Sign in to follow this  
Sven

Can\'t upgrade

This is what I get when running the official 1.2 patch.

MB = KT7A

Athlon 1ghz

Verifying Operation Flashpoint, version 1.00...

Error found in file OperationFlashpoint.exe (1ba7e11e!=1f2729c1)

Error found in file OpFlashPreferences.exe (a69fd2cb!=d9390c08)

One or more files in game instalation are modified or dammaged.

Reinstall game from original CD disc and try again.

Have you gone through the FAQ's INSTALLATION and TROUBLESHOOTING sections?

Also, post your system specs in detail. Is your PC's motherboard based on the VIA chipset?

Yes I have a via chipset in my mb.

I downloaded the 4in1 drivers from via and installed them, I also unchecked the DMA option in CD-drive and HD, but still the same error.

Are those damaged files always the same or do they change after every installation?

If only exe files are invalid, chance is you might be affected by some virus infecting exe files. Could you try scanning your computer for viruses with up-to-data virus database?

Yes it's always the same message.

I just tried upgrading to 1.11, and it worked fine.

I have a similar problem:

"Operation Flashpoint: Updating version 1.00 to version 1.20...

Some error occurred during patch installation.

Patch file is probably dammaged. You may need to download it again.

Error in file CAMPAIGNS\1985.pbo, phase 1."

I've reinstalled the game about 13 times in the past few weeks to try and get it working. Oddly enough it worked before, but then started having random lockups, and I've not been able to make any updates since. I've also read the FAQs about this type of problem, and it's not helped (DMA is disabled, I've tried an updated BIOS, 4 in 1 drivers, etc). And I've downloaded the patch from different locations to try and ensure its integrity. I've even reinstalled windows to try and solve it.

My specs:

1GHz T-Bird

Abit KT7-RAID

512MB RAM

Asus V8200 Deluxe (Geforce3)

Any ideas?

Im getting the same problems and seem to have tried the same by removing dma etc..

This is what i get...

........................................................................................

Verifying Operation Flashpoint, version 1.10...

Error found in file DTA\Data.pbo (f50def4f!=cc4d3c55)

One or more files in game instalation are modified or dammaged.

Reinstall game from original CD disc and try again.

........................................................................................

my computer specs:

Operating System: Microsoft Windows ME (4.90, Build 3000)  

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: VIA Technologies, Inc.

System Model: VT8363

BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PGN

Processor: AMD Athlon Processor,  MMX,  3DNow, ~1204MHz

Memory: 512MB RAM

Page File: 93MB used, 1442MB available

DirectX Version: DirectX 8.0 (4.08.00.0400)

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

DxDiag Version: 4.08.00.0400

graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce2 GTS/GeForce2 Pro 64MB

mainboard:  Soltek SL-75KAV socket A bundkort, Via KT133A, VT82C686B

Someone please help!!Im going crazy with the reinstalls!!

This is what I tried. I just bought a new ecs motherboard with the via chipset. I went to ww.viaarena.com and downloaded the 4.35 drivers. I then loaded the agp driver by itself in turbo mode. I then set "cacheman" for 3d games, I don't remember where I got the program, but it changes the disk cache. When I was having trouble, I had it set for "home computer". Anyway, the next time I tried to install 1.3 from 1.2, it worked great. Good luck

hey eddie, I have the same problem;

the problem appear when upgrading and no when checking

also downloaded 15 times the patch in diferent locations, i simply H8 the 1.20 patch!!!!!!

my computer:

pIII 450, 128 ram, asus p3b-f motherboard, win 98

have U sent a e-mail for this "genius at work" guys?

i sent but they don't reply!

I guess I should have also said that I went into my system bios and loaded "optimized settings". I then cranked up the frequency on my dram to 133, and lowered a few of the wait states. Of course, I'm not recommending this course of action, but I'm an aggressive gambler. Just make sure you know how to reset your cmos settings in case your machine won't boot!

Instead of bashing CM or BIs why not do a reformat or a reinstall of windows.

It would be something YOU have used before on your PC that causes problems with certain programs...so if u really are commited to playing the game then do it.

I have also tried to re-install...still problems. Only the game now crashes on me too with version 1.0.

