Sign in to follow this  
169th_Ice

Trusted Mods / Problem Mods for Servers

As us server admins know there are good mods and bad mods.

Bad mods and or Addons can cause latency, Server crashes or give Griefers the ability to hack a game and ruin the enjoyment for everyone else playing. = No fun and frustration for all.

Objective of this thread. Create a list of Problem mods or Addons that should be blocked from dedicated servers.

So, if you as a server admin know of any please post them here with their CfgPatches classname if you know it so it can easily be added to the dooacsDisabledPatches script. (see here).

In the post should be the types(s) of problems each mod/addon causes. Whether it be:

Hack

Lag

Server Crash

Cheat

I will then edit this post and update the list accordingly.

Feel free to discuss the validity of each one in this thread.

Below is a List from the SA-Gaming Site the I am using. Feel free to add comments on each one.

Thanks goes to Doolittle and Aussie Dave for their work so far.

Blocked Mods:

XAM all of them

SLX Mod

ECS Mod

Compact Fix for ArmA

Fight For Nogova (FFN) Mod

Morsa's Any Gear by 5133p39

PROPER World mod

PROPER World

Xtra Mods

GDT ModHelicopter

GDT Mod TOW

GDT Mod Hellfire

GDT Mod Satchel

Ice's dooacsDisabledPatches:

Quote[/b] ]"[""""SLX_AI_Dispersion"""", """"SLX_Anims"""", """"ZGB_Collisions"""", """"ZGB_DeathCam"""", """", ZGB_Flares"""", """"ZGB_Flares_Settings"""", """"ZGB_Grid"""", """"ZGB_Grid_QG"""", """"ZGB_Horn"""", """"ZGB_Horn_QG"""", """"ZGB_Radar_GPS"""", """"ZGB_Magazines"""", """"ZGB_MES"""", """"ZGB_Pontoons"""", """"ZGB_RACS_Faces"""", """"ZGB_Seatbelts"""", """"ZGB_SLA_Faces"""", """"ZGB_Vehicles"""", """"ZGB_VLD"""", """"ZGB_VNV"""", """"ZGB_WarfareSoundFix"""", """"ZGB_Weapons"""", """"ECS_Air"""", """"ECS_Animals"""", """", ECS_Armory"""", """"ECS_Characters"""", """"ECS_CIV"""", """"ECS_Core"""", """"CS_Misc"""", """"ECS_Quiet"""", """"ECS_RACS"""", """"ECS_RC_CIV"""", """"ECS_RC_RACS"""", """"ECS_RC_RU"""", """"ECS_RC_US"""", """"ECS_RU"""", """"ECS_SmokeShell"""", """"ECS_Sounds"""", """"ECS_Tracers"""", """"ECS_US"""", """"ECS_Worlds"""", """"TR_CAM"""", """"TR_OBJ"""", """"GDTModHellfire"""", """"GDTModSatchel"""", """"GDTModTOW"""", """"GDTModHelicopter"""", """"mors_anygear"""", """"PROPER_World_Desert_Island_Instant_IntroAnims"""&qu

ot;, """"ACE_Everon"""", """"McNSaraLiteDryite"""", """"NIM_Weather"""", """"Q11_Recoils"""", """"XAM_effects"""", """"SLX_People"""", """"XAM_classes"""", """"XAM_Markers"""", """"XAM_Sounds"""", """"XAM_Veh"""", """"XAM_Vehdes"""", """"Xtra_Munitions"""", """"Xtra_Infantry"""", """", Xtra_Air"""", """"Xtra_QG"""", """"Xtra_SAM"""", """"Xtra_Static"""", """"Xtra_Support"""", """"Xtra_Tank"""", """"Xtra_Weapons"""", """"Schleiflshackpack"""", """"Schleiflsspawnhack""""]";

I don't see why SLX, XAM and ECS are disabled from every server (Well almost every) it ruins the fun for the people who use these mods and greatly improves the realism of the game. It also wastes a lot of time the mod makers put into these mods for people to enjoy

Id say its just not compatible - these mods have just too many features that dont just change your view but add new actions like dragging, surrending etc. What happens when you try to drag someone with SLX mod and the rest of the players and server dont have the feature? I dont know in what way those scripts work so its hard to say for me but I guess it makes a mess.

I like SLX but it just doesnt work when one client has it and the rest doesnt.

Very strange, those blocked mods look identical to the mods I blocked on OGN quite while back....hehe

I agree with what your trying to achieve 100%, there has to be a line drawn as to whats acceptable in MP and at the same time achieving server Stability

You would be better off just using signatures for better controll though, theres houndreds of replacement mods in the community that can give a player a unfair advantage/create problems for the server, even though the player doesnt know about it him/herself.

i agreed with that, signatures would be a more effective way to block unwanted mods

these mods are not compatible, but never should have been marked as "Problem Mods use by hackers" as the mod itself have no problem other then crashing servers that dont uses these mods

Very strange, those blocked mods look identical to the mods I blocked on OGN quite while back....hehe

I agree with what your trying to achieve 100%, there has to be a line drawn as to whats acceptable in MP and at the same time achieving server Stability

they do dave. Hence the creditation in the initial post :-)

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">they do dave. Hence the creditation in the initial post :-)

Only one problem, I aint Aussie Dave... lol

Here is the one we use [-{GOL}- Clan Server], which actually has *cheat* addon names on..

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">dooacsDisabledPatches = "[""""Flashbangs_RH_Replacement"""", """"ZGB_S8"""", """"ZGB_S5"""", """"ZGB_FFARs"""", """"mors_anygear"""", """"GDTModSatchel"""", """"stra_debug"""", """"ArmA_RTE_Editor_4"""",""""ECS_Core"""",""""SLX_Mod"""",""""CreateTankE"""",""""CreateChopper"""",""""ATAA"""",""""CreateTankW"""",""""Ashole"""",""""VoglioLerba"""",""""Teletransportami"""",

""""Inchino"""",""""armiinfinite"""",""""JESU"""",""""ViewDinstance500"""",""""TerrainGrid"""",""""awk_ch34tsDevString_ak"""",""""TrueRangeAI"""",""""Schleiflshackpack,"""",""""Schleiflsspawnhack"""" ,""""RANAirwolf"""",""""C_Weapons"""", """"C_Weapons_Models"""", """"CRIO_Replacement_PlugIn"""",

""""CRIO_Opfor_SF_Models"""",

""""CRIO_Opfor_Inf_Models"""", """"CRIO_Opfor"""", """"CRIO_BluFor"""", """"CRIO_RACS"""", """"CRIO_BluFor_Inf_Models"""", """"CRIO_BluFor_SF_Models"""", """"CRIO_Independent_Inf_Models"""", """"CRIO_Independent_SF_Models"""", """"RED_FIX"""", """"GDTModTOW"""", """"SPON_Map""""]";

Also there is some things on there we dont like to run on the server as they can cause nown side effects and also be used as cheats...

With this DOOACS and Battleye we have had one cheater in 6-8 months, we think, well strange things started to happen when some

guy with one of those russian names connected, but he got banned so no more of him returning..

Just testing this now see if it helps my problems  smile_o.gif

With your example Matt wink_o.gif