Sign in to follow this  
MSpencer

Warfare V1 ADV AI 32 Players

RELEASE CANDIDATE 1

WARFARE V1 ADV AI 32 PLAYERS

New features include:

*Advanced tactical AI

**RACS AI will stalk and kill you inside of a town, trying to eliminate the invaders and restore peace to their country. This results in a far more challenging experience in taking a town, as RACS won't stand around on a hill until fifty minutes after you've captured the town to come back in and try to take the flag.

*New AI pointsharing script

**Each point gained by your AI for killing enemy soldiers and vehicles is added to your score on the leaderboard. This results in a higher emphasis on teamplay and using your AI to increase the combat effectiveness of your squad. This will also reduce the number of "lone wolves" on your servers, and may help to increase teamwork between unaffiliated individuals.

*Improved Unit Cleanup

**Floating bodies getting you down? Warfare V1 ADV AI includes a sophisticated cleanup script for the removal of crew bodies and destroyed vehicles. This should greatly reduce the amount of lag experienced on servers by removing vehicles which really have nothing to do with combat operations anymore using serverside scripts.

I highly recommend this mission as a new standard for Warfare. As a CTI player since it came out, and as an ArmA player since about two months after it came out, I can say that this mission delivers an experience which is sorely lacking in contemporary versions of Warfare. The mission is based off of Warfare 1.1, and should be compatible with all servers and mods. Give 'er a shot!

Thanks MSpencer,

The server I've been playing on has been looking for more of a challenge like this.

Do you have a download link?

Axek.

Do you have a download link?

Yes,that would be handy! biggrin_o.gif

Major improvements -

Equip your ai with custom weapon loadouts, and save up to 5 templates

Significantly improved ai

Improved framerate

More objectives

Player Viewdistance/visual quality control

This is a changelog so far

warfareny0.jpg

improved town defence ai

improved resistance ai

improved town cap ai

added sharescore system - get points from ai

added mando hitch - pick up stuff with heli's

stopped ai salvagers/supply trucks

reworked map/added objectives

converted several scripts to functions

addded ai bridging system for dolores

improved framerate significantly

Support menu added

-Viewdistance / quality changes in real time

-Squad administration

-Equip AI with custom loadouts

Changed client menu update

fixed minor issues with garrison and resistance ai spawn

rifleman and ural/5t truck available at town depots

some changes to gui

revisited garrison ai

revisited towncap ai

AI air teams added

tweaked balance settings

Added more objectives (Saralite).

Fixed issue where menus after death did not reappear until boarding a vehicle

tidied ai air team scripting, still no dice

In a resistance kill zone post apocolypse, Paraiso is still not clear.

pic1iu4.jpg

No need for a sound file to create 'combat ambience'

During gameplay ai use all manner of weapon against you, even firing m136's at infantry and lobbing grenades.  Dont be surprised if you get flanked or find the enemy in the depot with you.

Very interesting, I see some Warfare awesomeness in a near future smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]addded ai bridging system for dolores

What does this mean?

this looks interesting, ive always found the rac's to be a big push over so this should be alot challenging, and some good decisons in the changelog too.

soon as you get it uploaded ill upload it too kellys server

had a quick go on this those AI really are dangerous now - can i try porting mando missiles into this as well if you dont do it

Quote[/b] ]can i try porting mando missiles into this as well if you dont do it

Sure, the current vers is 1.3, please build using that and post on here with a changelog, vers 1.31 if you don't mind.

If you don't already have a place to host it I recommend rapidshare.

Let me know if your having problems.

I am just making versions for saralite as coding takes so long.  If anyone wants to port this to different islands, that would be great.   There are two proprietary map triggers that must accompany this mission.

Note the two bottom triggers in this pic must be copied to new maps.

triggersse2.jpg

This is one of the ai friendly bridge scripts as they appear on the map. They can be moved or copied (with editing to the triggers and to the marker names)

bridgezm5.jpg

Why....people why can we not stick to using a standard naming system for Warfare Missions.

It makes things ALOT easier being able to see which version of Warfare your custom version is based off.

