Sign in to follow this  
luky.m

Patch 1.14 Troubleshooting

I have a problem with patch 1,14

Withnout mod is work great but with mods its problematic.

When I shoot with BIS M4 or AK74 its display to me:

SIZE:'AK74Recoil/' not an array

and the same with M4

Do anyone know why ?

thank you   smile_o.gif

I've got a 1.14 patch issue as well, it's waaaaay too flippin big for my dialup line, I'm looking at over 28 hour's to complete. crazy_o.gif

Could you pury puhleazzzze make a 1.12 to 1.14 incremental patch?? confused_o.gif

I would be ever-so-grateful. notworthy.gif

whistle.gif

This is unbelievable!! In v1.14 the Ka-50 are still able to attack air targets with their Vikhr missiles! I can't believe that BIS didn't fix this!

The Vikhr missiles are still too precise against air targets (but seem less than in 1.12) and if the Vikhr can engage air targets was implemented on purpose than it's unbelievable that they didn't do this for the Hellfire as well!

This is unbelievable!! In v1.14 the Ka-50 are still able to attack air targets with their Vikhr missiles! I can't believe that BIS didn't fix this!

The Vikhr missiles are still too precise against air targets (but seem less than in 1.12) and if the Vikhr can engage air targets was implemented on purpose than it's unbelievable that they didn't do this for the Hellfire as well!

Hi all

Hardly a 1.14 error since it has been there since ArmA was released and is 100% intentional.

The Vikhr is an Anti Tank and Anti Air missile. The Helfire is not an Anti Air missile. Simple as that.

Here is a video of it being tested on a drone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z03y04imhQg

Quote[/b] ]Maximum effective range 10,000 m Effective against ground & air targets at converging speeds to 800 km/h.

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/row/at-16.htm

Follow link for full text

Please try to keep up, ricnunes at the very least check you facts with Google before letting the clutch out on your keyboard.

Kind regards walker

1.08. starforce driver+ vista 64 bit, = freeze at boot.

Difference in 1.14? Or i still can't use my original (1.0 czech verison) dvd, and i must use securom version +yasu?

I've got a 1.14 patch issue as well, it's waaaaay too flippin big for my dialup line, I'm looking at over 28 hour's to complete.  crazy_o.gif

Could you pury puhleazzzze make a 1.12 to 1.14 incremental patch??   confused_o.gif

I would be ever-so-grateful.  notworthy.gif

whistle.gif

both patches have little in common

start downloading

i dont even think you can play any but the simple maps with dial up online tho, I've watch our servers out put upto 150kbs per player on some maps and 4.2 kb wont work

Walker,

First of all I do keep up with the facts!

Secondly you are the one that that doesn't keep up with the fact, since NO, the Vikhr didn't locked Air targets in ArmA in version 1.09 and before. Only in version 1.12 was when the Vikhr started to lock air targets. Please, YOU keep up with the facts!

Third, the Vikhr is a laser guided air-to-ground missile (anti-tank missile), but and as any laser guided missile which also includes most of the Hellfire variants, the laser can be pointed at any kind of targets including air targets and yes, those laser guided missiles (Vikhr or Hellfire) can hit air targets as long as the air target doesn't manouver much (which as you can see, was the case in that video).

So, while not optimised for that, the Laser-guided Anti-Tank Missiles such as the Vikhr can engage air targets and if the Vikhr can so can the Hellfire (same kind of missile) as well and in ArmA if the Vikhr can attack air targets so should the Hellfire. Or if one of those missiles can't for gameplay reasons engage air targets (in this case the Hellfire) than the other one (the Vikhr) shouldn't engage as well. Simple as that.

I agree with that. That is the most annoying thing in ArmA now. Everything else regarding the game I could kiss and marry! But the new Ka-50 feature just ruins the balancing extremly. Here's an example:

The AI has a viewdistance of more than 4 km. The players use a blackhawk chopper to get to an island. Suddenly the blackhawk explodes. There is no warning, the AI Ka-50 simply shoots the player from the other side of the map. It's even more annoying that one Ka-50 can kill a dozen of aircraft before getting killed. East gained an unfair advantage.

If the Ka-50 must have AA missiles, please specify a new ammo type for it with max. 2 rockets. This way it could be in the hands of the mission creator if the Ka-50 should have AA rockets or not. If this is not working then please split the Ka-50 into 2 versions - the old version up to 1.11 Beta and the new version with AA rockets.

And please ... please ... please ... please ... release it as a hotfix wink_o.gif

Hi all

Checked up it there has never been a Hellfire AA variant but there is a variant of the AH1 that can carry one AIM-9L Sidewinder missile replacing the 8 Hellfires or 4 TOW missiles!

...but I dont supose that would make it fare either. sad_o.gif

Damn the world aint fare and neither is ArmA mad_o.gif

Oh Dear, How Sad, Never Mind. confused_o.gif

That said of course you could MOD ArmA to make the version you want! The wonders of ArmA! It would be very simple config change just make a version of the KA50 config replacing Vikhr with the hellfires config no modeling involved.  

OR!

Even with all weapons "fare!": Hellfire's that work against Air vehicles, T72s exactly the same as M1A1s, AKs the same as M16s etc.

BUT! do not ever expect to play it on any server I play on.

I like the fact that weapons are not fare and I think most other ArmA players do too.

Kind Regards walker

Got a couple'a issues since the install of 1.14.

1. TeamSpeak gets LAGGY AS HELL when in-game. If I Alt+Tab out, TS sounds fine, out of game, TS is fine, as soon as I launch ArmA, TS gets laggy and choppy. Not even in Multiplayer, at the menu screen or in SP still same thing. Not sure why as I didnt have this issue with any previous version of ArmA.

2. I've got NO multiplayer servers showing in my list. I've gone through all the filter settings, it is basically set to be the least intrusive and everything is open, show everything basically. NO servers. Once again, no issues before 1.14, everything was fine in my 1.12 beta.. just played last night on my units server, now I dont even see that server in the list anymore, even if i search for it directly, nothing. The server is, however, not updated to 1.14 yet, but it should still show up and just show the orange circle or whatever for a different version.

Thats all for now... anyone else have any of these issues?

I installed the patch now Queens Gambit addon dosent work. What should I do is it supported?

Hi guys I need your help.

Ive got my arma.exe from sprocketidea.com

the 1.08 was downloaded from one of the official links

first of all while installing 1.14 it doesnt recognize my version.

when I set it to sprocketidea gives me a problem installing...

So I selected the CHEcz DVD version, this time it installed well.

but when getting in the game I get the following message

bin\config.bin/CfgMovesMaleSdr/States/LadderMoveBase.connectFrom

I guess this is the reason why I cant move (the player is stuck in a weird position like climbing a ladder) when I get in any online/lan game

I already unistalled and reinstalled =/

help is very appreciated

Works for me OuyRurMind make sure in the new short cut the -mod=DBE1 is in there.

Hi all

Checked up it there has never been a Hellfire AA variant but there is a variant of the AH1 that can carry one AIM-9L Sidewinder missile replacing the 8 Hellfires or 4 TOW missiles!

Walker,

I guess you didn't understand what I previously said.

There are NO AA variants of Hellfire as well as there are NO AA variants of the Vikhr!

Both and every variant of the Hellfire and the Vikhr were designed as Air-to-Ground Missiles and are Laser guided missiles. A laser guided missile tracks, follows and hits a spot were a laser beam is being pointed at. This means that such a missile (being both the Hellfire and Vikhr examples) will hit where the laser is being pointed at, doesn't matter if you're pointing the laser at an aircraft, a tank, or any other kind of object. This is how such a missile works. The problem is that both of those missiles (but not only) where designed as air-to-ground weapons which means that they don't have the agility to hit an aircraft which is manouvering hard and fast. But if the aircraft is hovering (in case if it's an helicopter) or flying in a straight line, the odds of hitting that aircraft with such a missile becomes higher and in some cases quite good.

That said, both the Vikhr and Hellfire uses the same guidance system and have similar agility, so yes they have the same air-to-air capability which is LIMITED (only capable of hitting aircraft which aren't manouvering hard).

Really Walker, you should start researching move about weapon systems, and not only base yourself in a few youtube videos and a few web sites. I've been researching and buying military aviation magazines from early as the 80's, recently I usually buy magazines such as AirForcesMonthly, Combat Aircraft, I read Jane's publications and of course I also read web pages, but above all I try to understand how the weapons work and believe me you should try to do the same!