I have tried 4 different bios versions and also 4in1 4.32 + 4.31. Im going crazy here. Even brought the original just so i could try the game with the full upgrades. I even contacted codemasters and there advice was to upgrade my drivers..LOL

Also tried turing dma off...no luck....

Please please please...someone must have an answer..

OS NameMicrosoft Windows

Version4.90.3000 Build 3000

OS ManufacturerMicrosoft Corporation

System NameROB

System ManufacturerVIA Technologies, Inc.

System ModelVT8363

System TypeX86-based PC

ProcessorAMD Athlon Processor AuthenticAMD ~1204 Mhz

BIOS VersionAward Modular BIOS v6.00PGN

Windows DirectoryC:\WINDOWS

LocaleUnited States

Time ZoneRomance Standard Time

Total Physical Memory511.45 MB

Available Physical Memory403.25 MB

Total Virtual Memory2.00 GB

Available Virtual Memory1.83 GB

Page File Space1.50 GB

Usually games developers design with the majority or if not all hardware types and maufacturers in mind. I dont think VIA are exactly uncommon type of chipset. Why have BIS forgotten to take the data corruption into account? Because of their (and codies) slightly over-protective anti-piracy ways.

It seems that VIA chipset users are the victims to this.

It would be nice for the patches to be "normal" patches. i.e the files within the patches just override any existing files in the directory the uder choose to exract them to.

Oh no, we cant have that, they must be vailidated first.

:/

What i want is BIS and Codies to get their act together and release the patch files in a ZIP for both 1.20 and 1.30 upgrades.

If they are paranoid about people upgrading the illegal copies, i'd be happy to give any information to them from my opflash case/manual/cd or even the d*amn reciept to prove that i paid 30 quids for this coaster.

Going back to the upgrade files, would it be possible for someone with a working 1.30 to work out what files are upgraded (which isnt hard) and put them to ZIP for people with VIA chipsets, like myself, to aquire the 1.30 update? Cause i doubt BIS are going to be doing it.

Thanks biggrin.gif

Jimtit i agree with u

the honest owners of the game pay for the paranoia of a company... its so sad...

when the copy protection was a problem, the wargasm guys quit it, but codemasters could hear more the opinion of the their costumers...

i sent an e-mail with the problem and ther'is no reply...

Please. I know my pc inside and out. I fixed the corruption problem when i first purchased my k7a. Advising people to flash their bios to either an updated version or downgraded version is a pathetic and unefficient solution. I've flashed my bios before and it killed it. I dont advise anyone to do it. The only guaranteed working way of bios flashing is buying a new bios chip.

That cost me 7 days and Å20.

4in1s? Heheh. Yeah they work. Yeah they fixed the corruption problem, and yeah i update them as soon as a new version is released. Please please dont keep pasting these unadequate solutions.

A working patch for all chipset users is needed. This is what we need BIS. A real solution is needed BIS, please respond.

Could this work ?

I,m planning to take my original game to a friend, install and upgrade on his PC to 1.3, then burn the whole opf directory on CD, take my cd's home, copy the dir to my hd and start playing opf v1.3

What do you guys think. Possible or not?

Sven

Sven that wont work. You will just be using his version of opflash. Which means your CD wont work with it.

I have warned many NOT to Flash their BIOS, let some one more puter freindly do it or them, if any one posts the "flash your Bios" post and i see it I will ask ppl not to Flash due to the damge that cen be done

as for my VIA post I saw the one guy had VIA's 4.31 and 4.32

No i'm not using his version. I'm using my version on his PC. I install mine, upgrade mine to 1.3, all on his comp. Then i burn the whole dir on a cd and copy it back on my comp. That way I only use my official opf cd, but i do the upgrading on my friends comp and after that i take my original game back home, together with a copy of the part of the game that's on the harddisk

Ok...now im really pulling my hair out!! Where does this end?? They have made a top game here and i cant even really get into it. For 3 days now have i tried all to upgrade so i can add more addons! Why release patches that cause so many problems for us VIA users??

I have tried all that it mentioned! Tried installing the game god knows how many times!! Windows re-installations! Upgrades and downgrades of Bios and chip drivers! If i knew this problem before hand i would never have brought this game and just downloaded a pirated version and played that!!!! Is all this trouble worth the money i payed for this game?confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif

I hope to hear from developers!!

THANX!!!