip in a repair truck).

My ideal plan would be to start off by eliminating the air threat permanently before even attacking Paraiso. I only ask so as to avoid driving a rubber duck for 50 nautical miles only to discover that the planes don't spawn from that base.

AceRmr, if you dont mind I have another MHQ question for this topic.  

Here's the question though.  Ive spent I think two days now comparing two versions of Evolution together.  Evo v3 MHQ and Evo Uhao.  Ive been trying to figure out how the V3 MHQ has the MHQ in there and what scrips/steps I need to add the MHQ to Evolution Uhao.

For right now I am using something temporary.  I have the parachute anywhere by going to the flag poll script running that I transferred from a domination map to Evolution whistle.gif This is only temporary until I get the MHQ working.

Anyways I know there are two question above me, but thanks for any help I can get.

To answer my own question:

No. The planes will keep coming and they'll have a ball killing retarded AI "Anti-air" infantryman, whether they're manning a Vulcan or not.

The frustrating part is that a Vulcan will end up flipped over in the hands of AI if requested to move a distance of anything over 500m.

No. The planes will keep coming...

Do you know if the SU's will land and rearm once they've expended all ammunition?

If not, it's gotta be a good idea to just leave them be, so that you have harmless SU's circling the battlefield (presumably until their fuel runs out?) rather than fresh, tooled up ones....

I have often seen SU's cruising about doing nothing during Evo games and wondered if they were indeed 'Winchester'.....

Mandrake

No. The planes will keep coming...

Do you know if the SU's will land and rearm once they've expended all ammunition?

If not, it's gotta be a good idea to just leave them be, so that you have harmless SU's circling the battlefield (presumably until their fuel runs out?) rather than fresh, tooled up ones....

I have often seen SU's cruising about doing nothing during Evo games and wondered if they were indeed 'Winchester'.....

Mandrake

Not sure Mandrake but it's probably worth trying by dealing with the air threat using stingers alone (equipping AI, that is).

I'll say this though...it gets $#$**%& frustrating as you progress to the last few towns and especially the last one. You have 2 kamovs and 2 SUs CONSTANTLY over the town so I found using vehicles impossible. It appears that the enemy aircraft only patrol over active/remaining areas so as you progress, the more present the air threat becomes.

It would be great if conquering Pita means you've taken the enemy airbase, essentially robbing their air capabilities (fixed wing at least).

AceRmr, if you dont mind I have another MHQ question for this topic.  

Here's the question though.  Ive spent I think two days now comparing two versions of Evolution together.  Evo v3 MHQ and Evo Uhao.  Ive been trying to figure out how the V3 MHQ has the MHQ in there and what scrips/steps I need to add the MHQ to Evolution Uhao.

For right now I am using something temporary.  I have the parachute anywhere by going to the flag poll script running that I transferred from a domination map to Evolution whistle.gif This is only temporary until I get the MHQ working.

Anyways I know there are two question above me, but thanks for any help I can get.

I have fully implemented the MHQ script in my Evolution Uhao! mission here, including a few improvements:

1. appropriate text

2. resized dialog/buttons

3. ambulance button no longer flashing

4. dialog only appears when ambulance away from base

I play this mission as solo co-op a lot and had a question about towing the MHQ via Blackhawk. When I hover over the M113 (MHQ), I get the following error.

That leads me to believe that towing the MHQ is available but might be broken...or...maybe I'm doing something wrong...or missing an addon?

I've made some simple edits to make this mission easier to play alone. It would be a huge help if I could tow the MHQ around like in Domination. Is this possible?

I've been looking for a version of Evo Blue 3 MHQ Unranked with working airlift for ages too!

Please post a link if you find one!

Thanks...       smile_o.gif

B

To answer you questions about the OPFOR air units, they spawn at random locations on the outer edges of the map and they fly from town to town. When a town has been cleared than the OPFOR air units will not fly to that town anymore. If you have edited the Evolution missions before, you will see around the outer edges of the map game logics with names (default they are ka1 - ka4).

The script that starts the air units in the missions are as follows:

...\scripts\sinit.sqf - Executes the following scripts to create the air units

...\scripts\makeka.sqf - Creates the Kamov

...\scripts\makesu.sqf - Creates the SU 34

...\scripts\makesuB.sqf - Creates the SU 34B

Just simply edit these set of scripts to get the desired effect you would like.

Bushlurker, I was able to get the airlift script working. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to "fix" the error. After reviewing the code for a while, I simply removed the line that was erroring out. I wasn't sure what condition the scripter was trying to prevent but I thought it might work without it and it seems to be. I understand the syntax but not the overall "intention".

This IF clause I removed from winch.sqf is this:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">if((_nObject != _cargo) && (_actionadded == 1)) then{

_uh60 removeAction actioncargo;

_actionadded = 0;

};

I have only airlifted the MHQ (M113) with a Blackhawk and that is all. That's all I need. I don't know if problems would be encountered in other airlift scenarios or if the removal of that line could cause other problems. Of course, if someone could offer a real fix, that'd be great.

Hi all!

Well, after a wee struggle and a long stand in the dumbass corner I successfully applied DesertJedi's fix to winch.sqf and it works nicely - also tested on humvee - also works, and presumably it'll work for all vehicles designated "LandVehicles" in the mission...

Great stuff!! Airliftable MHQ's at last!!! Sorted!!!!!

yay.gif

Thanks DJ!

notworthy.gif

Bushlurker

Quote[/b] ]I was able to get the airlift script working

Well it seems not all is working well. After playing Evo a bit with an airliftable MHQ, I've run into some problems.

If the MHQ (ambulance) is destroyed or if you move too far away from it (abandonment), it will respawn back at the Airbase but you end up with two MHQs - when there really should only be one.

If you then airlift one of the two MHQs somewhere and you then die, you end up respawning in the MHQ back at the airbase most times - not the one you airlifted.

I'm presuming that this version of Evo is simply meant to have one MHQ and once you have two, you're screwed.

I doubt this problem has any effect on non-MHQ cargo.

I've had the exact same MHQ problem, but - I had the same problem several times in this version of Evo anyway - I don't think its anything to do with either the cargo system or DesertJedi's script alterations... it was happening occasionally anyway... Subsequently, you will respawn to either MHQ - seemingly at random ... the only solution I've found is to have both MHQ's down near the "front" - a pain in the ass - though I have had some limited success in offloading driving duties to AI for long range trips...

Its nothing to do with airlifting the MHQ though I don't think - some sort of glitch in the respawn routines I guess - as if, once the MHQ is damaged beyond a certain point a new one is created, but then the old one is respawned as well.....

Ah well.....

Whats even better is to implement the Mando lift script into the mission. Trust me works alot better!

any chance you could briefly describe how to implement Mando? I've had a brief go, but no success so far - possibly due to"smokingalot" while attempting it....

tounge2.gif

Bushlurker

**edit** ignore that request.... attempted it once more in Focused Mode and got mando working nicely! A BIG improvement!

Edited by Bushlurker
updated

good deal, yea I "try" to be "focused" when in "devlopment mode" seem to get better and more consistant results. lol

Sorry for the late reply...life calls at times!! lol