Sign in to follow this  
Guest RKSL-Rock

Vista x64 and Buldozer Problem

Guest RKSL-Rock

I've been "forced" down the Vista x64 route to some extent as im in dire need of more then 3Gb of RAM. So here's my problem. Going back to XP x32/x64 is NOT an option. Other 32 bit version of various OS are also out of the question...

O2 install and works fine. But everytime i try to start Buldozer i get an error message in Czech and eventually a warning from vista...

"Oxygen 2 MFC Application has stopped working"

Now Im kinda stuck dead in the water, any and all practical help will be greatly appreciated.

(Please dont bother replying if you are just going to rant about Vista)

just a shot in the dark but but an issue i always need to bypass on vista64 is the dame P:\ drive now there is 2 ways to fix this issue

1. Disable UAC (User Account Control).

2. change the mapdisk.bat to read the following and run it twice, once as admin and once as an normal user (dubble clicking)

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

@echo off

subst p: /D

subst p: "C:\Users\"%username%"\Documents\ArmAWork"

Hope this helps

with every new version of of winodws MS seems to removed compatiblity for subst more and more.

Good luck

Guest RKSL-Rock
just a shot in the dark but but an issue i always need to bypass on vista64 is the dame P:\ drive now there is 2 ways to fix this issue

1. Disable UAC (User Account Control).

2. change the mapdisk.bat to read the following and run it twice, once as admin and once as an normal user (dubble clicking)

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

@echo off

subst p: /D

subst p: "C:\Users\"%username%"\Documents\ArmAWork"

Hope this helps

with every new version of of winodws MS seems to removed compatiblity for subst more and more.

Good luck

Thanks for the effort but I've already disabled UAC and here's the flaw. I don’t use mapdisk.bat. I have a hard drive mapped to P: with everything in it. So that’s not the issue.

So to elaborate further:

Vista x64 Home Premium

3gb of RAM (i had 8 installed but reverted to my old RAM to trouble shoot)

EVGA 8800GT KO 512 with the latest x64 drivers from NVidia

ArmA runs fine so it’s got to be something with the O2/buldozer integration. Anyone?

Are you running ArmA with any additional startup parameters to get it to run on Vista, such as '-maxmem=512'?

Try editing the 'External Viewer' config value in O2's options to add any additional parameters you're using for ArmA sessions, since Buldozer is just a simplified session of ArmA rather than an additional application.

Likewise, have a look if you can apply any of these tips to Buldozer:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_Troubleshooting_Vista

Guest RKSL-Rock

Thanks for the replies guys but i figured it out in the end.  I had a corrupt sector on my Harddrive causing O2PE to crap out.  Repaired the drive and reinstalled the tools and everything is fine now.  

Thanks for posting anyway.