Sign in to follow this  
rip31st

air attacking ground targets?

Is it possible to get ai to attack ground targets with more aggression. Also is it possible to get them to attack ground targets with machine guns instead of just rockets?

I modeled an aircraft with machine guns only. They wouldn't fire on anything. I finally resorted to adding rockets and then they attacked ground targets.

I tried using the threat= 1,1,1 and aimgundown=0.07 in my config. Dunno what else I could do. In the mission editor I placed some enemy ground units and although they attack with rockets they don't use their machine guns. IF they are prompted by human interaction they attack selected targets. If they are left to make their own decisions it takes a while for them to attack a ground unit.

IF you adjust the "ear" sensitivity of a pilot in your config for an aircraft you're building, does that mean they can target ground forces better? What are these values defining 0-1?

I tried Truemods. The ground units attacked the planes more, and attempted to take on targets at higher distances. The aircraft pilots still attacked the ground units with the same veracity as before installing it.

There should be a change in behavior for helicopters and even

planes.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> class All

sensitivityEar = 0.0075;

class Man: Land

sensitivityEar = 0.13;

Try values of 25 for air units wink_o.gif

Be sure to set cfgPatches - requiredAddons right. wink_o.gif

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">D:\arma_editing\tools\1.14\bin\config.cpp

2126 sensitivity = 1;

2738 sensitivity = 0.6;

2885 sensitivity = 0.6;

3122 sensitivity = 1;

D:\arma_editing\tools\1.14\characters\config.cpp

1275 sensitivity = 2;

1665 sensitivity = 2;

D:\arma_editing\tools\1.14\cti_buildings\config.cpp

689 sensitivity = 1;

D:\arma_editing\tools\1.14\usmcd\config.cpp

254 sensitivity = 2;

270 sensitivity = 2;

Values can be anything between 0 and 100000000000000000000

(well probably the limit isnt that high wink_o.gif).

I changed sensitivity, now they are very destructive to ground units. A little too much, going to lower the factor to about half.