Also I can bet everything you want with you that the Hellfire as the same/similar Air-to-Air capability that a Vikhr has! But please, do me a favor read more and research more, before saying that someone doesn't keep up with the facts! After all it seems that it's you that doesn't keep up with the facts.

Finally, If it's that easy to mod the Vikhr so it doesn't lock air-to-air targets in ArmA, maybe you could post how it is done. I'm all ears!

ricnunes, Legislator, walker

Here is troubleshooting and I don't see what the Kamov and A-G weapons have to do with that.

Use the feedback thread for this. smile_o.gif

1 of my 3 machines during a match of Warfare the screen went white except for GUI alt tabbing fixed it

Nobody saw a lot of graphical issues in the water around rhamadi (at least forgot to look in southern sahrani - too busy with WARFARE smile_o.gif ) But its tiles around in the water. Everone playing saw them.

EDIT: This is an addon problem. So never mind. Seems like everone had the same addon that played last night. Will scout it out and post wich it is.

I am receiving an error constantly in several servers to due with Battle eye where it states: "Direct 3d Hook #1" Right before it kicks me. Any ideas on how to fix this?

I am receiving an error constantly in several servers to due with Battle eye where it states: "Direct 3d Hook #1" Right before it kicks me. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Are you using Fraps, GameCam, TeamSpeak Overlay, XFire or something similar?

"Direct 3D hook" means that BattlEye has detected some software that is somehow hooking into the renderer. Basically all recording software and programs that provide some sort of overlay do this. You might want to check out the BattlEye thread in the Multiplayer forum.

I still have that super drop in FPS no matter what setting very low to very high that 1.12 had. Even with 1 squad running on rahmadi's air field the FPS drastically drops. In the city the textures for buildings don't load until 2 minutes in. Version 1.12 had this also I don't know if its the POV or not. But 1.11 is my final patch I'll use since it does not have this FPS lag drop.

I have a problem with patch 1,14

Withnout mod is work great but with mods its problematic.

When I shoot with BIS M4 or AK74 its display to me:

SIZE:'AK74Recoil/' not an array

and the same with M4

Do anyone know why ?

thank you smile_o.gif

3rd party addons probably ...

So, while not optimised for that, the Laser-guided Anti-Tank Missiles such as the Vikhr can engage air targets and if the Vikhr can so can the Hellfire (same kind of missile) as well and in ArmA if the Vikhr can attack air targets so should the Hellfire. Or if one of those missiles can't for gameplay reasons engage air targets (in this case the Hellfire) than the other one (the Vikhr) shouldn't engage as well. Simple as that.

Assumption. you don't know really. so many factor can make a missile usuable or not for air target. not just targeting system ...

1. TeamSpeak gets LAGGY AS HELL when in-game. If I Alt+Tab out, TS sounds fine, out of game, TS is fine, as soon as I launch ArmA, TS gets laggy and choppy. Not even in Multiplayer, at the menu screen or in SP still same thing. Not sure why as I didnt have this issue with any previous version of ArmA.

2. I've got NO multiplayer servers showing in my list. I've gone through all the filter settings, it is basically set to be the least intrusive and everything is open, show everything basically. NO servers. Once again, no issues before 1.14, everything was fine in my 1.12 beta.. just played last night on my units server, now I dont even see that server in the list anymore, even if i search for it directly, nothing. The server is, however, not updated to 1.14 yet, but it should still show up and just show the orange circle or whatever for a different version.

have you a dual core cpu ?

try to not use direct sound. and / or try to level up the priority of TS process .

have you a dual core cpu ?

try to not use direct sound. and / or try to level up the priority of TS process .

I do have a dual core processor. I do use Wave on teamspeak, but havnt tried moving the process priority, will give it a go when i get home from work. Other then that, a reinstall of arma is next in line.

ricnunes, Legislator, walker

Here is troubleshooting and I don't see what the Kamov and A-G weapons have to do with that.

Use the feedback thread for this. smile_o.gif

Thanks for the hint ... well somehow it's a bug and a troubleshooting. I hoped someone simply could release a re-config file of the ka-50/its weapon/whatever caused the change. tounge2.gif But I will mention it in the feedback thread again.