Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: Still cheats/hacks bypass sigcheck and battleye!!!

Dear Battleye developer Bastian and dear Arma Dediserver-developers,
    as you might know, our community "arma-rpg.com" are running a Gameserver (placed second in the list) with one of the most played missions, called Sahrani-Life(reloaded).

We have both Battleye enabled and Sigchecking enabled, but still people CAN and DO HACK/CHEAT THE SHIT OUT OF THE SERVER, by spawning Bombs and stuff and destryoing everything.
    This leads then sometimes that the whole Server crashes and can only be restarted by shell-console and the server-script (we using linux).

It was with most certainty this new KFC-Package:
    <span style='color:red'>K F C link removed</span>

As you can read in this thread, you can bypass the sig-checking by placing the PBO in your addons-folder AFTER you joined, means when you already ingame.
    This must be a joke right? Sigchecking ONLY check when joining but not after? Please FIX this.

Please, who ever is responsible for preventing this, DO IT&#33;
    Do not release a other version of the dedicated server/Battleye until you fixed this. We are so unbelievably annoyed by this.

This is so annoying, i am working from home and people annoys me every hour that the thing got hacked/cheated again - i have no time for this&#33;

Please Please Please fix this&#33;

Sorry for my harsh way of presenting this, but enough is enough....

Best Regards, Christian

Marek Spanel: [...] Every single element is well taught so that it fits together. So this is a significant change, because with ArmA 1 it was just random, really.
    We made some units because we had to. There wasn't much passion from our side with the first ArmA, to be honest. This time it's different. (Videogamer.com Interview

Please BIS: Arma2 must become a TRUE MASTERPIECE - Not a middle-heavy catastrophe!

T K C wordfilters to KFC

BI forums slowly morphing into another chan board?

Warrant Officer
    Providing Links to this KFC assholes will surely not help keep hacking and cheating away.

That link does not work atm, but should be deleted before the Server is up again.
    MB: Gigabyte GA-MA770-UD3 - CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 945 - RAM: Corsair XMS 8GB DDR2 RAM-800 MHZ - Video: EVGA GTX 660 TI SC 3GB - Sound: Asus Xonar DX PCI Express 7.1 Audio Card - OS: Win7 Home Premium 64 BIT
    Buy the Games you play.
    This should be the minimum support and respect to the Developers work.

While I understand your frustration very well, I can only say that&#39;s impossible to prevent everything.
    To put it straight, it&#39;s a fact that you can hack any code running on a client. If someone puts enough effort into this, he will be able to accomplish anything.

Therefore, the maximum BattlEye can do is to detect ALL public hacks and MOST private (non-bypass) hacks. If I promised you more than that I&#39;d just lie and I am not going to do this.

Also, BattlEye can&#39;t do anything against script hacks (and things such as spawning bombs sound like scripts). Scripts are a legitimate feature of the game engine and therefore not detectable from BE&#39;s point of view.
    If there are ways to trick the signature checking other than hacking the game&#39;s .exe (with a BE bypass, since BE detects the modifications), then this is very bad and indeed needs to be fixed in the next patch.

I hardly believe that the exploit you posted is true though. Technically this sounds very unlogical to me.
    You shouldn&#39;t believe everything you read on those sites anyway. Over the time I have often read things that simply are nothing more than blatant lies, either spread with or without intention - and I am not doing propaganda against them here.

Author of the Thread
    Thanks for your reply. I can tell you more:

1. One of our game admins always tries privately the newest KFC Hacks/Cheats and he confirmed me yesterday that this one i linked IS WORKING&#33;&#33;&#33;

2. It was a KFC hack because as soon as the bombardments started, everyone got a message like "----------KFC started----------" or something like that.

3. I don&#39;t care at all who will fix or prevent this, as longs as it&#39;s getting fixed.

I mean honestly, everyone knows how small the Arma playerbase is already, and those recently upcomming hack-attempts (which also can crashes the servers) will SHRINK it even more.
    GOD DAMN, BIS do something working against it&#33; Or Armas online playerbase will DIE&#33; THe people are so pissed off and you can read in dozneds of forums that people say they don&#39;t play Arma anymore because of hacks and cheats&#33; Great, isn&#39;t it? *** ***

I&#39;m off, this is enough for today.

Regards, Christian

Quote Originally Posted by (mr.g-c @ July 09 2008,15:26)
    1. One of our game admins always tries privately the newest KFC Hacks/Cheats and he confirmed me yesterday that this one i linked IS WORKING&#33;&#33;&#33;
    I need to ask: It works on a server with signature checking enabled?

Author of the Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by (&#036;able @ July 09 2008,15:29)
    Quote Originally Posted by (mr.g-c @ July 09 2008,15:26)
    I need to ask: It works on a server with signature checking enabled?
    I think so.... i&#39;ll ask him as soon as he is online again....
    Maybe he is even registered here and can answer here directly.

This is what they have written in their forums (KFC):
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]The idea is to start the game with the .pbo cheat attached. Then moving it somewhere else while joining a server and putting it back or similar.....

Well the problem is the regularCheck part of signature checking still kicks people for timing out, even after the timeout was increased in the latest patch - so most servers with sig checking still run with regularcheck off.

So if a hacker *is* removing addons during joining, and then readding them once connected, the regularcheck is the only line of defense.

Still, they can cause havoc in the time period between completing the join signature check and the next scheduled regularcheck. Enough to drop some GBUs i imagine.

Putting the exploit itself in public isn&#39;t the wisest idea ever...

Suma has a PM box, I suggest you use it instead.

As for the whole "it&#39;s unnacceptable" stance, like stated, NOTHING, and I mean absolutely NOTHING will prevent cheating, you do your BEST to counter what exists, but it will eventually be countered itself, always.
    It&#39;s now the case.
    Just warn BI, and wait for the fix.
    Whisper / Kalbuth / MrK
    ex-OFrP member.
    ArmA3 / Planetside 2, member of MercenaryS
    Planetside / ET:QW / Tribes Ascend, member of Formido Clan

Arhg&#33; Why make this public ffs &#33;

The baby brains with little penis&#39;s and hairy palms will giggle like girls when they see this sort of shyt in here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast