Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 67

Thread: JTD Smoke Effects MP Beta 5

  1. #11
    Thank you again - this is one addon that is always loaded! And now it gets even better - thank you so much!!

  2. #12
    Truly exceptional!

    Can't wait to see what else you have planned!


  3. #13
    wow)
    very impressing work0)

    thanx alot)

  4. #14
    Really like these effects. I do have one issue however. When damaged wrecks despawn (or get salvaged as in warfare maps) the grey 'ground' smoke remains for a very long time afterwards. Would it be possible to set a time for this type of effect? or even have the mod detect when the wreck of the veh causing the smoke effect has been removed from play?

  5. #15
    Major DMarkwick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 19 2006
    Location
    Lincolnshire, UK.
    Posts
    7,259
    Author of the Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by (sandzibar @ June 18 2008,10:35)
    Really like these effects. I do have one issue however. When damaged wrecks despawn (or get salvaged as in warfare maps) the grey 'ground' smoke remains for a very long time afterwards. Would it be possible to set a time for this type of effect? or even have the mod detect when the wreck of the veh causing the smoke effect has been removed from play?
    This is one of the things I considered, but I left it smoking because the purpose of the addon is to give a sense of battlefield "history" and to allow players to see where the hotspots are from a distance.

    If there's enough demand for the feature I can do it, but myself I rather like the way it is. Having it as a config setting might be possible, but it'd be fiddly
    Fire And Smoke for ArmA2: JTD_FireAndSmoke v0.2

    For better future effects addons, please vote for this ticket.

  6. #16
    Major DMarkwick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 19 2006
    Location
    Lincolnshire, UK.
    Posts
    7,259
    Author of the Thread
    There is a very strong possibility that the smoke grenade MP throw bug in ArmA can be overcome. More than very strong actually, it's almost definite. Xeno, the guy who made the Domination! mission has fixed it for me using coding fidgey-widgeyness.

    This means that any player who throws a smoke grenade in MP will generate a viewblock object, making smoke grenades useful against AI. As some of you know this was previously a problem for thrown smokeshells in MP (fired smokeshells were always OK) and is a great step forward for the addon.

    Next few days I'll release a v5.21 package, when I'm sure that it all works fine.

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Really like these effects. I do have one issue however. When damaged wrecks despawn (or get salvaged as in warfare maps) the grey 'ground' smoke remains for a very long time afterwards. Would it be possible to set a time for this type of effect? or even have the mod detect when the wreck of the veh causing the smoke effect has been removed from play?
    I too would like this function as i play cRCTI and it's rather annoying having the smoke burning without a vehicle present. I had to remove the smoke addon. Shame, as it is absolutely awesome. It really does add to the battlefield. Great for missions without respawning vehcles but looks weird with despawned vehicles.

    I hope you consider it or create a separate config for us Warfare & cRCTI addicts. Excellent job mate. ***
    System Specs:

    Spoiler:


    My brain knows what it's doing, but i don't have a clue!


  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by (DMarkwick @ June 18 2008,12:45)
    This means that any player who throws a smoke grenade in MP will generate a viewblock object, making smoke grenades useful against AI. As some of you know this was previously a problem for thrown smokeshells in MP (fired smokeshells were always OK) and is a great step forward for the addon.
    I'm very happy to read this news, I had been waiting this feature for a long time ago. Thank you very much DMarkWick and Xeno... the coop missions will be different after the v5.21.

  9. #19
    Does this still work as a server side only addon? I'm currently using DMsmokeeffects4_3b and would like to upgrade to this newer version.
    Documentation is not a dirty word.
    : TeamSPAFF : PRACS : RKSL : Stella Artois : Creme Eggs : XTRA :

    Making working streetside IEDs since 2011.

  10. #20
    Major DMarkwick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 19 2006
    Location
    Lincolnshire, UK.
    Posts
    7,259
    Author of the Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by (TankbusterSPAFF @ June 20 2008,16:59)
    Does this still work as a server side only addon? I'm currently using DMsmokeeffects4_3b and would like to upgrade to this newer version.
    Well DMSMokeEffects has never worked as a server side only addon, it only ever worked as a client-side only addon, until now. If you're using DMSmokeEffects to perform serverside viewblock in MP games, then yes this version is better.

    In fact this version (hopefully) should totally replace all previous versions.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •