Sign in to follow this  
mr.g-c

Sample Models missing models.cfg entries?

Hi i want to make a addon from the Hilux1_open and its already done (we have reskinned it and added a flashlight to it).

However no wheels turn, no steering wheels and no speed/rpm meters.

When i look in the with the sample models delivered model.cfg, i see no entry for the wheels and stuff.

This is the BIS-sample model.cfg (the yellow marked was added by me):

http://pastebin.com/m73df4274

place...

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class Rotation {type="rotation";memory=1;minValue=0;maxValue=1;angle0=0;angle1=1;};

is a file called 'model.cfg' one folder up from the folder that contains your above 'model.cfg' file...

Doesn't work...

My model.cfg in the P:\ drive already contained that entry....

What is the full pathname to the folder you are trying to BinPBO?

What do you have 'Path to project folder' set as in the 'Options' in BinPBO when you are building?

What is the full pathname to the folder you are trying to BinPBO?

What do you have 'Path to project folder' set as in the 'Options' in BinPBO when you are building?

P:\hilux_police

Path to Projects folder is "use source path" (also P:\hilux_police)

Doenst it have something to do that there are no entries in the model.cfg nor in the config.cpp for that turning stuff for the hiluxes...

When BinPBO/Binarize.exe processes this 'P:\hilux_police' folder of yours it finds your above model.cfg file.

In this file are some references to previously defined classes.

eg.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class CfgSkeletons

{

class Vehicle;

class Car: Vehicle {

As you are telling BinPBO that 'P:\hilux_police' is top of your heirarchy it will not go looking any further up the folder structure tree trying to resolve your class references.

There are a number of options for you to rectify this, but probably the quickest and easiest for you is to fully define the 'referenced' parent classes.

something like this

Although 'hilux1_civil_1_open' doesn't have much of a definition, it inturn inherits from 'class car;' which inturn inherits from 'class vehicle;' etc...

Like this... Default>Vehicle>Car>hilux1_civil_1_open>SBLK_HiluxPolice

Unfortunately in the first version of the model.cfg above binarize.exe has no where to go to find out what the definition for 'class vehicle;' is etc.

Now that, is useful!

notworthy.gif

GC shall I carry on trying with the hilux with this new .cfg file?

This is Kolky, by the way tounge2.gif

Thanks for that answer, but its still not working.... ( i have overwritten my model.cfg in the cars folder with yours).

Ill drop you the car, maybe you can find out whats the problem there.... wink_o.gif