Sign in to follow this  
opteryx

Avgani v1.1

Edited by Opteryx

Hi, many thanks for the quick update Opterix, i'll try it ASAP. Let's C ya

Simply outstanding as always, I wish I have your talent! Really, the Cheeseburger sign had me rolling on the floor.  I will be honest, I think I'm going to try and keep both maps.  There were some features I did like in the .9 version and I really did enjoy having acess to the buildings via the editor. I'm sure you have valid reasons for removing it.  The base camp was indeed a nice addition as well as the new buildings.  I have one small suggestion, would be possible to animate one or two of the cell doors in the police station so it could be lock/unlock via a script.  I envision it just for mission purposes, the others would be great places to send TK'er for a little time to think over thier actions.   Thanks again, I am off to tinker with it some more.  Thanks again for your time and effort!!  inlove.gif

I really did enjoy having acess to the buildings via the editor, I'm sure you have valid reasons for removing it.

Yeah, it's as simple as I downright have no idea how to do it properly, I would like to have names and such sorted clean in the Mission Editor menu. I will try to fix this, but for now I've decided to remove it.

I have one small suggestion, would be possible to animate one or two of the cell doors in the police station so it could be lock/unlock via a script. I envision it just for mission purposes, the others would be great places to send TK'er for a little time to think over thier actions. Thanks again I am off to play with it some more.

Oh yeah it's possible, but again I have no clue how to do animations, I will look into it, but it won't be a high priority.

The new version looks fantastic, i'm dead happy that the bluezone and checkpoints have been removed, but the removal of objects from the editor breaks the missions i've been working on sad_o.gif

From a quick test i still notice that lag still remains while in middle of the town.

The minaret tops (runway lod and geometry) need to be higher abit, we can slide in the top and the feet are under the floor.

Very nice textures you put in the minaret smile_o.gif

In the bigger square building there are some rock stairs that do not work properly ( maybe the path is too tight?! ).

The correct floor sounds of most buildings are not working.

The vertices in the new building need to be closer:

avgani_bug02_s.jpg

1024x768

(check the back windows aswell and notice the shadows on the ground, we can see the space)

The stairs are not working. Maybe you forgot to remove the Stairs on the Geometry Lod and add the roadway Lod?

avgani_bug03_s.jpg

1024x768

Did you made the trash in the city? If so why not add a simple Roadway LOD to them? It can be very annoying not to be able to pass above these small objects.

Ill check more later.

edit: the new building with the BIS original stairs have some bug on top (after you climb the stairs). You can destroy it with 1 sabot and you forgot to add ruins trash after you destroy it. Why ladders are not part of the building? I ask this because if you destroy the building the stairs will remain :\

From a quick test i still notice that lag still remains while in middle of the town.

I can almost run ArmA on max settings on Avgani, perhaps time for a new comp?

tounge2.gif Anyway there's still room for optimization.

The minaret tops (runway lod and geometry) need to be higher abit, we can slide in the top and the feet are under the floor.

I'm not experiencing that, but you're correct, the roadway is coplanar with the geo LOD.

In the bigger square building there are some rock stairs that do not work properly (maybe the path is too tight?!wink_o.gif.

The correct floor sounds of most buildings are not working.

The vertices in the new building need to be closer:

img]http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm190/BCbravo6/bugs/avgani_bug02_s.jpg[/img]

1024x768

(check the back windows aswell and notice the shadows on the ground, we can see the space)

10-4

The stairs are not working. Maybe you forgot to remove the Stairs on the Geometry Lod and add the roadway Lod?

img]http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm190/BCbravo6/bugs/avgani_bug03_s.jpg[/img]

1024x768

Yeah I saw that a few minutes ago. Dammit, it's cause I switched the roadway LOD to Edit LOD so Buldozer wouldn't crash, but I forgot to switch it back. banghead.gif

Did you made the trash in the city? If so why not add some a simple Roadway LOD to them? It can be very annoying not to be able to pass above these small objects.

Yeah I did and there is a roadway on them, but the objects on the trash piles geo LOD are obstructing you, guess I might remove that.

I'm not experiencing that, but you're correct, the roadway is coplanar with the geo LOD.

Yeah I did and there is a roadway on them, but the objects on the trash piles geo LOD are obstructing you, guess I might remove that.

i think im going to keep this crappy pc for good optimizations then biggrin_o.gif

If you check the satellite view you can notice that the feet are under the floor on the top minaret. Though if you check on the 1st person view you are able to see the shoes, so you think you are above the floor but your are not tounge2.gif

About the trash in city and the stairs bugs on the houses have almost the same cause (Geo and Runway Lods they don't like each other biggrin_o.gif ).

Im sure of this because it already happened to me.

edit: jezzz.. my typo sucks :\

ok so you removed the checkpoints and "bluezone"? But, are the road blocks still there? I have a great Sieze the city style MP COOP map I have been working on and those vehi. check points are deff. a must have for it. I am at work but will dl the new version in a lil while smile_o.gif. If those things have changed please someone let me know before i DL it. thank you.

Nice update m8, thanks for moving the hotel back slightly. Are you planning on rotating it? As the front entrance is still currently at the back.

Great work as always, cheers...

ok so you removed the checkpoints and "bluezone"? But, are the road blocks still there? I have a great Sieze the city style MP COOP map I have been working on and those vehi. check points are deff. a must have for it. I am at work but will dl the new version in a lil while smile_o.gif. If those things have changed please someone let me know before i DL it. thank you.

They're gone.

Nice update m8, thanks for moving the hotel back slightly. Are you planning on rotating it? As the front entrance is still currently at the back.

Oh yeah, I didn't even notice that with the hotel. I'll probably just replace it with something else, it looks too fancy in contrast to the rest of the town.

Nice work Opteryx. Only bugs seem to be what's posted already, and you can't exactly say it makes the island unplayable.

Quote[/b] ]Hopefully this version is more playable as I really am keen on starting on some other projects.

That news is just as interesting as seeing the island has been updated biggrin_o.gif

Very amazing. Thank you very much for this map.

I have a error message now with the version 1.1 when I want to open tha Sahrani map: "Cannot open object ca\buildings\tovarna2.p3d".

If I delete the new files of the 1.1 version, this error message disapear.

Do you have an idea about that?

(Excuse my bad english. I Speak french.)

Thank you smile_o.gif

Not sure what this is, I just got the same message in MP playing on Sahrani, I suspect the culprit is my shitty config skills. I don't get it on Avgani though huh.gif

Small detail:

avgani_bug04_s.jpg

1024x768

The bug i mentioned before, after destroying the house with only 1 sabot we get no ruins. Though we can see the smoke.

The right house has the same bug (same model).

avgani_bug05_s.jpg

1024x768

Great work bro! To have such a small amount of little 'imperfections' here and there is quite the feat for how quickly this was released for us to play with. biggrin_o.gif

The base rocks btw dude, it's got great vantage points over areas of possible attacks, especially the concrete towers.

thumbs-up.gif