Sign in to follow this  
MSpencer

Warfare V1 ADV AI 32 Players

I am working on version 1.4, I have rewritten the supply truck script and am working out problems with that.  It is now an sqf function which reduces lag significantly.  (Lag is much less than in Stock Warfare 1.1)

heres a little buglet i found while playin on an LAN:

After returning to base and clicking to get into the TEAM tab, there was some scripting error (zero divisor) and none of the factories were accessible (even though built and used earlier in mission) to purchase anything. The Gear tab itself was unavailable as well at this point (you couldnt even click on it). It was the same effect as if you were standing by a captured depot away from your base (plus the divisor error)...sort of like the system somehow got stuck in depot "mode" or something.

I dont recall the last depot which was captured before this ocurred.

heres a little buglet i found while playin on an LAN:

After returning to base and clicking to get into the TEAM tab, there was some scripting error (zero divisor) and none of the factories were accessible (even though built and used earlier in mission) to purchase anything. The Gear tab itself was unavailable as well at this point (you couldnt even click on it). It was the same effect as if you were standing by a captured depot away from your base (plus the divisor error)...sort of like the system somehow got stuck in depot "mode" or something.

I dont recall the last depot which was captured before this ocurred.

This same bug happened to me yesterday. Anyway, keep up the good work, this is currently my favorite version of warfare despite the few bugs.

Also, the AirViewDistance option does not work. So I just increase the normal view distance option and it works for both when I am in an aircraft and when I am not.

how can i join an other squad, i pres join and the request was send , but the other person of the other squad see nothing of my request.

I think I fixed this but kept the original question in this post:

Quote[/b] ]Going inside a chopper with mando hitch capabilities produces this error:

whateverrrrdp2.jpg

Does anyone know what causes this error? As I have edited this mission and would like to solve it as soon as possible - even before Chris's next release if possible - as this is hindering my ability to call my edit a 'complete' 1.0 version.

Apparently the code from the Description.ext:

Quote[/b] ]{

titles[] = {WF_Splash,CampCaptureProgress,TownCaptureProgress,EndOfGameStats,UseObject,mando_hitch_hud};

#include "mando_hitch\mando_hitch_titles.h"

The bold words were taken out of the original script and/or forgotten about. Without this line the previous error (image above) occurs when entering a cargo chopper.

On another note: Has anyone noticed a gradual increase in supply from a specific town? The scripts specify the lowest supply level and the highest supply level. For example a large town starts with a supply of 30 and eventually gets up to 120. However I fail to notice this increase in this mission but the script that shows the lowest and highest income at 30 and 120..

Hi on this version are you supposed to be able to join the same squad using the support menu. I have tried to do this using the squad admin and then join squad but nothing happens. Can anybody help with this thanks

how can i join an other squad, i pres join and the request was send , but the other person of the other squad see nothing of my request.

same problem here, but still no asnwer get

I would like to add a routine included in this version into my own modded version of warfare but have no idea how to do it.

Can anyone tell me how to add that routine from this mission which spawns friendly troops after you capture a town and they stay and defend it? My version doesnt have this yet and I wish it did, so id like to add it in if thats possible because im tired of the battlefield2-ish style of running back to towns i already captured:-)

...any help would be much appreciated!

Hi there guys

Is it possible to make a warfare mission that only has about 4-5 towns close together? I can only play singleplayer and would realy like to engage my AI opponent early in the game cuz i cant save?

Please can somebody tell me how to do this?

Would be very much appreciated

Thanks

I posted this inside the wrong thread earlier.

Instead of A.I. buying, or in addition to A.I. buying troops / vehicles, allow the commander to buy the assets and assign squads and plot what he wants them to do. For instance, buy three manned vulcans and place them to "Defend Town / base".

Would love the ability to use Zonekiller's / Mando's Support scripts, but instead of having a Blackhawk bring reinforcements by default use of the script you have to purchase the blackhawk first and assign purchased troops / squads to the blackhawks to bring reinforcements. Then when you need them in a sticky situation or need reinforcements quick, you have assigned a set squad / number of Copters / Troops to serve that purpose. Same with CAS Copters and Jets. Purchase to set aside and use instead of just "Having" them because the script says so.

Just like with Doolittle, love your work and hope you return.

I just saw this thread. I'll evaluate the mission tonite and report back any bugs/problems that I see when I have a few minutes (and remember to do so)!

since the ai supply and salvage trucks are disabled, does this mean supplies are automatically generated, or do players have to do their own supply trains to and from the main?  I wouldn't mind having to command a supply corps and engineering corps, (for salvage operations).  I personally think if these things are scripted and just happen instead of actually having to be done, it takes away from the mission instead of adding to it.

I had a weekend off and did some work using my mission.

I made a version combining rbti 00085, WACO and my Warfare advanced

Features include rbti functionality, waco ai and my ai score sharing - you get points form ai. Dolores bridge fixes, and indavidual loadouts per unit class to name a few. Known bug, scaler bool issue on template prices for east, does not effect functionality. Many other existing errors have been removed including 'missing content:warfare and other bugs. Better unit deletion system and improved supply trucks

Also ural/uaz/riflemen from town depots

O great thanks will def try this.

I have dl it and cant get it to work in MP anybody elese have this problem?

im not a noob so its all in the right place etc :-)

and when i try to open in the editor after unpbo it i get read only:-(

but I managed to join the server that was up so it must work ok online...

O great thanks will def try this.

I have dl it and cant get it to work in MP anybody elese have this problem?

im not a noob so its all in the right place etc :-)

and when i try to open in the editor after unpbo it i get read only:-(

but I managed to join the server that was up so it must work ok online...

Yeah me too,seems the mission sqm & Description.Ext is missing?

Probably a good reason for it?

I did chuck my own .Ext in and had to fiddle with some other stuff to get it to work,but Commander AI teams wont come outta the barracks?

I can buy them ok though?  huh.gif

i will tackle this tonight, sounds like a pbo issue, will use different software.

if all else fails you may be able to get it from visiting my local test like pip did and taking it from your mpmissions cache

i will tackle this tonight, sounds like a pbo issue, will use different software.

if all else fails you may be able to get it from visiting my local test like pip did and taking it from your mpmissions cache

I did that but the one from the cache still wouldn't start a server on my machine

very odd seing as i was playing online on your server

anyway the quick go I had it looks v good

did you manage to get the Waco respawn system ,where you can respawn into your group to work?. thats what i really want combined with the RBT warfare. tried to do it myself but errors

Working on it, damn army keeps me busy, so I'll have it done ASAP. Which may mean a week or so. Gotta get it done before my life expectancy shortens. Got your PM, I have to hammer out the WACO scripts, they arn't working quite right yet.

Ducimus

Ya this is why I sad someone http://www.flashpoint1985.com/ikonboa....on7.gif

Anyway this blend should be huge. I start playing ARMA again 3 weeks ago only after read someones post about Warfare.

BTW is there difference in AI logic between telling AI to capture towns and move to destination? (despite capture towns picks up closest Hostile loc)? Sometimes I want to setup massive assault to capture specific city.

Also is there ANY chance to save game status ? Like to play in standalone mode but it takes good 5-6 hours even with WACO to finish.

Cheers