Sign in to follow this  
luky.m

Patch 1.14 Troubleshooting

i found in my opinion serious BUG in 1.14

when you make mission and when you make "own cargo" using "this moveInDriver" and you make group that has to get in, and get out, than geting out NOT WORKS

example:

i put M113 with default crew , i made LOAD, TRANSPORT UNLOAD points, group/team has points GETIN, GETOUT

all works perfect

but for example i want to use my own crew for this M113/BMP/whatever

i make simple mission like: puting empty veh. called M113,

crew "this moveindriver m113", first point LOAD, next point T.U. (like previous)

group is geting to empty veh.

and ... GET OUT NOT WORKS, they stay in vehicle no matter what

I recently installed the 1.14 Patch, the patch is great but it seems that the cloud and sky textures have disapeared, i now have a monotone sky, any idea what the problem could be?

I'm having the same problem as you, it is hard to explain but its a mono texture, no clouds, no sun. Everything with my sky was fine since 1.08. I took a picture so you can see what we're talking about. noskyrm0.png

I just recently found out, that the kickduplicate option doesn't work anymore. I have got ArmA installed on both my PC and my laptop, the later mostly used as a dedicated for LANs. Last time my friend didn't bring his PC but couldn't play because of the duplicate key error. The server config worked fine, except this command.

We now know this and he brings his reg-key next time, but it would be nice if kickduplicate worked again.

i have the same sky problem

i have nvdia 7300 gs with dirver 174.16

When i start ArmA 1.14 i get this error message.

No entry

'bin\config.bin/cfgVehicles/HMMMWVTOW/Turrets/MainTurret/ViewOptics.initAngleY'.

No mods running  sad_o.gif

Apart from units lying down under water at the waters edge and dying i don't really have any issues. Supplying my men with snorkels might help.  biggrin_o.gif

I just recently found out, that the kickduplicate option doesn't work anymore. I have got ArmA installed on both my PC and my laptop, the later mostly used as a dedicated for LANs. Last time my friend didn't bring his PC but couldn't play because of the duplicate key error. The server config worked fine, except this command.

We now know this and he brings his reg-key next time, but it would be nice if kickduplicate worked again.

It is no "duplicate key error" when you run two rigs with one copy of ArmA.

btw. I would not try to do that at all, to avoid activating fade or whatever it`s called in ArmA. wink_o.gif

Ok, heres my problem. I patched from 1.12 to 1.14, however the main menu stil says I've version 1.12........ However, it's 1.14 in disguise, all the latest addons and islands work, even the extra warfare stuff is there. But it still thinks its 1.12 so I cant play on 1.14 servers online. Any ideas ? ?

Ok, heres my problem. I patched from 1.12 to 1.14, however the main menu stil says I've version 1.12........ However, it's 1.14 in disguise, all the latest addons and islands work, even the extra warfare stuff is there. But it still thinks its 1.12 so I cant play on 1.14 servers online. Any ideas ? ?

1.12 was a beta patch and should be removed, redo your short cuts to go to the 1.14 ARMA.exe. The 1.12 should have its own folder.

Hello I have arma patched to 1.14 I just bought queens gambit can I install it over arma patched to 1.14?

any help on my last question havent installed it yet dont feel like installing everything again if do something wrong.

Done a fresh install (Sprocket 1.08 version), game boots/runs fine.

I install 1.14 and it fails to boot, checks all boxes but 2 as usual, goes to black screen, then CTD..................?huh.gif

Unistalled, Reinstalled 3 times....same results.

