Sign in to follow this  
luky.m

Patch 1.14 Troubleshooting

This may have been asked already, but;

Has anyone noticed the smoke trail ends prematurely when firing FFAR's in helicopters? I tried it with BLUFOR and OPFOR copters, same thing happens.

I have something happening with 1.14 after playing for a while. the ambience and muffled sounds get lower volumes. after reloading a savegame, all is well again. this happens all the time. could not relate this a mod or addon yet. but it happened after 1.14. anyone with similar experience?

Hey guys i get this error when i click the ArmA.exe without ANY addons on except DBE1 and i've tried without DBE1

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x28/layne_suhr/ErrorwithArmA114.jpg

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x28/layne_suhr/nexterrorarma114.jpg

... try reinstalling DirectX and your video drivers

How would i do that??? Sorry I don't have a knowledge of DirectX etc...

I have the same errors, but only with some mods. However, if I start up O2 and use the Buldozer viewer, I get the same errors.

In a twist of timing, I upgraded my vid card just a day before 1.14 was released. So, I *know* it worked on my new card before 1.14, because I tested to see what difference it made. smile_o.gif

Now, I'm downloading the latest drivers to see if that will help. However, I'm also sure my DX is updated to 9c. That should not be affected by the upgrade, but I'll try the new drivers.

Will report back.

Edit:

Nope - no change.

Edit2:

Sys specs-

Athlon 64 dualcore 4200+, 3gb DDR, nVidia 8400 512mb.

Edit3:

Found some threads like this-

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/armed-a....on.html

Which suggest using a -mod=beta command line parameter. No joy.

Oh, I'm using ArmA launcher to launch the actual game.

Edit3: installation of the new toolset solved the buldozer issue. Had to remap the disk in the mapdisk.bat, though. *feedback warning* - would be good to have it figure that out on its own.... *feedback apology* sorry.

After installing 1.14, anytime I join a server, after data transfer, it throws me back to the mp server list. Anyone know why?

Update: It turned out to be battleye - during the patch, it was trying to install battleeye and reported that it was already installed, so i cancelled the patch spawned installation attempt of battleeye the first time. Second time, I just reapplied the patch and let it install battleeye and now can join no problem...

Dual Core 6400

2GB DDR

Geforce 8800GTS

Hey guys i get this error when i click the ArmA.exe without ANY addons on except DBE1 and i've tried without DBE1

Then it goes to black screen then goes back and gives this error...

confused_o.gif  sad_o.gif  Please help (First time happened with my ArmA copy)

I have tried to re-install...

I think your patching process has failed. So either some files are not correctly patched, or you are running the wrong exe.

I got this error when trying to run the 1.12 beta exe without the beta addons loaded.

Reinstalling arma does the job I think

Then it goes to black screen then goes back and gives this error...

confused_o.gif  sad_o.gif  Please help (First time happened with my ArmA copy)

I have tried to re-install...

In your arma shortcut remove the beta from the command line.

c:/program files/BIS/Arma/beta/arma.exe

If that doesnt work check that your mod folders in the shortcut dont have a ; at the very end..

IF that doesnt work try reinstall, i used to get this when starting arma wrong.

So I ask again...

Whenever I fire FFAR in helicopters, the smoke trail ends just a few feet away from my copter. The trailer suddenly "stops" while the rockets themselves continue to zero on their target, without any smoke trailing behind them.