Please guys, it is not hard to do.

From the wiki:

Quote[/b] ]Naming will also be important when trying to keep an overview of all community made modifications out there, so here's a short description of what to rename and where.

* Folder name - Since this also determines the eventual name of the PBO you might want to release, setting up a clear name for your mission folder is quite important.

o Suggested format: Warfare<player count><Warfare build>_<modification name><modification build>

o Naming example: Warfare32V11_RabbitWarfareV2.2

* Mission name - The name under which the mission is listed in the server browser and mission list is defined in the Intel section of the mission.sqm file. You can modify this by clicking on the Intel field in the top right corner of the mission editor, or by locating the entry in the mission file using a text editor. It is recommended that the naming standard follows a similar format to the PBO name.

o Suggested format: Warfare<player count> <Warfare build> - <modification name> <modification build>

o Naming example: Warfare32 v1.1 - Rabbit Warfare v2.2

*Improved Unit Cleanup

**Floating bodies getting you down? Warfare V1 ADV AI includes a sophisticated cleanup script for the removal of crew bodies and destroyed vehicles. This should greatly reduce the amount of lag experienced on servers by removing vehicles which really have nothing to do with combat operations anymore using serverside scripts.

Not sure this is a good thing, sure the body cleanup would be great, but the vehicle cleanup isn't as we get points from salvaging these.

I just improved body cleanup, no real change to vehicle cleanup. AI salvagers and supply trucks were disabled.   Otherwise standard v1.1 settings. Supply limit in towns is up to 1000.

Like the map a lot, but first game i went to capture pesto but wont let me take it. made sure all area clear but still no. was able to capture the near by camp with no problem, any ideas?

Also just noticed that the ai teams are all stood around the pesto base but still not on the captured towns list?

Your right, Pesto is problematic, not sure why it did that.  I am deleting pesto in 1.31.

released

ok but it seems a shame as it is nice to have the smaller towns as well sad_o.gif

a full sahrani version is complete, I will add it for download as soon as I am done testing it.

That will be great, looking forward to it. must admit thought my pc is starting to struggle with the load (lag). Are any of your plans to include 16 player version?. Was going to have a go myself at reworking warfare but looking at the scripting its beyond me lol. Thanks for your efforts  notworthy.gif

btw just played on the full island version, its good but was a little disappointed because the extra towns were not there. i think the northern area does need more. anyway great map thanks...

Quick question, does the AI use the buildings in the city like in SLX?

We played a game last night and found a few things. (The South version)

* Corinto seems to be bugged, it would never switch, though it's camp would.

* There was no capping progress bar when capping any town flag/base. Though it would show for any camp you were capping.

* Fast Travel didn't work for any of the new towns.

* The Bridge would make our own vehicles get stuck halfway across. Though this may have been a mod causing conflicts. We never saw any AI units being transferred across the bridge, as it was blown up pretty quickly.

Either way, thanks for the modifications.

Axek.

I can truly say that I don't like not having the supply trucks, the salvage trucks I can do without, but them supply trucks are vital for LAN (SP). It takes forever to build up a respectable base, especially when positioned to the far northern part of north Sarhani.

We played a game last night and found a few things.  (The South version)

* There was no capping progress bar when capping any town flag/base.  Though it would show for any camp you were capping.

* The Bridge would make our own vehicles get stuck halfway across.  Though this may have been a mod causing conflicts.  We never saw any AI units being transferred across the bridge, as it was blown up pretty quickly.

Either way, thanks for the modifications.

Axek.

yeah i have noticed the same problems...

Quote[/b] ]We played a game last night and found a few things.  (The South version)

* There was no capping progress bar when capping any town flag/base.  Though it would show for any camp you were capping.

* The Bridge would make our own vehicles get stuck halfway across.  Though this may have been a mod causing conflicts.  We never saw any AI units being transferred across the bridge, as it was blown up pretty quickly.

Also if we changed commanders, the Ai we had would not take downs, or any orders from the commander.

I hope some of the bugs are fixed, because the 1-8th squad like what you are trying to do with the mission.