Russian version

The bug with string resource STR_NUM_MAGAZINES in bin\stringtable.csv still present since first release:

ammocountbugck6.jpg

We wrote about it along times. For example:

here (by Messiah2)

and here (by Selya)

Did any ArmA developers this posts read?

i have changed Nvidia 7900GS to Asus 8800GTS 512 and seems all is better, of course not perfect, cause i still from time to time have 0.5 second freezes, 0.5-1 second need to load textures on some percentage of objects

seems that engine of this game , cahnged after 1.08 is totally memory eating and sometimes choking

but what surprises me the most , even if FPS is 30 , than also sometimes smaller 0.2 sec. freeze happens

edit:

in missions where there are many units :/

not good

textures appear after second and zooming, specially BIS Strykers are cubic models, some houses on south Sahrani

funny - i have 35 FPS and 0.25 seconds halts, and those missing textures

i could expect missing textures if something is choking - for example 2-5 fps, but not with 35 FPS ?? :O

@ Selya

Russian Publisher can only fix stringtable errors. confused_o.gif

Q

Which publisher? All downloads offitial patches from site of developers ArmA. Some string resourses are changed, some added new. Why they can't this "two-byte-fix" made? band.gif

Vilas have you tried using the maxmem command and set the textures and shaders to high ? If not, try it. It fixed my LOD issues. Sounds absurd, but it worked that way.

I thought Suma said that command didn't work anymore? Oh and as for the topic, when I updated my drivers to 175.19 for my NVIDIA 7900GS got a CTD after like 30 minutes of play, although even though I was playing small firefights I didn't seem to get the old LOD problems, but the main thing is the CTD and why it's happening.

Same thing here. 1 hour of play if im lucky and ctd!

175.19 drivers may be poop!! ?? And yes my rig is freshly built and pumpin out serious muscle.

this patch broken not only graphics of 1.08

but today, making missions for mod i observed, that once again i have problems like 1.05 in sinking of AI

desant mission is again huh.gif impossible

thay get out of boats 10 meters from beach

they stay in water, they loose weapons

mission which was possible in 1.08, again is IMPOSSIBLE !!!

why "patch" is downgrading game huh.gif

althought my new PC has 8800gts 512, AMD 6000+dualcore

still Strykers have cubic wheels, textures appears sometimes after 1 second

of course now game is much much better, FPS is 28-38 instead of 15-19, but still happens low poly model of Styker, still on some of buildings there are missing textures, that appear after 0.5 seconds, still i see effects like missing RVMAT of destruction which appear in 1-2 sec.

in my opinion something wrong happened with AI in water

Vilas have you tried uninstalling all of your graphic drivers etc and then loading the latest one? I might also suggest having a look at your BIOS settings and making sure everything there in terms of AGP, RAM etc etc is in order.

On another note, I am having trouble with my sound when for example I am flying the LB and firing off some FFARs, the sound seems to 'dampen'. Not sure if this is intentional but its pretty unrealistic. The sound eventually fades back in so I'm guessing it's not a bug.

I have a problem with patch 1,14

Withnout mod is work great but with mods its problematic.

When I shoot with BIS M4 or AK74 its display to me:

SIZE:'AK74Recoil/' not an array

and the same with M4

I have the same problems with older patches, and i dont think anyone here answerd the question -_-

please help

It's most likely a problem with an addon that you have, especially since you mentioned that the game works fine without them. Try removing all custom addons and adding them back one by one to see which one is broken.

Yeah it was solved by itself somwhow. but there is another thing that bugs me, that "bird" thing.

Im playing, and than suddenly I become a fricking pigeon!

"good birds dont fly away in this game, i have only myself to blame" my ass! I didnt even died! I just walked around with the team and all the sudden im a bird. why does it happen?

Yeah it was solved by itself somwhow. but there is another thing that bugs me, that "bird" thing.

"good birds dont fly away in this game, i have only myself to blame" my ass! I didnt even died! I just walked around with the team and all the sudden im a bird. why does it happen?

1st, it not a fricking pigeon, it is a seagull smile_o.gif

2nd, you really have only yourself to blame for using hacked or pirated version of the game. banghead.gif

If you think I am wrong and you are sure your version is a legitimate one, just send me a PM and I will be happy to check what could be wrong.

1st, it not a fricking pigeon, it is a seagull smile_o.gif

2nd, you really have only yourself to blame for using hacked or pirated version of the game. banghead.gif

If you think I am wrong and you are sure your version is a legitimate one, just send me a PM and I will be happy to check what could be wrong.

only in pirated haa... I guess Im screwd.