Anyone else notice this? Happens with both BLUFOR and OPFOR units.

after 1.08 all was good, after 1.09 beta all was good, i patched game to 1.14 ...

and i have things like in 1.05 - missing textures on objects, low resolution textures

and i have CTD like in 1.07 with "cannot create surface" after this patch again game is not playable...

after 1.08 all was okay, but now again you (BIS) screwed this what was good

after 1.08 all was good, after 1.09 beta all was good, i patched game to 1.14 ...

and i have things like in 1.05 - missing textures on objects, low resolution textures

and i have CTD like in 1.07 with "cannot create surface" after this patch again game is not playable...

after 1.08 all was okay, but now again you (BIS) screwed this what was good

System specs?

haha

system specs, computer was bought specially for arma in december 2006 with release of ARMA 1.00 and was working quite good untill 1.05 patch which started to cause such "low poly models and low resolution textures" till 1.07

after 1.07 game had often CTD with "cannot create surface DX 5..."

i said game was working good since 1.08 !!!

specs:

AMD dual core 3800+, 2 GB DDR 675 Mhz, VGA Nvidia 7900 GS/256 DDRIII, XP SP2

haha

system specs, computer was bought specially for arma in december 2006 with release

i said game was working good since 1.08 !!!

specs:

AMD dual core 3800+, 2 GB DDR 675 Mhz, VGA Nvidia 7900 GS/256 DDRIII, XP SP2

Still not too helpful - I was thinking of something more detailed (driver versions etc.), preferrably a DXDiag. There have been many people for whom the game has worked good in one version or another, but then broke in the next version. Just getting angry about it never got anyone anywhere.

The key is to let people help you find the problem. So if you actually want to troubleshoot it, how about some more detailed specs?

i know ONE THING FOR SURE

I played many games and none of them made ANY graphic troubles !!!

even newest games like SOF 3, COD series, Y.A.E., Ubersoldier and many others

drivers were not touch since 1.05 or etc.

i know that 1.08 was working good, 1.09 beta was working good too and all was super, now all back to 1.05 no-textures and... i had 2 times CTD with message "cannot create surface... DX5... 2048" it is like 1.07 :/

VgA driver version: 6.14.11.6371

really game is now unplayable after patching :/

Let me put it this way: There are a lot of people (including myself) playing 1.14 just fine. So we can safely assume that the 1.14 patch is not ultimately flawed, otherwise we would all be having the same problems.

Since 1.14 is only causing problems for certain people, it is also safe to assume that the problems stem from using 1.14 in combination with certain hardware, software or that there is another external factor such as system temperature or RAM corruption.

For this reason, I am asking you for your system specs, because - believe it or not - I actually check the troubleshooting forums often to see if I can help people out. But if you're just posting here to vent your frustrations with BI, please tell me so, and I'll leave you alone.

EDIT:

I see you just added something:

Quote[/b] ]VgA driver version: 6.14.11.6371

Judging from your description of your problem, it's probably not the cause - but for a start, it may be an idea to update your driver to the latest one.

In your arma shortcut remove the beta from the command line.

c:/program files/BIS/Arma/beta/arma.exe

If that doesnt work check that your mod folders in the shortcut dont have a ; at the very end..

IF that doesnt work try reinstall, i used to get this when starting arma wrong.

First, thanks all for the help. I've undertaken troubleshooting with another game and it is not easy. smile_o.gif (And sys specs are fundamental in any troubleshooting.) thumbs-up.gif

Second, I'm becoming convinced (perhaps wrongfully) that it isn't a command line issue. Reasons:

- the same command line worked fine with 1.08 for me and apparently Layne, unless they changed something about the command line properties.

- Layne said he already tried a reinstall.

- Like I said, I use Kegetys launcher, and it seems like it would get the basics correct, like not ending with a semicolon, etc.

- I only get the error with some mods added, and not others. I'm trying to put together a list, but some that work are DMSmoke, and Mapfact and Vilas' models, and the suppression script. Some that give me the error are a (don't laugh) health bar addon, and CSM, and a couple other things I'm trying to narrow down.

I can live without the stuff (for now), but would like to figure it out. And, of course, I'm still open to the idea it is a command line issue. In googling it, I know that's what has appeared to fix it in the past.

