Sign in to follow this  
dale0404

Anyone Worried

An interesting documentary i watched on the 1st atomic bomb testing is that some of the people involved thought there was a risk of the chain reaction burning the atmosphere of the planet.

But ... they did the experiment anyways.

So of course, there is a risk the supercollider will end the world by creating an uncontrollable black hole inside. It would not be the 1st experiment to lead into unexpected result.

And i like the expected in the scientist report :

Quote[/b] ]The report added: "The expected lifetime [of a mini-black hole] would be very short."

Now that's not exactly a way to show a 100% sure thing isn't it biggrin_o.gif

But ... they will do the experiment anyways.

Yes sometime scientist people are just crazy.

I just hope there will not see the unexpected in their expected results.

Did I miss the end of the world again?!

What harm could a couple of particles do, hey? tounge2.gif

Good damn, I wish people would stop making a fuss about the LHC.

No, the world won't end and there will be no Outcast-like-black-hole eating the planet!

Ever heard the name Hawking radiation? Thats the radiation that is created when a virtual matter-antimatter double is seperated by the event horizon of a black hole. Due to the separation the virtual matter becomes real and the black holes radiates the so-called Hawking radiation.

This means a loss of energy and the black hole evaporates.

IF the LHC MIGHT create a black hole, it would be so tiny that it evaporates within femto-seconds.

Billions of billions of collisions this size happends every second on earth and in space as we speak (or write) right now.

Making artificial collisions isn't any more dangerous.

No I'm not worried of that.

It's a so small-scale system that it's only going to suck in a couple of scientists, at maximum.

But, if the end of this planet is coming soon because of that, I'd prefer that we all get sucked into a black hole in one big go to not make anyone feel left behind. It could be interesting to see the black hole from the inside. The explanations the scientists are giving to us are not even nearly enough... I'm more a practical work type of guy than a theorist...

No I'm not worried of that.

It's a so small-scale system that it's only going to suck in a couple of scientists, at maximum.

But, if the end of this planet is coming soon because of that, I'd prefer that we all get sucked into a black hole in one big go to not make anyone feel left behind. It could be interesting to see the black hole from the inside. The explanations the scientists are giving to us are not even nearly enough... I'm more a practical work type of guy than a theorist...

Your observations inside of the blackhole while being crammed into a space less than the size of a pin head (along with everyone and everything else) will be the last of my worries biggrin_o.gif

I am not worried.

If anything happens, Gordon will save us. ;-)

I am not worried.

If anything happens, Gordon will save us. ;-)

No, Cutter Slade :P

Worrying about the potential side effects of a man made particle accelerator is the least of our worries!

You might want to read this new article about climate change:

http://ap.google.com/article....1G3IBG0

Then when you've finished that you can read this interesting little article about recent sunspot observations:

http://wattsupwiththat.wordpress.com/2008....by-2015

But again we cannot be sure? ... OK then now read all about our evolving energy crisis and where it is gonna take us:

http://www.lifeaftertheoilcrash.net/

Still worried about the LHC?   tounge2.gif  

…If a big black hole does form and swallows us all up it might not be such a bad thing after all!!

Worrying about the potential side effects of a man made particle accelerator is the least of our worries!

You might want to read this new article about climate change:

http://ap.google.com/article....1G3IBG0

Then when you've finished that you can read this interesting little article about recent sunspot observations:

http://wattsupwiththat.wordpress.com/2008....by-2015

But again we cannot be sure? ... OK then now read all about our evolving energy crisis and where it is gonna take us:

http://www.lifeaftertheoilcrash.net/

Still worried about the LHC?   tounge2.gif  

…If a big black hole does form and swallows us all up it might not be such a bad thing after all!!

true, atleast it'll be quick and we'll leave this world in a big bang smile_o.gif.

I think the end of the world will faster come with a background like it is illustrated in OFP/ArmA/2/Ofp2 as any other science research. band.gif

...bomb bomb bomb.... icon_rolleyes.gif

The end of the world is close. Just do some research on 2012 and the crystal skull. World War 3 is close.

The end of the world is close. Just do some research on 2012 and the crystal skull. World War 3 is close.

What crystal skulls?

All of them are fakes, made to make money from it around 1920-1930, when you could make much money with such stuff.

When a big rock falls from the sky, it`s all over too. That can happen every day, and i`m still not a bit worried. smile_o.gif

After all we can`t do nothing when the end comes, so what?

Stay cool, all the panic will help no one. wink_o.gif

The only thing you're guaranteed in life, is death...

so what does it matter if it comes a few years earlier than planned?

The best laid plans of mice and men, often go awry

When the Colonials invited the Native American's to dinner; when the Spanish asked the South Americans to read their special book; when strange Jesus cults with a propensity for young girls see Government helo's flying overhead - to them it's the End of the World.

Happens all the time...

Come on ArmA2...heres hoping it gets released before the end comes so I can have some fun before all goes to hell in a handbasket.

And here's hoping Ground Branch releases also... and NHL2K9... and I win the lottery... and so on

Probably isnt but just in case I am off to give my wife one (last) good seeing too!

If that's her in your avatar, give her one for me too. wink_o.gif

I don't think any of this will lead to the end of the world, only of the human race.

Probably isnt but just in case I am off to give my wife one (last) good seeing too!

If that's her in your avatar, give her one for me too. wink_o.gif

I don't think any of this will lead to the end of the world, only of the human race.

Oh, thats alright then! biggrin_o.gif

hey, what happened to the russian cave-cultists who thought the end of the world was in May?

hey, what happened to the russian cave-cultists who thought the end of the world was in May?

They came out eventually, although I believe a couple of them died due to disease/exposure.