Sign in to follow this  
EricM

Working Screens in Arma (PinP)

One of the major limitation of Arma's engine at the moment is the lack of working "picture in picture" screens in game.

for instance there is no way to add a proper screen in a helicopter or a plane to simulate a video feed (missile cam, simple scrolling map or else).

This is the same for a good old-fashion TV-set in a house, a video screen to drive a stryker, an open-air cinema...

This is not too problematic when you try to recreate older hardware (WWII up to late 80's) but more and more equipment rely almost exclusively on "glass cockpits" and this becomes more and more obvious (static textures).

I'm not asking for something super advanced, but this would be great to have a workaround for that, as all simulators (even the worst ones) have something similar, for a reason i think.

Edit : I know you can create a window with another view as part of the interface, but not a screen as part of the model, which is linked to the players movements.

yeah that sounds like some cool ideas that really is needed to give arma 2 engine that extra edge for modders and give gamers some more cool things to show to non arma gamers so they can get recruited and stuff. smile_o.gif

Another use of this could be realistic scopes- the peripheral vision staying at 1X zoom, and only the optics view being 4X zoom or whatever. Thing is, if not optimised right, performance would suffer a lot.

Still, although it might not add a huge amount to the game, it's still a worthy addition.