Thanks again.

i changed driver to latest, i will check how it works now, but not today, maybe tommorow i will check for longer time

problem is that i cannot reinstal game, cause disc-orginality-check in game and in tools scratched my disc so much, that game doesn't start, it is good that this version do not require disc check, cause than i would not be able to even start

really Polish version secure is totally wrong :/

every time oxygen viewer starts it was checking disc... :/

making addons and mod caused my disc scratched :/

patch runs OK for me untill I zoom in on ironsight and suddenly everything lags like hell. I allso hate all the texture flickering + our clan server is running 1.08 because of higher desync after patch.

to sum it up this patch has made me to forget even start playing the game again mad_o.gifmad_o.gifmad_o.gif

In heavy missions (150 units+ with 2nd's suppression+FFN+DAC2) i lose alot of sounds while everything worked fine in 1.12. It doesn't seem to matter if i turn all my mods on or off.

I have a X-Fi gamer but it doesn't matter if i enable or disable HW acceleration/EAX, i still lose almost all sounds. confused_o.gif

I have never really had any issues with ARMA ,But since 1.14 I have had 7 hard locks only in multiplayer first I loose sound on the first 4-5 shot from weapons or vehicle sound slowly disappears then hard lock . The only error arma.rpt file shows is NTDLL.DLL . After the first 5 lock ups I did a clean install of windows, updated all drivers to the newest and installed arma gold then 1.14 patch and have had 2 more since and this happens in MP only SP is great, smooth as glass

sys specs: C2 quad q6700, asusP5B Premium Vista Edition , corsair xms2 ddr2 pc6400c4, evga 8800gt ko 512 meg, 3 WD 150 gig raptor (raid0) ,creative x-fi xgamer, sony dru-840a dvd-rw, razer copperhead mouse,saitek eclipse2 K/B,saitek evo joystick, BFG tech 1000 watt P/S, antec 900 case, windows xp sp2

so if i read that this is "final patch" and game will be loosing textures as people report... than BIS f*** what was good since 1.08 and 1.09beta and it will be a final of game ;] not final patch but final of game

with new drivers from time to time i still see far LODs on some trees/bushes sometimes on buildings i see low resolution textures, if game would be behaving like this than... game over...

on my PC it was working good (with small problems) since 1.00 to 1.05

1.05 f*** everything and it was playable after 1.08

it is stupid software if it works only on some versions like 1.00-1.04 and 1.08-1.14 :/

i had many games on my PC, never any of them made any single problems, even all nights of playing SOF3 or other new games, newer than ARMA by date of release

lol some things never change smile_o.gif

Afaik, they mean Final as in: "Alpha", "Beta" ... "Final".

Scratches; You are right that with a few too much scratches, some copy protected discs will not be recognized properly any longer. However I must find the first dvd-player in my system that scratches discs for me....

Sounds to me more like you scratched your disc by accident during usage (usage-scratches). (CZ-Copy protection is same as Polish afaik; I wonder why me and all my buddies that have the CZ-version, do not notice these problems)

Disc validation problems; Try Contacting Securom Support. I understood that they will arrange a new key or do whatever, to fix your problem.

I'm getting disconnected ALOT from MP games with the "no message received for xx seconds", I've removed all mods and cleared out my MP missions folder.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

In heavy missions (150 units+ with 2nd's suppression+FFN+DAC2) i lose alot of sounds while everything worked fine in 1.12. It doesn't seem to matter if i turn all my mods on or off.

I have a X-Fi gamer but it doesn't matter if i enable or disable HW acceleration/EAX, i still lose almost all sounds.  confused_o.gif

It seems like updating to the latest X-Fi drivers fixed it, stupid me.  tounge2.gif

I recently installed the 1.14 Patch, the patch is great but it seems that the cloud and sky textures have disapeared, i now have a monotone sky, any idea what the problem could be?

I recently installed the 1.14 Patch, the patch is great but it seems that the cloud and sky textures have disapeared, i now have a monotone sky, any idea what the problem could be?

Any custom modification installed?