Sign in to follow this  
vo.2

VopSound

Well, I think the soundlevels are basically okay as they are, sure, "probably" the best solution would be to make few or two different versions: "Realistic" and "Gameplayability" versions to ensure that everyone would be happy, but that would require extra work.

Well, I think the soundlevels are basically okay as they are, sure, "probably" the best solution would be to make few or two different versions: "Realistic" and "Gameplayability" versions to ensure that everyone would be happy, but that would require extra work.

vo.2 made it to open other not yet known parts of the sound config. there will be a totaly new balance when you are in vehicles. I guess its the best solution yet avaible until arma2 will be released. I dont know If he has an account for the new forum, but I hope hes able to release these new version after some tweak- and testing :)

i think you should focus more on sonic cracks.

for example

Cracks when getting directly shot at

and bullets wizzing around you. (actual wizzing sound)

cracks when not getting directly shot at.

and weapon sounds....(distant)

i hope that made some sense..haha

Edited by Kolt

To me, your 'gameplayability' would mean 'more realistic', since you can actually use VoN, just as you can have a conversation near a running 800HP diesel engine in real life, which I've tried. Fired shots are loud as they should. VoN directchat can be used. And vehicles doesn't completely overpower directchat.

Having to spend much of the time in the audio settings to 'make it right', is not realistic to me by any means.

That being said, I haven't tried this addon without ACE. The problem could very well be in ACE. I know the vehicle startup sounds are so insanely loud there that I have to momentarily turn down my volume prior to starting up. ACE db settings are quite out of bounds if you ask me, as is some of their sample levels. No way starting up any diesel would be louder than firing a gun.

Heya, totally awesome SoundMod, hear nothing but good things about it! Special tnx for the ACE specific config!

Just a report; at least in the ACE Config, the Class Inheritance tree is broken/modified: http://www.pastie.org/459808

The messages mean that the original classes were linked differently, and are now relinked according to the setup in the vopsound_c config.

Example:

Updating base class Single->Mode_SemiAuto, by vopsound_c\config.cpp/cfgWeapons/ACE_M14_sop/Single/

Means:

Class Single in Class ACE_M14_sop in Class CfgWeapons, is (re)linked to Mode_SemiAuto, while originally linked to Single.

Incase of fix; my gratitude! I'm available Privately incase of questions.

Edited by Sickboy

Heya, totally awesome SoundMod, hear nothing but good things about it! Special tnx for the ACE specific config!

Just a report; at least in the ACE Config, the Class Inheritance tree is broken/modified: http://www.pastie.org/459808

The messages mean that the original classes were linked differently, and are now relinked according to the setup in the vopsound_c config.

Example:

Updating base class Single->Mode_SemiAuto, by vopsound_c\config.cpp/cfgWeapons/ACE_M14_sop/Single/

Means:

Class Single in Class ACE_M14_sop in Class CfgWeapons, is (re)linked to Mode_SemiAuto, while originally linked to Single.

Incase of fix; my gratitude! I'm available Privately incase of questions.

Hehe, I've seen those rpt messages but forgot to fix it. :)

I guess replacing

class Mode_SemiAuto;
class Mode_Burst;
class Mode_FullAuto;

with

class Single;
class Burst;
class FullAuto;

would do the trick, right?

Not really. Just do what it says in the log. Example:

Yours:

class cfgWeapons
{
class ACE_M14_sop: ...
{
	class Single: Mode_SemiAuto

To

class cfgWeapons
{
class ACE_M14_sop: ...
{
	class Single: Single

:bounce3:

This might be a stupid question, but when using 1.19 with ACE (and the ACE config of course), do I still want to comment out the "override default sounds" line in dta/ACE/ace_clientside_config.hpp ?

hey nice sound mod , but i've just a feedback for you ... the Uh-60 sound is very bad sorry

This might be a stupid question, but when using 1.19 with ACE (and the ACE config of course), do I still want to comment out the "override default sounds" line in dta/ACE/ace_clientside_config.hpp ?

Nope.

The latest ACE versions are replacing many of the vopsounds with whimpy sounds I dont like, will a next version deal with this?

Edited by sparks50

I don't know if it's been mentioned, but using ACE 1.09 and Vop 1.19 (with ACE config), I cannot use the GL on the following weapons.

M16A2 M203

M16A4 M203

M16A4 ACOG M203